• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain E3 Full Gameplay Demo [Up: NEW official version!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old article but...

Hideo Kojima Says Last Half of MGSV will Retcon the First Half of the Game

Now i wonder how this can happen when Big Boss is the only playable Snake character.

We'll play as Solid Snake in the second half of the game.
leuhkikcskn4.gif

Edit: Is this article even legit?

Edit 2: Nvm, it's a parody site.

i'll just chalk this up to you saying english isn't your first language. that article is silly from top to bottom. no wonder you're the champion for team A :p

Quick reminder: new Kojima station with Stefanie Joosten (GIFS!) starts in about 11 hours and 45 minutes.

Youtube thumbnail shows this:

2014-07-3100_13_35--koob6m.png

Uh i'm not embarrassed at all, everyone makes mistakes but if you look at my latest edit i found it out myself so didn't need your smarty post to see it :p but it's all good man ;)

In... English?

I was watching my friend play metal gear solid ps1 today And we started talking about the series and whatnot and this crazy thought came to mind. Is it safe to assume that big boss in TPP is the equivalent of old snake in mgs4? I mean of course old snake was more worn down due to foxdie and stuff, but big boss with the shrapnel,missing eye, missing limb, plane crash, plus several years In coma.. I mean shit is it safe to make the comparison?

Frolow

Banned
I was watching my friend play metal gear solid ps1 today And we started talking about the series and whatnot and this crazy thought came to mind. Is it safe to assume that big boss in TPP is the equivalent of old snake in mgs4? I mean of course old snake was more worn down due to foxdie and stuff, but big boss with the shrapnel,missing eye, missing limb, plane crash, plus several years In coma.. I mean shit is it safe to make the comparison?
Eh, not really. Big Boss is only 49 in MGSV while Snake is supposedly around 80 in MGS4. Sure Big Boss has been through hell, but he's still agile. Snake needed an entire muscle suit + nanomachines to get around.

Spaghetti

nah.

mgs4 was, in a few ways, about weakness. mgsv is very much about strength and the misuse of power.

Palpable

Did Mike Oldfield ever publicly say anything about Kojima using his song in that trailer? Back when 'Not your kind of people' played in thr GDC 2013 trailer, Garbage thanked Kojima via twitter.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Sn4ke_911

It already seemed quite sexy back then. Anyway look at Venom Snake's horse and the diamond doge. We just didn't know what those things would be used for... :)

Yeah it did but over 3 years should make a pretty big difference, goddamn i'm curious how long this game is already in development when it looked like this already over 3 years ago. The Fox Engine alone should have taken quite some time.

I really wonder how far they go with the doge feature, can he poop same as the horse? do you have to feed him? what can he do? can he attack people? can enemies attack the dog? why do you need him? can he dig out diamonds? etc. still so many unanswered questions.

Wouldn't it be funny if you can take the dog as cover? say you tell the dog to go over there and while he moves you crouch with him on the side to use him as cover, same as the new "from horse side hanging" feature sure the doge must be pretty big but you never know what Kojima is up to :lol

I want to cosplay my doge.

Sn4ke_911

Yeah, I enter every one of her contests and never win :(

She's the community manager, I doubt she can reveal anything of importance about TPP.

Maybe Konami will announce something in the coming days? maybe more details about Gamescom? Ken said it's coming soon.

Edit:

47Mr51j.png

Sn4ke_911

CAT IS OUT OF THE BAG!

Breaking News! #KONAMI will celebrate #MGSVTPP with an exclusive event in Cologne during #gamescom2014, with @HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN in person!

Konami has announced plans to host an exclusive event the night before Gamescom 2014 opens its doors to the public where Hideo Kojima will reveal brand new gameplay of Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain.

Hosted by Geoff Keighley, the 60-minute show will take place at Cologne's Musical Dome at 7pm BST on August 13, where Kojima will participate in a live Q&A session and reveal an exclusive new look at the upcoming game. A "few surprises" are set to be in store, too.

The event will be streamed live overTwitch, while die-hard Metal Gear Solid fans will also be offered the chance to win an invite to the event. Details on how you can win have yet to be revealed.

Konami announced plans to show off"major advances" to Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain at Gamescom earlier this week. Here's hoping we'll finally hear a release date, too...

glottis8

Banned
Konami has announced plans to host an exclusive event the night before Gamescom 2014 opens its doors to the public where Hideo Kojima will reveal brand new gameplay of Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain.

Hosted by Geoff Keighley, the 60-minute show will take place at Cologne's Musical Dome at 7pm BST on August 13, where Kojima will participate in a live Q&A session and reveal an exclusive new look at the upcoming game. A "few surprises" are set to be in store, too.

The event will be streamed live overTwitch, while die-hard Metal Gear Solid fans will also be offered the chance to win an invite to the event. Details on how you can win have yet to be revealed.

Konami announced plans to show off"major advances" to Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain at Gamescom earlier this week. Here's hoping we'll finally hear a release date, too...

breathing-intensifies-infinity-cat.jpg

So do we still think MGO will be part of MGSV? would they announce it on the preshow?

Sn4ke_911

aaand they also LIVE STREAM the whole event + gameplay footage, no behind doors bullshit!!!

I could cry.

Konamiblog-gamescon-mgsv.jpg

Sn4ke_911

but it will be streaming quality shit. 60fps download!

Nah, they have a pretty solid live stream with source option unlike Naughty Dog (lol).

Remember the stream is only in 60fps if you can watch the stream in "Source" quality.

I'm sure they will put the video afterwards online.

Gamersyde again pls Ken and Konami!

The press release talks about how this event will have a few surprises in store and show the "sheer scale" of the title, or how "extensive and ambitious" it is. It even specifies how the game boasts "huge open world areas", as opposed to earlier marketing where they just talked about Snake's mission in Afghanistan as if it were the entire game. So it's definitely gonna be a new location, right?

glottis8

Banned
The press release talks about how this event will have a few surprises in store and show the "sheer scale" of the title, or how "extensive and ambitious" it is. It even specifies how the game boasts "huge open world areas", as opposed to earlier marketing where they just talked about Snake's mission in Afghanistan as if it were the entire game. So it's definitely gonna be a new location, right?

Whatever it is. I'll take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom