• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro Redux is real and will be unveiled "this side of E3"

DieH@rd

Banned
Great reaction to the leaks. I understand that big corps can't always be so buddy buddy with us and frank about rumours but it's nice to see from time to time.

Well, Deep Silver is so far away from "big corp" that is not strange that they are trying to maintain good relationship with gamers like this.

Might try out the first game. I got Last Light for $1 during that Best Buy screw up and liked some of the elements but I kept running out of air so I stopped playing.

1386623988217.gif

the dude laughing in the background gets me every time

If only Rockstar and Sony could confirm next gen TLOU and GTA V already.
Yeah seriously.

Watch Sony drop the bomb at E3 saying "And now for one of our worst kept secrets, we are announcing The Last of Us Complete Edition. It will be out globally for PS4 NEXT WEEK with an exclusive hand bag pre order with GameStop!"

this is cool and i will probably pick this up. now crytek needs to do the same for all 3 crysis games so that console-only gamers can experience those titles as intended.

Never played Last Light, and only got about half way through 2033. I'll be in for this for sure, give me both games, all DLC, enhanced visuals, performance, maybe even some new missions or something and I'm for $60 day one.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
If I had a PS4 I would get this only because it includes the first Metro game. I played Last Light on PS3 and I put it down after I got stuck looking for a gas tank in the swamp area to power a motor to cross safely. I felt the game is a bit too linear and scripted. Does anyone else feel that way? How does the first game compare?

A bundle of 2033/Last Light ported to next-gen would be nice. The game looked great on the 360 so I can only hope that it looks stellar on Xbone/PS4.

That is, of course, providing Putin decides to not turn Kiev into a warzone just for the sake of dick-measuring with the US and EU.

OneUh8

This is great. Never got around to finishing 2033 on PC, and never played Last Light. So this will be an easy purchase for me.

If that means we get 2033 in the Last Light engine, I'm game. Get that on Steam at a discount, and you got yourself a winner.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I can't wait for these, but I very much hope that Deep Silver makes an effort to fix some of the flaws of the games.

The most obvious one is to fix the broken stealth in the first game. Fix the controls to be more like the second one. The game has two endings and it's never remotely obvious how to access those endings. Most people who played Metro 2033 never even knew it had two endings.

For the second one my main suggestion is to tweak the stealth such that it doesn't make the game TOO easy. To also remove some of the more rigorous requirements of getting the best ending.

Barakov

Gold Member
This is the kind of news I like waking up to. I really enjoyed what I played of Metro 2033 so I'm down for this. Doubly so, If it's a collection of 2033 and Last Light.

Really liking this trend of publishers and developers going "okay, you got us, we ARE working on this thing that's cool, we just don't have anything to say about it just yet." It's not exactly letting us in on the development process but it's a step in the right direction.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Awesome, going to buy the shit out of this. Was one of the titles I was looking to get a next gen release, since my pc isn't up to snuff.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Really liking this trend of publishers and developers going "okay, you got us, we ARE working on this thing that's cool, we just don't have anything to say about it just yet." It's not exactly letting us in on the development process but it's a step in the right direction.

THIS.

Professor Pew

Neo Member
There are some things left for us to work on before our unwrapping with all the details (before E3), but we think GAF will be pleased :)

giphy.gif

(Old GIF)

BusterJol

Definitely going to buy this on Xbone. I didn't finish Last Light when I first had it. Feel bad about that considering the first one was fantastic.

Lingitiz

Interested to see what tweaks they make to Metro 2033. I liked the game but the shooting was frustrating and clunky in comparison to the sequel. The stealth was also complete trash.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Interested to see what tweaks they make to Metro 2033. I liked the game but the shooting was frustrating and clunky in comparison to the sequel. The stealth was also complete trash.

I agree completely. Tweak those two things and you will end up with one of the best games.

Darknight

I will buy this but if it has a solid framerate at a high resolution. It frames get dropped, might as well wait to play it on my PC when I update my GPU. Cant wait what it ends up being like.

sector4

I can't wait for this, initially I thought it was an April Fools, but count me in, Day 1.

I originally played both on 360, not owning a gaming PC, I would be so down for a PS4 version.

skybald

I enjoy these game from what I played. Will pick them up and take my time with them. I really like the worlds in the Metro universe.

Curious to see if it's just the PC versions graphics running on consoles. It'd be cool if they tweaked and improved gameplay and visuals.

I'm excited to check out the Metro games, but man - all these HD reduxes this early in the generation is becoming a disturbing trend. I've been around for a lot of gen transitions and never seen this before. What's worse, people are lapping the shit up, meaning pubs are just gonna keep doling them out.

Just something to consider when you're supporting these. I'm not saying don't, but I think we should be careful, as what happens early in this gen is going to be important as to how it plays out.

I played 2033 and thought it was pretty good. I'm glad for the next Gen port, but I hope there's a way to purchase Last Light decoupled from 2033.

BPoole

I hope it has a lot of new content rather than just packaging the game + DLC in a pretty coat of paint for next gen consoles. I already have the PC version + Season Pass so Deep Silver/4A need to gie me some sort of incentive for buying this

i-Lo

I got the game on PS+ and according to DF, it runs around and over 25fps on PS3. As such, I wonder if it is worth the wait.

In addition, would anyone know if they will be holding "Ranger Mode" as a pay-wall hostage in the re-release?

A definite purchase. Funny also because this is the transperancy we usually ask from devs and its nice to know that they aren't with the BS and came right out with it. This is now a must buy to me ,because of that.

legacyzero

Banned
Will buy the SHIT out of it when it releases!

Also: "Past, Present, and future." New Metro game, please! I live for this shit!

Top Bottom