• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS4 playthrough in japan! NOW! (SPOILERS SPOILERS)

Turk

Kotaku Coverage:
http://kotaku.com/5008810/presser-start

IGN Coverage: (!Beware, Intro Spoiler!)
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/873/873443p1.html

presser.jpg

Potential Spoilers

Round up of event since event thanks to stuburns.

stuburns said:
Game went gold last week.
Party in Tokyo today.
Guy played MGS4 for 40mins (Kojima narrated)
MGS4 includes an iPod, amongst other tasty product placement.
Website opened, includes little game and some vids.
Video of Middle East mission opening movie and first section of level.
Game looks like it's running close to, if not 60fps (just from my own impression of the video).
MGS4 promo tour happening, head to one of those cities that matter to go.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
40 minute demo of sex... mmm

Might want to edit the topic, they're mentioning spoilers TO THE EXTREME.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Non-spoiler:

MGS4 has great graphics, gameplay and music," says Tanaka. "Everything." He's talking about the power of the PS3. How they want to make more great games. Now he's talking about the special Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 console.
The game will go on sale as scheduled and there will be big advertising campaigns and tie-ups.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Kojima:

Kojima has taken the stage, saying that the game is finished. "It was a difficult game to make," he says. "It took a long time to finish." Since the game was the last in the series, the staff had to deal with that challenge. The PS3 hardware and HD game also presented challenges. Also the worldwide release.

"I thought about giving up," says Kojima. "But I had to finish it for the fans."

"Now, there is a casual boom," he says.

He's talking about taking risks, how it's important to take risks. How risks are important for the future of gaming.

"I'm not thinking of a Renaissance," he says, "but I'd like a return to gaming." Kojima has left the stage.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Kagari your willingness to wade through spoilers to bring us non-spoilers is appreciated, may the hand of Kojima bless you with the stealth bandana

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
kenta said:
Kagari your willingness to wade through spoilers to bring us non-spoilers is appreciated, may the hand of Kojima bless you with the stealth bandana

/bow

Kaz Hirai has taken the stage, congratulating Konami and Kojima on finishing the game.

Hirai says he ended up playing the game for 2 hours and he didn't even know that much time had passed. "It's one of those games that you can get wrapped up in," says Hirai.

kenta said:

I'm reading the article over at Kotaku, there aren't any spoilers.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Looks like Sony is fronting the MGS4 advertising bill.

"Konami and Sony are taking this worldwide," says Hirai. "We are backing up MGS4's advertising."

Hirai mentions the special Metal Gear PLAYSTATION 3.

XD beaten

Kojima is playing the game now for 40 minutes... damn.

DCharlie

Banned
If only it were easy to do that.

sofa + projector + screen + 7.1

it's possible, doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg either.

though my eye sight has gone down the shitter after 5 years of it.

Yoboman

Oh! The English trailer, complete with MOVIE TRAILER GUY VOICE. Hey, this is pretty neat.

It's like a mega blockbuster movie trailer, complete with MOVIE VOICE GUY saying "This Summer"...

lol cool

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Vaxadrin said:
Having someone else play Metal Gear on a theatre screen is how I wish I experienced the other 3 games.
:lol Some people are just desperate.

I can feel the hype building, the next 30 days are gonna be awesome.

kuYuri

At the end, Kojima better go "Did you rike it?" with a "!" sound effect right after. That would be awesome.

Top Bottom