• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Official thread of HOLY FREAKING CRAP

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
whatdidyousay said:
That's not true,
only 5 of those are required.

That's what I thought. Goddamn you Anihawk :lol :lol :lol :lol

One more question- how does finding missle expansions affect your ship's combat performance? I found quite a few but I'm not sure how it really changes anything. Can you actually run our of missles?

tim1138

Error said:
you just need 5 to progress and 3 are optional

I thought you needed them all... oh well. Aside from that one and one in
SkyTown
I found them through my own exploration anyway, so no biggy.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
First time through on veteran, 18:04, 100% complete. Pretty awesome, the whole fetch quest that so many people have been talking(complaining) about was non existent for me seeing as I got all of the cells right when I could and not at the very end when I had to have them.

Definitely was an awesome ride, but I kinda felt like some of the abilities werent used enough specifically the spider ball and screw attack, the times they were needed were to few for me.

evilromero said:
One more question- how does finding missle expansions affect your ship's combat performance? I found quite a few but I'm not sure how it really changes anything. Can you actually run our of missles?

the whole updating your ship's missles was totally un-needed. They serve no purpose whatever, except for perhaps speed runs to kill all enemies faster or something.

I think they added this in because they didn't have other things to upgrade

koam

evilromero said:
I just hope the next 2D Metroid can live up to the incredible standard just set by Prime 3.[/spoiler]

Weren't you the only one in this thread that didn't like prime 3?

koam

Oh, almost forgot, without spoiling or telling me exactly what to do, can someone point me to the direction i need to go to after obtaining the
screw attack?

Do I need 3
Energy Cells
on that one planet in order to progress? I seem to keep unlocking stuff and finding new "hidden zones" or whatever but still can't figure out where to go from here.

AniHawk

koam said:
Oh, almost forgot, without spoiling or telling me exactly what to do, can someone point me to the direction i need to go to after obtaining the
screw attack?

Do I need 3
Energy Cells
on that one planet in order to progress? I seem to keep unlocking stuff and finding new "hidden zones" or whatever but still can't figure out where to go from here.

You wont REALLY need the
energy cells
until the very end of the game. So if you're stuck now, check your objective and try to figure it out.

koam

AniHawk said:
You wont REALLY need the
energy cells
until the very end of the game. So if you're stuck now, check your objective and try to figure it out.

I've checked my objectives. I have two of them.

(paraphrasing)
1)
Use some zipline or something to find the galactic federation landing site on the sky planet
2)
Investigate something on that new planet

Now I did manage to find a landing site for the first objective on that planet that i needed the
screw attack
to find but i didn't get objective complete so i guess that's not it?

As for the second one, i investigated that planet and well, i think i need
3 energy cells to continue? Is that possible

Which of the two objectives should i be looking to complete first?

RagnarokX

AniHawk said:
I still think it'd be pretty cool if they turned the tables and had a "fifth" game where Samus was the one being hunted or something. It's getting pretty ridiculous with all the games they're cramming between Metroid and Metroid II
Hmmm, perhaps...
althought Hunters made Sylux out to be rather antagonistic against the Federation (he stole their prototypical armor and ship and killed a couple of marines in the intro) perhaps they have hired him to keep tabs on Samus as they have started to grow mistrustful of her motivations. They could make a Metroid V where you plays Samus being chased by Sylux or in a twist play as Sylux chasing Samus (or both).

But if the dread report in MP3 was an actual hint about the content of Metroid Dread, it will probably be a game where Samus has to infiltrate a pirate base and stop some kind of secret super metroid mutant or something. I dunno :p

AniHawk

koam said:
I've checked my objectives. I have two of them.

(paraphrasing)
1)
Use some zipline or something to find the galactic federation landing site on the sky planet
2)
Investigate something on that new planet

Now I did manage to find a landing site for the first objective on that planet that i needed the
screw attack
to find but i didn't get objective complete so i guess that's not it?

As for the second one, i investigated that planet and well, i think i need
3 energy cells to continue? Is that possible

Which of the two objectives should i be looking to complete first?

Here's some very specific help on what you need to do next. Don't highlight if you want to figure it out for yourself.

If you have the plasma beam, head to the fiery airdock on Bryyo. Melt the ice areas and head on through to the new areas.

koam

AniHawk said:
Here's some very specific help on what you need to do next. Don't highlight if you want to figure it out for yourself.

If you have the plasma beam, head to the fiery airdock on Bryyo. Melt the ice areas and head on through to the new areas.

But that's where I got the
Screw Attack
. I'm right after that.

AniHawk

koam said:
But that's where I got the
Screw Attack
. I'm right after that.

Then head to the area where you need to use the plasma beam on Skytown and use the screw attack to head upwards.

I feel like an idiot, but...

Where the FUCK in your logbook does it talk about where to find the energy cells? I've scanned a few terminals at Valhalla, but I didn't immediately check them, so now I don't know where to look.

AniHawk

BrandNew said:
I feel like an idiot, but...

Where the FUCK in your logbook does it talk about where to find the energy cells? I've scanned a few terminals at Valhalla, but I didn't immediately check them, so now I don't know where to look.

click the samus icon. then click the energy cell icon on the right

koam

TwinIonEngines said:
Screw Attack
should let you complete your objective of getting to the
other landing site on Elysia

See that's what im not understanding, I FOUND the
landing site on elysia that i needed the screw attack for, nothing happened

koam said:
See that's what im not understanding, I FOUND the
landing site on elysia that i needed the screw attack for, nothing happened

Try and remember this: Have you jumped in between two shimmering green walls to reach a higher ledge yet?

koam

OMFG I'm an idiot. I figured out why i was stuck.

I found the landing site.. but i didn't notice the little ship upgrade thing on the right! god damn what a waste of an hour

MiniDitka

Can anyone pretty pease give me some tips on defeating the purple chick(forgot here name). I got as far as when she changed into Samus, but after that it was curtains for me.

TheWolf

Banned
MiniDitka said:
Can anyone pretty pease give me some tips on defeating the purple chick(forgot here name). I got as far as when she changed into Samus, but after that it was curtains for me.

when she is in
Samus form
she can only hit things that are on the ground.

benjipwns

Banned
Please forgive this Junior for not reading all 143 pages, but I was wondering if anyone else has noticed what I interpret as homages to Firefly's camera style in the cutscenes. Especially early in the game when Samus gets blown into space (not a spoiler if it happens ten minutes in is it?) or when your ship flies in. The whole shaky zoom and focus thing that Firefly always did. How both Serenity and Samus' ship force the shot out of focus when they first come in.

Just another thing that makes me gush over this game...

Kevtones

Am I the only one who finds this game slightly challenging on Veteran? Not so much the puzzles (they're absolutely phenomenal), but the combat? I've died quite a few times.

Arde5643

MiniDitka said:
Boss spoiler help:

Spoiler that, please. Not all of GAF has played through the game.

Evlar

Banned
evilromero said:
Thanks. I don't know how I missed it. I guess we can expect some more info on Dread to trinkle out as the months go on. Here's to hoping it's a WiiWare title.
The room it was in had scans about most other major Metroid games. It specifically mentions Tallon IV, Aether, Zebes, and SR388. The place is basically a shrine to the previous releases in the Metroid series. For that reason I'm confident the "Metroid Dread" reference wasn't merely teasing: The game exists, and we'll get it sooner rather than later.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
benjipwns said:
Please forgive this Junior for not reading all 143 pages, but I was wondering if anyone else has noticed what I interpret as homages to Firefly's camera style in the cutscenes. Especially early in the game when Samus gets blown into space (not a spoiler if it happens ten minutes in is it?) or when your ship flies in. The whole shaky zoom and focus thing that Firefly always did. How both Serenity and Samus' ship force the shot out of focus when they first come in.

Just another thing that makes me gush over this game...

It's a style that was in Empire Strike's Back, and continues today with shows like Battlestar Galactica. I don't know if it's a specific homage to Firefly, but I do like it...

MiniDitka

TheWolf said:
when she is in
Samus form
she can only hit things that are on the ground.

She wont go down dammit ! Is there any specific weapon I'm supposed to be using? I've hit her with everything and she keeps coming back for more. I've got past the Samus changing part but I still cant take her down *insert angry face*

when she is in Samus form she can only hit things that are on the ground.

I beat her, but I was still hit quite a few times while she was was a morph ball. How could you avoid all of her attacks? There's no way to just float in the air. >_>
also... why did she raise those... uh... I'm not sure what they were... I'll just call them things... why did she raise those things up from the ground? What was their purpose?

edit:
She wont go down dammit ! Is there any specific weapon I'm supposed to be using? I've hit her with everything and she keeps coming back for more. I've got past the Samus changing part but I still cant take her down *insert angry face*

Use the X-ray visor when she disappears. I'm not sure if you need help with that, but it's what I had trouble with.

MiniDitka

G*d Dammit! I'm about ready to throw my F****n controller through my TV! I can't kill that purple bitch to save my life. I've hit her with everything possible and still nothing.

Jirotrom

For those who beat it with 100% this is not about the ending but about the game.
I got all 9 canisters and the "pirate data". What is it for, also I'm about to go to Phaaze and I have 96/ out of the 100 pick ups do i get the remaining 4 at phaaze?

AniHawk

MiniDitka said:
G*d Dammit! I'm about ready to throw my F****n controller through my TV! I can't kill that purple bitch to save my life. I've hit her with everything possible and still nothing.

At the end of the fight I just started firing missiles.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Jirotrom said:
For those who beat it with 100% this is not about the ending but about the game.
I got all 9 canisters and the "pirate data". What is it for, also I'm about to go to Phaaze and I have 96/ out of the 100 pick ups do i get the remaining 4 at phaaze?

Urrr, you need the pirate data to get to Phaaze, and no there are no pickups on Phaaze.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Jirotrom said:
there are no pickups in the last place.

I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game.[/I] I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game.

Penguin

MiniDitka said:

I just randomly jumped up and down at the end of the fight and used radar to quickly locate her. Also X-Ray visor helped a bit I think.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Kevtones said:
Am I the only one who finds this game slightly challenging on Veteran? Not so much the puzzles (they're absolutely phenomenal), but the combat? I've died quite a few times.

yeah, it's tough! i die at least once on every boss it seems

AniHawk

underfooter said:
I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game.[/I] I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game. I really like this game.
63rsfhl.png

Kevtones

beelzebozo said:
yeah, it's tough! i die at least once on every boss it seems

I died against the
Ice Dude
3-4 times, and probably 10-15 times overall. Crazy tough MP2 bosses aside, this is the hardest Prime yet for me. Luckily, I love the game :D

Top Bottom