• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS4 playthrough in japan! NOW! (SPOILERS SPOILERS)

Pistolero

I read artcile from french magazines where journalists kept insisting that the game was technically good but nothing amazing. Shame on them...

SamuraiX-

RECOMMENDED TECHNIQUE FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO WATCH THE TRAILER BUT NOT BE SPOILED

Don't watch it. Well, to be more specific, let the video load on GameVideos, then scroll down the page and play it and ONLY listen to the audio. I haven't watched it and I'm telling you it's a complete and total mind-fuck JUST hearing the audio and not allowing yourself to look.

This is only for those who don't wish to be spoiled visually, not through sound. :D

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Barakov said:
It's quite possible those are just
suits
or something of the like they wear.

This, I think.

They've been fitted into those "suits" to some degree of interaction due to Battlefield trauma turning them unstable. There are still human bodies inside the suits...again...I think.

She was clearly not 100% human in that video

Cyborg, maybe? It is the future, after all.....

Pistolero

Yep. Man, those guys are, for a reason I can't comprehend, very harsh on anything PS3 related. Anyway, wrong time, wrong place. I just feel sorry for anyone who keeps bullshitting himself. Enjoy every great looking, sounding and playing game for god's sake ! :D

aries_71

Pistolero said:
I read artcile from french magazines where journalists kept insisting that the game was technically good but nothing amazing. Shame on them...

Yes... but imagine just for a second that the journalists were right. What would happen then?

Metroidvania

Kagari said:
Why even doubt Kojima's work?

Someone's gonna find faults. Yahtzee, eventually, will probably be one, albeit humorous and hopefully not as fanboy wrath-inciting as the SSBB review.

There'll be more

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Metroidvania said:
Someone's gonna find faults. Yahtzee, eventually, will probably be one, albeit humorous and hopefully not as fanboy wrath-inciting as the SSBB review.

There'll be more

No doubt.

grandyu

not a big fan of the movie guy voice... never did on any occasion. just sounds like a big joke when that voice comes on

why is it that the western film industry insists on using that guy?

that aside: wowww, can't wait

grandyu said:
not a big fan of the movie guy voice... never did on any occasion. just sounds like a big joke when that voice comes on

Maybe its because he gets laid whenever he opens his mouth, and he doesn't have to sing!

metal-gear-solid-4-event-story-20080512085126597.jpg

metal-gear-solid-4-event-story-20080512054608559.jpg

metal-gear-solid-4-event-story-20080512085124894.jpg

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/714/714044/imgs_2.html

the_id

How long is this game? The demo they just played for 40mins (according to IGN) was 1/12.5 of the game. That gives an approximate gameplay of 8hrs! Fuck no!!!

the_id said:
How long is this game? The demo they just played for 40mins (according to IGN) was 1/12.5 of the game. That gives an approximate gameplay of 8hrs! Fuck no!!!

29 hours according to the OPM review.

Metroidvania

the_id said:

Shane had something like what, a 20-ish hour rush to the finish?

Wollan

the_id said:
The first review published said 29hours 6min on first playthrough.

hirokazu

SamuraiX- said:
RECOMMENDED TECHNIQUE FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO WATCH THE TRAILER BUT NOT BE SPOILED

Don't watch it. Well, to be more specific, let the video load on GameVideos, then scroll down the page and play it and ONLY listen to the audio. I haven't watched it and I'm telling you it's a complete and total mind-fuck JUST hearing the audio and not allowing yourself to look.

This is only for those who don't wish to be spoiled visually, not through sound. :D
Well duh! Letting yourself hear the audio without seeing the video is just self-torture. Who can withstand such temptation?

VaLiancY

It drove me crazy since I was watching the trailer, I wanted to know who was that
Beauty and the Beast member
and I found out by looking at the actress who was modeled after her and its
Crying Wolf
Lyndall Jarvis is the actress name by the way.

But seriously, it's 4:30 EST. I'm going to bed.

grandyu said:

that aside: wowww, can't wait

its true that everything he spews is 100% pure corn, but it kind of compliments liquids corny lines too....

damn this looks ridiculous

Awntawn

SamuraiX- said:

That's like saying, to not get AIDS, do everything but put it in. 3;

SamuraiX-

Awntawn said:
That's like saying, to not get AIDS, do everything but put it in. 3;

It works, man. I'm telling you. lol

Have you watched it already? It would be awesome if someone could just get an audio-rip of the trailer and then we could share it with anyone who wants to just be mind-fucked rather than spoiled, because I heard the trailer has decent spoilers.

jeez some of you sound like you'd poke your eyes with a hot iron than watch a single second of the theatrical trailer.......overreact much??? there really isnt much spoiler there if you have been watching all the previous TGS/E3 trailers. In fact, i guarantee you that you will get hyped 10x than before if you watch the trailer....thats what it did for me anyways

Metroidvania

lybertyboy said:
Got the opening movie captured. Should have it ready in about 20 minutes.

Oh shit. Opening movie as in....actual?

I don't really mind spoilers, but do I wanna go that far?.....

Metroidvania said:
Oh shit. Opening movie as in....actual?

I don't really mind spoilers, but do I wanna go that far?.....

I watched it. It's not too different from what we've seen in trailers. It has more detailed now though which is nice.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
SolidSnakex said:
I watched it. It's not too different from what we've seen in trailers. It has more detailed now though which is nice.

Yeah, if you watched the trailer, this is nothing.

You don't even want to know what I had to do get this.

Metroidvania

lybertyboy said:
Yeah, if you watched the trailer, this is nothing.

You don't even want to know what I had to do get this.

I appreciate it, for what it's worth.

I'd buy the one on the right. Maybe two....but who is that on the lower right hand corner?
Sunny?

Top Bottom