• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime Federation Force rated T for Teen by ESRB: "cries of pain"

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Tanabe still needs to explain why he choosed this shitty iphone game artstyle. He promised it in the last video lol

What is there to explain? It's clear as day that the vanilla 3DS just doesn't have the juice to do any better. Of course there are better looking games out there but are they 4 player online FPS titles? No.

Theres nothing wrong with the basic concept of the game but the 3DS is just a terrible fit. It's a shame that the Wii U is not a viable platform because it would have suited this game vastly more than the 3DS.

Capra

Tanabe still needs to explain why he choosed this shitty iphone game artstyle. He promised it in the last video lol

I think they've given their explanation already: The game started development as a DSi exclusive and it just never evolved to compensate for the 3DS's capabilities over the several years they were working on it. Except even then, Hunters managed to look better on original DS hardware, both technically and artistically. Seriously, just swing by the DS Games in HD thread for a look at something approximate to what this game could have looked like if they had tried:

jeE4nIX.png

vVYErZ7.png

Pandy

I think they've given their explanation already: The game started development as a DSi exclusive and it just never evolved to compensate for the 3DS's capabilities over the several years they were working on it. Except even then, Hunters managed to look better on original DS hardware, both technically and artistically. Seriously, just swing by the DS Games in HD thread for a look at something approximate to what this game could have looked like if they had tried:

I'm assuming with 4-player co-op there will be times when there are potentially a lot of enemies on screen at once to overwhelm the team. As long as the performance holds up when that happens then I think it'll be fair-play.
If it starts juddering like Pokemon in 3D though...

I will say that I'd have been happier to play something like this on the WiiU if the graphics were at least at the level of Metroid Blast. Maybe we'll get Federation Force 2 on NX if it does well.

Effect

What if the game comes out, some people take a chance on it and it actually ends up being ok.

That would be good. I don't think most people or even the majority of people want to hate this game. Super disappointed that it was the only offering and that along with everything else that E3 set people off. Many just don't believe it will be good based on what they've shown and impressions that have been put out. The problem is that even people that have played the game are in no way singing it's praises. The game has serious issues gameplay wise in addition to the art design of the game. It's also an example of how incredibly tone death Nintendo as a company are to the customers they should be appreciative to. That stuck with them, helped them at least get some success these past few years, when others left them behind and continue to do so.

What I've never understood about Nintendo is that while they've had issues expanding the Metroid customer base, that is in large part their own doing, they should know what what they could expect sales wise based on past games. They can at least get a million sales with a good Metroid Prime game that people want and they know what people want. They've admitted to knowing this. Budget for that, get the almost guaranteed success and money and then move on. We know they are willing to do this because they've done this before. They do it with the Mario franchise and it's spins offs all the time. They do it with Kirby all the time. Many of the games aren't drastically different from the last game so any claim they make about the game having to be unique are lies.

PulseONE

And this is why I'm confused, if the game looked like Hunters with a higher texture resolution it would at least be visually passable

Instead it looks like a F2P phone game, except lower resolution

Looking at screens on my NN3DS XL and the game looks fucking terrible.

MPFF-Gameplay.jpg

Both art design, and on a technical level.

I just can't reconcile the fact that a gaming system that could run Metroid Prime 1-2 with a little graphical sacrifice, is somehow getting a game that looks like this instead.

MP1-600x403.jpg

No one expects it to look like Killzone Mercenary, but common.
Im not sure Im following. You saying the NN3DS is capable of running Prime 1 and 2? When did this happen?

Top Bottom