• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS4 review - Swedish LEVEL #26 (NO SPOILERS!)

industrian said:
That is in all probability a fake, but i just ordered the MGS4 soundtrack from Play-Asia anyways.

I know own every MGS soundtrack. ^_^

Well when you do get it can you confirm whether or not the main theme (the true theme from the start of MGS2) is in the game or not. I doubt it since they are still afraid of the Russian dude but still it will be nice to know.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Action Simo said:
Metal_gear_1-v08-2.jpg
Who's that on cover-art!!??

Kuroyume

Banned
So MGS4 is better/deeper than...

Halo
Gears
Splinter Cell
Project Gotham Racing
Ninja Gaiden
DOA
Scene It
All 360 exclusives
Terminator 2
Godfather 1 and 2
The Bible
Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Paradise Lost
Pulp Fiction
Forest Gump
Catcher in the Rye

Got it :p

Lakitu

st5fu
Kuroyume said:

Halo
Gears
Splinter Cell
Project Gotham Racing
Ninja Gaiden
DOA
Scene It
All 360 exclusives
Terminator 2
Godfather 1 and 2
The Bible
Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Paradise Lost
Pulp Fiction
Forest Gump
Catcher in the Rye

For sure.

ibu

Kuroyume said:

Halo
Gears
Splinter Cell
Project Gotham Racing
Ninja Gaiden
DOA
Scene It
All 360 exclusives
Terminator 2
Godfather 1 and 2
The Bible
Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Paradise Lost
Pulp Fiction
Forest Gump
Catcher in the Rye

The Bible.... definately have you read the ending
It is bloomin awful (to put bluntly crap), and a man walking on water, Jesus is so lazy not getting off the cross till he "dies" then he makes an awful pantomime-esque comeback... pfff MGS4s plot of dominating genes is more realistic!!!

[HP]

MiamiWesker said:
Has that Russian dude ever done anything, ever threaten Konami, does he even know about this. I think its all Kojima covering his ass.

Nope, that russian composer never sewed Kojima or anything. Just some random russian journalists shown that track to kojima once.

You know how red's can be patriots! xD

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
MiamiWesker said:
Well when you do get it can you confirm whether or not the main theme (the true theme from the start of MGS2) is in the game or not. I doubt it since they are still afraid of the Russian dude but still it will be nice to know.

Was there any lawsuit or anything? If not, why'd Kojima be afraid? The MGS tune was made by TAPPY, and he ripped off the theme tune from the movie Speed.

Anyways, it should ship within 24 hours and I should get it by next Friday at the very latest.

I'm lucky the tracklist has no serious "implications" of what happens in the game itself. I remember reading the tracklist from one of the MGS2 soundtracks and I thought that Otacon died in MGS2 because one of the tracks was called "Memories of Hal." :lol

Dever

Banned
borsdy said:
hay guyz

Is MGO going to be sold separately? What is this "starter pack" shenanigens?

No, it comes on the same disc as MGS4. I think the "starter pack" nonsense began because at first, even Konami wasn't sure what to do with it. But yeah, it's basically the online MP component of MGS4. "Starter pack" doesn't mean anything other than that it will receive downloadable maps and other stuff later.

[HP] said:
Nope, that russian composer never sewed Kojima or anything. Just some random russian journalists shown that track to kojima once.

You know how red's can be patriots! xD

Stupid russian journalists, they scared Kojima for life. To think if Kojima never showed up to that interview we would still have the main theme in the game and in the trailers.

Lakitu

st5fu
MiamiWesker said:
Stupid russian journalists, they scared Kojima for life. To think if Kojima never showed up to that interview we would still have the main theme in the game and in the trailers.

They need a swift kick in the nuts

Kinan

Any ideas if MGS4 sold in Germany will have English voices and text or will it be shitty translated? I got scared when heard that Kojima doesnt have enough place for many languages on the disk, should I order from UK?

LE is not available on amazon.de. That was fast.

Doc Evils

Kinan said:
Any ideas if MGS4 sold in Germany will have English voices and text or will it be shitty translated? I got scared when heard that Kojima doesnt have enough place for many languages on the disk, should I order from UK?

LE is not available on amazon.de. That was fast.

You can only the the standard edition from the UK.

Darkpen

Banned
ibu said:
It is bloomin awful (to put bluntly crap), and a man walking on water, Jesus is so lazy not getting off the cross till he "dies" then he makes an awful pantomime-esque comeback... pfff MGS4s plot of dominating genes is more realistic!!!
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

ibu said:

well....well...da bible said so!!!

duh, jesus used nanotechnology developed by an ancient race of aliens who created the lost city of el dorado

Darkpen

Banned
nelsonroyale said:
well....well...da bible said so!!!

duh, jesus used nanotechnology developed by an ancient race of aliens who created the lost city of el dorado
Nuh-uh! Jesus used a magical orb that creates illusions, and that's the truth behind how he walked across water and turned water to wine. Don't you know, MGS4 reveals that Snake's part of the Assassin clan, he wears a cloak and everything!

D:

Kuroyume said:

Halo
Gears
Splinter Cell
Project Gotham Racing
Ninja Gaiden
DOA
Scene It
All 360 exclusives
Terminator 2
Godfather 1 and 2
The Bible
Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Paradise Lost
Pulp Fiction
Forest Gump
Catcher in the Rye

You forgot ocean and the universe.

Superfrog

SolidSnakex said:
According to a quick Google search, they gave GTA4 a 10/10. Saying they couldn't give it an 11. So there's something strange there since the MGS4 review uses a 1-100 scale and not a 1-10 scale.
They definitely use the 1-100 scale and GTA4 got a 96 out of 100.

Kinan said:
As far as I know, there will be only one PAL version for Europe, with English voices and multi-language text (EFIGS).

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Sykra said:
They gave the same score to GTA4 i think. (Games Aktuell)

Seems a few of the reviews have been doing that, giving it a huge score either equal with GTA or lower, never above it.......... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...... money.....h..a..t..s.... :D

Doc Evils said:
Hobby Consolas a Spanish magazine has given MGS4 9.6/10. same as GTAIV.

Apparently this reviewer cried too.

I'll probably cry if Snake dies. Definitely going to make a point to play the game alone.

Kuroyume said:

Halo
Gears
Splinter Cell
Project Gotham Racing
Ninja Gaiden
DOA
Scene It
All 360 exclusives

Terminator 2
Godfather 1 and 2
The Bible
Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Paradise Lost
Pulp Fiction
Forest Gump
Catcher in the Rye

Probably deeper then these :lol

EGM had a non review cause they wanted to be able to talk about the whole game before reviewing it, for now they can only comment on the first act. I wrote this up in the EGM thread:

For their non-MGS4 review here is basically what each reviewer says:

Jeremy:

- MGS4 represents the truest expression of the "Metal Gear" concept the world will ever see.
- Bittersweet that the series is over but at least it goes out in style.
- Controls a welcome addtion but he wishes for a cover system.
- Different approach to the game you dont have to be stealthy if you dont want to, infact many big firefights dont allow for stealth.
- Environments larger than MGS3
- You will find out what "La-li-lu-le-lo" means.
- Usually played stealthly in MGS games but killing people is so effective in this game that he got a high kill count.
- Having Drebin on call for ammo makes resource management less of an issue, also offers ridiculous number of possible weapon choices. But best to trick out a few favorites.

Andrew:

- New camera is a relief.
- Didn't mind the lack of dedicated cover system, to busy rushing into battle and getting Drebin points
- Game really encourages run and gun approach, but you can still play both ways.
- New gear and systems like octo camo and MK2 are great.

Matt:

- Played game on easy and hardest mode. On easy you can run around and not fear anything.
- On harder modes he really found the need for cover, wished the expanded the wall hug system they have.
- Other than that new control scheme does a great job, but does not feel it matches those of Splinter Cell.

Shane:

- Loved Act 1's unpredictable pacing, it ditches the usual hand holding tutorial.
- "The game contsnatly toys with your expectations right before exceeding them"
- Commends MGS4 "shockingly well-realized environments"
- "As always, Kojima productions dedication to stuffing the game with oddles of minutiae elevates the artistry to a level rarely reached in gaming."

Shane loved it a lot clearly.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Its fucked that the LE are actually LIMITED :( im gonna go scouring on launch her in Aus cause supposedly the LE will be about 150 to 200 bucks, might grab 2 if i can find them, fingers crossed, if not then the standard edition and Ebay and imports.

Doc Evils

I hope the official MGS4 thread will be titled something like 'the Official MGS4 thread of manbabies & product placement":lol

Top Bottom