• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V steelbook (Shinkawa art)

SJRB

Gold Member
For the record, a steelbook is mentioned in the Collector's Edition. The art used is clearly placeholder, so I'd say it's a fair bet to assume this steelbook will be included in the Collector's Edition.

wAMT8bE.jpg

Zomba13

Provided Konami does the PC version day and date I'll be going digital with that so no covers at all for me.

But then again Konami won't do that and the PC version will be "delayed" 6 months to make it "the best possible experience for the PC playerbase" in an effort to get people to buy it on the PS4/Xbone first because they somehow make more money there than digitally on PC?

Shin-Ra

You click "Buy" and make sure you have a valid card or payment method on your account.

How's that not clear? :p
I clicked buy and there was no indication anything had been applied.

On most stores you preorder by going through a normal order process.

Unpopular opinion from a graphic designer: Printing color onto steel is tacky as fuck, and the design of the standard cover is actually pretty good, especially considering what it is.

And that drawing is not even top shelf Shinkawa. He's done so much better/interesting work.

Definitely not gonna lose sleep over missing this one.

Provided Konami does the PC version day and date I'll be going digital with that so no covers at all for me.

But then again Konami won't do that and the PC version will be "delayed" 6 months to make it "the best possible experience for the PC playerbase" in an effort to get people to buy it on the PS4/Xbone first because they somehow make more money there than digitally on PC?

We've known for a while now that it's coming to steam on september 15th.

otapnam

For the record, a steelbook is mentioned in the Collector's Edition. The art used is clearly placeholder, so I'd say it's a fair bet to assume this steelbook will be included in the Collector's Edition.

I hope you're somehow right ;)

GKFinns

Since America rarely gets the awesome steel books (I'm looking at you MGS Rising) can anyone with access to Amazon.de secure me one of these? I have Paypal and would love to send you money for it!!

it looks to be the same case as the US/UK CE, the only thing of Shinkawa art that's on there is the artbook (which we also should have gotten, but that's just me)

hank_tree

SJRB might be right. Take a look at the JPN Collector's Edition:

I am 100% certain that the steelbook that is in the Collector's Edition is the one that is clearly visible in the promotional image for the Collector's Edition.

It's not unusual (especially in EU for some reason) to have a standard Collector's Edition and then a Steelbook edition that is separate and has different art. Final Fantasy Type-0 is a recent example.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Ordered with Shopto then cancelled and ordered Collectors Edition with GAME.

Cancelled Collectors Edition with GAME and ordered with Shopto, saved 58 quid!

Zaventem

On steelbooks bought in Germany, where's the USK logo usually? On a plastic wrapper?

I bought steelbooks from germany before and surprisingly there were none. My most recent was bloodborne sawcleaver edition the USK logo was on the disk itself along with the pegi one. If this is because of how ugly the USK logo you can rest assured it'll be on the disk.

Also i dunno if it was only a case with bloodborne but i think your system region settings decide the language for some PS4 games. I was expecting bloodborne to be in german but it started up in english.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
wait? you cancelled the collectors edition? the one with the arm?
Yeah well I only wanted the steel book and that was the only way to get it, until now.
I know what ya thinking but I was stretching it with the CE, I wouldn't have be able to do both.

Mr Git

Woops only just seen this is on Shopto, was gonna alert the thread but very late. Ordered it. Pretty pleased I waited to pre order this.

Hopefully the way ShopTo have listed it is a sign that all first editions of the game will include the steelbook.

Flubit have got me a price of £32.79 for the game, so that's why I'm really hoping that lol.

NateDog

Amazon trying to charge me for the PS4 from that crazy deal a while back. Not sure if I can afford it but especially after E3 I want so much.

Zaventem

late bump but amazon.de finally updated the art and they have this as the inside art to the steelbook. Dunno if it's the final version or they have two versions with the outside print the same but inside different.

NateDog

late bump but amazon.de finally updated the art and they have this as the inside art to the steelbook. Dunno if it's the final version or they have two versions with the outside print the same but inside different.

OK that's even better. Going to have to keep my ShopTo order on somehow.

Any more UK news regarding this? So far only ShopTo have mentioned it and that it's included with the same SKU as the day 1/normal edition.

Cleve

This just makes me sad that there aren't more mgs collector's editions available out there. I'm going to have to try to see who still have some in stock after preorders fail to pick them up.

nemisis0

This inside looks better then the other one :(

Tizoc

Just search Metal Gear Solid on Shopto it'll say in the description "includes steelbook" it'll have the box art with the CGI face but you'll get the steelbook as well

Ah OK cuz every time I search for the steel book it has the CGI face. Gonna tell my brother to consider shopto in this case.

So I had the choice of paying £45 to ShopTo and getting the steelbook, but receiving the game the day before release at best.

But I decided to pre-order with TheGameCollection for £38. No steelbook, but they have a reputation for delivering Tuesday releases on the previous Saturday, which would suit me nicely as it's the day I get back from holiday.

I'm just really hoping TGC get the steelbook in stock. It's so damn cool looking, but for me the cheaper price and earlier dispatch take precedence. I just hope I can somehow grab the steelbook from elsewhere if TGC don't stock it.

Top Bottom