• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime Federation Force rated T for Teen by ESRB: "cries of pain"

Sounds about right.

ESRB said:
Platform: Nintendo 3DS
Rating Category: T
Content Descriptors: Fantasy Violence
Other: Online Interactions Not Rated by the ESRB (Nintendo 3DS)
Rating Summary: This is a first-person shooter in which players control Federation Space Marines as they complete objectives and battle enemy forces in a fictional galaxy. Players control specialized battle “mechs” as they explore planets to recover materials/personnel, and engage in combat with aggressive alien creatures. Players use blaster-like weapons and missiles to kill various enemies (e.g., ice titans, giant insects, space pirates, droids) in frenetic battle. Creatures disintegrate in a black particle effect when defeated. Battles are highlighted by gunfire, explosions, and cries of pain.

NA August 19, 2016
JP August 25, 2016
EU September 2, 2016
AUS September 3, 2016

MPFF-Gameplay.jpg

timshundo

Man half of my beef with this game are the godawful websafe RGB colors they used for their visors. Can they get some color advice from the Splatoon team???

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
This thread will be full of hilarious jokes.

This game looks terrible.

On topic. How does Uncharted get only teen, and yet this gets teen, and Halo gets mature?

Makes no damn sense.

I'm still excited for this, don't know why people just assume this game is bad without ever playing it. Yes, it's not a new Metroid. So what, a coop shooter on the 3DS isn't a thing either.

This thread will be full of hilarious jokes.

This game looks terrible.

On topic. How does Uncharted get only teen, and yet this gets teen, and Halo gets mature?

Makes no damn sense.

I've definitely never understand why Halo get an M-rating, but that seems to have finally been rectified with Halo 5.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'm still excited for this, don't know why people just assume this game is bad without ever playing it.

Something something "not the Metroid I want" something something "Metroid is dead" something something "Insult" something something Super Paper Mario image.

I'm still excited for this, don't know why people just assume this game is bad without ever playing it. Yes, it's not a new Metroid. So what, a coop shooter on the 3DS isn't a thing either.

It's not the Metroid they wanted. Even though I have no interest in this title, I do think it'll be solid, based on Tanabe and Next Level Games.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Sometimes I wish they had scrapped the game and made a splatoon version for the 3DS..

I'll see how the videos look we will get, but for now it still looks bad

AdanVC

Metroid Prime Federation Force OT - Cries of Pain.

I don't want to be so negative towards this game but holy shit that screenshot looks like a N-Gage launch game.

Dad

I'm even more confused as to who this is being marketed towards now. I think we've ruled out children and Metroid fans so far

Between creating most FF update news threads and nearly always being around for a cheeky snide early post in numerous "worst something to do with a franchise" threads I say ElectricBlanketFire has done a fine job of advertising this game, more than Nintendo themselves.

Admit it pal, you can't wait for this shit.

Metroid Prime Federation Force OT - Cries of Pain.

I don't want to be so negative towards this game but holy shit that screenshot looks like a N-Gage launch game.

A friendly reminder that the top screen of Nintendo 3DS has the resolution of 400x240 pixels. For comparison, PSP had a 480x272 screen.

It's honestly pointless to look at the 3DS screenshots and videos on a computer monitor, especially if they were stretched and blurred to insanity.

Between creating most FF update news threads and nearly always being around for a cheeky snide early post in numerous "worst something to do with a franchise" threads I say ElectricBlanketFire has done a fine job of advertising this game, more than Nintendo themselves.

thumbs-down-ending.jpeg

ElectricBlanketFire and KingBroly are buying this on day one.

Should have been rated E10 for the way Metroid fans have been acting as of late.

haha!

Top Bottom