• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Survive. Who is fulton'd already?

luulubuu

Oh, get real. People aren't blaming the developers who are there to bring a smile to people's faces. It's the suits. Everyone knows that. Stop pretending like it's anything else.

And not paying for the hard work of devs will help ...how?

Honestly I think we should have a GAF wide boycott. Konami must be punished.

Pretty sure the whole theme of MGSV was, precisely, revenge is never the answer.

BigDes

Game looks super uninteresting and about five years too late for the zombie craze.

I susowct that it is going to be full of microtransaction nonsense.

Roufianos

Even if it wasn't a complete bastardisation of my favourite franchise, the concept is as generic as it gets.

I'm not going to support Konami or the devs who decided that the next instalment in a cinematic stealth series should be a zombie co-op shooter. I hope it fails miserably.

120v

i'm interested in the game as a decent time waster... co-op MGS5 with zombies.

if it weren't konami i'd say it's a definite go but i'll need a month or three after release to make sure there's no funny business

wrowa

I honestly don't even really know what the game is about, but I absolutely loved the gameplay of MGS5. My favorite game in the series, hands down (a shame about the story though). So, if whatever they're doing here extends the MGS5 gameplay in a clever way while being of similar quality I'm in, sure.

It will certainly be crowded by micro transactions so I won't touch it.
Good point. Certainly get the idea that Konami got their greedy little fingers all over MGSV with the microtransaction bullshit they were pulling with FOB "insurance" and such after launch. Expect this to be especially obnoxious now that Kojima's completely gone.

MGS5 ditching the co-op from Peace Walker is that game's biggest failing, so I'm definitely excited to tool around in that sandbox with some buddies.

Zombies are always ZZZ, but at least these zombies seem to have slightly more wild, interesting designs.

luulubuu

Good point. Certainly get the idea that Konami got their greedy little fingers all over MGSV with the microtransaction bullshit they were pulling with FOB "insurance" and such after launch. Expect this to be especially obnoxious now that Kojima's completely gone.
That's a fair point, however we still don't know so I will wait to jump that shark.

Even if it wasn't a complete bastardisation of my favourite franchise, the concept is as generic as it gets.

I'm not going to support Konami or the devs who decided that the next instalment in a cinematic stealth series should be a zombie co-op shooter. I hope it fails miserably.

I'm afraid your favorite franchise has been like that since MGS2. But sure.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I'm afraid your favorite franchise has been like that since MGS2.

giphy.gif

Necron

No, it looks absolutely horrible.

It just reeks of putting in zero effort. I love the engine and mechanics seen in MGSV which doesn't make it any easier saying "no" to this.

That's a fair point, however we still don't know so I will wait to jump that shark.

I'm afraid your favorite franchise has been like that since MGS2. But sure.
I mean, Kojima said in multiple times that he wanted to leave the franchise and want to do something new and he was okay with finishing the story in mgs2 but he kept making them. Somehow fans tend to quietly forget about this.

1) "We still don't know" is cute, but Konami has proven how greedy they're willing to be. Anyone who gives them the benefit of the doubt is just being willingly ignorant.

2) "Kojima wanted to do something new" supposedly causing the MGS games from Sons of Liberty to be generic bastardizations with zombie co-op shooter design doesn't make a huge amount of sense, y'know.

luulubuu

1) "We still don't know" is cute, but Konami has proven how greedy they're willing to be. Anyone who gives them the benefit of the doubt is just being willingly ignorant.

2) "Kojima wanted to do something new" supposedly causing the MGS games from Sons of Liberty to be generic bastardizations with zombie co-op shooter design doesn't make a huge amount of sense, y'know.
In today's news: someone is mad in the Internet at other's opinion in video games

Okay buddy, keep it up

Top Bottom