• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain E3 Full Gameplay Demo [Up: NEW official version!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

glottis8

Banned
Africa has already been confirmed for MGSV, yeah? I recall a lot of people speculating that Eli's shack was in Africa.

Yea. It's been talked about already.

I guess we can look forward to improvements on how things look. I just want the game to come out already.

Bringing the dog as a feature would be awesome tho.

:lol

We're about to lose our goddamn minds man. I'm sure many people who come in here already facepalm us. :lol

:lol :lol :lol

About to?!

Dude. Check out our Twitter feed, if you think this is wild! :lol

Dat edit!
leuhkikcskn4.gif

there has to be a jungle. i remember kojima talking about open jungles during the development of mgs3. saying how he wanted guards to patrol the jungle in teams of 4 and things of that nature. my god to see all of that fully realized?

can you just wake me up with the game is out?

glottis8

Banned
there has to be a jungle. i remember kojima talking about open jungles during the development of mgs3. saying how he wanted guards to patrol the jungle in teams of 4 and things of that nature. my god to see all of that fully realized?

can you just wake me up with the game is out?

No kidding. I always thought the demo play they had for MGS3 was amazing. To realize that the game ended up being rooms, with very linear paths left me a little dissapointed. But open area with this kind of gameplay should be awesome.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I love this pic so fucking much, THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN!

BtzXPUbIcAEDQ_h.jpg:large

FATHER VS SON!

Remember how freakin awesome the endfight of MGS4 was? BROTHER VS BROTHER!

dat quote:

"THIS IS IT BROTHER, OUR FINAL MOMENT!"

I want something like this in MGSV!

Frolow

Banned
I love this pic so fucking much, THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN!

BtzXPUbIcAEDQ_h.jpg:large

FATHER VS SON!

Remember how freakin awesome the endfight of MGS4 was? BROTHER VS BROTHER!

dat quote:

"THIS IS IT BROTHER, OUR FINAL MOMENT!"
Seriously, just imagine the finale of MG2, where Snake burns Big Boss alive, in a full remake. It would be absolutely fantastic if done right.

jungle setting was briefly seen at the beginning of the e3 2014 trailer too bro

nothing gameplay related though. the 2011 demonstration is the closest thing we have to imagining what TPP in a jungle setting will be like, and that was 3 years ago as he stated

There won't be any animal eating on the field, you'll send them back to your base to be used as delicious ingredients.

jungle setting was briefly seen at the beginning of the e3 2014 trailer too bro

That was all palm trees, I think the jungle will be another place we've not seen.

Africa's SO big. Where in Africa?

Hasn't been revealed yet, but Kojima said in an interview that we're visiting more than one African country.

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=9895

After getting in a helicopter, players can select missions via a menu. Ground Zeroes will just feature one location, Camp Omega. The Phantom Pain however, will include a variety of locations all over the world, such as Afghanistan and various African countries. There won’t be any metropolitan areas though, instead expect locations such as deserts and jungles with remote enemy bases.

Well yes it does, the MGS series is Kojima's baby, he let his team gave it a try with Rising and failed miserable without Kojima.

If you ask Kojima today what's his favorite character he'd probably say "Solid Snake" since this character gave him the huuuge success with MGS1.

So there is absolutely NO WAY in hell Kojima would let his staff handle a Solid Snake story alone, especially after what they've done with MGR.

Kojima's on that Big Boss train.

http://kotaku.com/kojima-talks-metal-gear-solid-v-clones-sexiness-1262231488

Q: As the series has progressed you seem to be focusing more on Big Boss as a main character. Do you just prefer him over Solid Snake?

You have to keep in mind that Solid Snake is not a real human. [As in, within the story universe, Solid Snake is a genetically modified clone.] On the other hand, Big Boss is a real human being with true emotions. He can be more expressive than Solid Snake. So yes, as a result I find him more compelling to write.

Raynes

Q: As the series has progressed you seem to be focusing more on Big Boss as a main character. Do you just prefer him over Solid Snake?

You have to keep in mind that Solid Snake is not a real human. [As in, within the story universe, Solid Snake is a genetically modified clone.] On the other hand, Big Boss is a real human being with true emotions. He can be more expressive than Solid Snake. So yes, as a result I find him more compelling to write.

That's pretty stupid, a clone still has feelings. Must be some translation error.

randomwab

Which is bullshit. Solid Snake constantly breaking free of his "genetic destiny" unlike Solidus and Liquid and arguably creating his own path made him a much more compelling character, imo.

But then again, fuck Kojima for MGS4 Solid Snake. Yes I'm still bitter.

Frolow

Banned

That has to be a translation error or something. I don't even need to go into detail how much that undermines the rest of the series.

interesting. also of note from that article is this

Q: With the main arc of Metal Gear Solid 5 — Phantom Pain — set very close to the time of the first Metal Gear, is this game about closing the circle?

Kojima: I wouldn't say that exactly. It's another adventure for Big Boss.

that doesn't exactly sound like what team A would want to hear :)

This isn't surprising or new rather. He prefers to write big boss which is evident with all these prequels, I think there's a ign video of him going over his favorite characters and villains. He's always been on the big boss train.

I love em both but I prefer solid snake, plus that bromance with otacon is only second to Apollo and rocky lol

Slowdive

Banned

I hope that's a translation error.

that doesn't exactly sound like what team A would want to hear :)

To be fair though, he's changed his tune more recently and said it will. Which makes me wonder, was that always part of the plan? Like in the twitch interview he talked about bringing things full circle in "a very specific way", but he also said something along the lines of "we're forcing the story a bit to do this, and some discrepencies have come up" so I'm wondering if knowing that people expect this they've pushed the game back a bit to add some sort of epilogue that bridges it closer to MG1?

To be fair though, he's changed his tune more recently and said it will. Which makes me wonder, was that always part of the plan? Like in the twitch interview he talked about bringing things full circle in "a very specific way", but he also said something along the lines of "we're forcing the story a bit to do this, and some discrepencies have come up" so I'm wondering if knowing that people expect this they've pushed the game back a bit to add some sort of epilogue that bridges it closer to MG1?

I think he's going to change certain aspects that might contradict with the established stories from the previous games.

Alienous

Solid Snake isn't much outside of being a clone. That's his identity, even when he didn't know it. He's a weapon of war.

That's what makes him interesting though. He's a loner. His only friend is another loner. He's just a weird dude.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
the old part of old snake is perfectly fine, it's just that his character rolled back dramatically from mgs2 in order to suit the story.

That didn't really bother me. There was plenty of intervening time for him to change, not like it was the next day. Plus, the onset of the advanced aging would take it's toll on him mentally. Good enough explanations for me.

In fact, it bothered me more (but only very slightly) that MGS2:Snake was such a sneaky, backstabbing git to service the story, considering how he was treated in MGS.

Ishida

Banned
the old part of old snake is perfectly fine, it's just that his character rolled back dramatically from mgs2 in order to suit the story.

That's exactly what I liked about him. He acted like a real human being. One day you could be the most optimistic person ever, giving advice to everyone about "being happy and smile all day".

And then the next day you can be diagnosed with a terminal disease, and no matter what your previous ideologies were, you might be so scared of dying you may become grumpy or bitter.

We change ideologies and moods during the course of our lives, and sometimes we might not live up to the speeches we make to others. Old Snake, in my opinion, was a fantastic character. He claimed to love life before, but now his life had become a living hell; his body quickly deteriorating, having "seizures", being a soldier too weak for the battlefield. Yet he still kept on going. Not because it was his duty, but because he wanted to try his best to cleanse the world of his "meme" and "genes" before handing it over to the next generation.

old-snake-salute.jpg

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Despite Solid Snake being my favorite character, I agree with Kojima that young Big Boss departs from Snake in the regard that he expresses himself more than his son. Since Snake is more introvert/the silent type, I guess Kojima wanted to give a spin to Big Boss by making it more expressive in order to not plagiarize himself.

Each game of their prime missions might give the impression that they share the same traits, but Big Boss is waaaay more open-minded than Snake when it comes to relationships with other characters. The codecs in each game are a great example about that.

Sn4ke_911

Old article but...

Hideo Kojima Says Last Half of MGSV will Retcon the First Half of the Game

Kojima also admitted that at one point while writing The Phantom Pain, he thought the main character was Solid Snake instead of Big Boss and had to redo over thirty pages of dialogue.

Now i wonder how this can happen when Big Boss is the only playable Snake character.

We'll play as Solid Snake in the second half of the game.
leuhkikcskn4.gif

Edit: Is this article even legit?

Edit 2: Nvm, it's a parody site.

Sn4ke_911

Quick reminder: new Kojima station with Stefanie Joosten (GIFS!) starts in about 11 hours and 45 minutes.

Youtube thumbnail shows this:

2014-07-3100_13_35--koob6m.png

no need to be so embarrassed my good friend, at least you didn't make a thread about it.

Uh i'm not embarrassed at all, everyone makes mistakes but if you look at my latest edit i found it out myself so didn't need your smarty post to see it :p but it's all good man ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom