• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS4 review - Swedish LEVEL #26 (NO SPOILERS!)

Johnas

greatestjediever said:
I don't really put aside much time for games anymore (last game I finished was LO, which took me ages - and that was with me interested in the game). Hell I played GTAIV for about 3 hours before I stopped. But MGS4 has got me feeling all antsy again like a college student. This is going to be epic.

Yeah, it's kind of weird, up until recently my hype had sort of died down (got tired of waiting I guess). But now that it's this close, and after those comments in particular, it shot back up.

This'll actually be the first new game I buy in '08, if I don't count the Essential Collection (since I already own those three games).

brandonh83 said:
This game comes out in 16 days WTF

WTF

161gwvq.gif

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
brandonh83 said:

WTF
I know :D

Everything's coming together. LE preordered. Saga 2.0 disc shelved. I've even converted my gangsta friends in my new city to Metal Gear fanboys so they understand the holy relevance of what I'm about to be playing. :lol

[HP]

You guys are making me even more hyped than I already am.. fuckers!

I'm outa here, see you in 16 dayzzzzz!!!

BocoDragon said:
I know :D

Everything's coming together. LE preordered. Saga 2.0 disc shelved. I've even converted my gangsta friends in my new city to Metal Gear fanboys so they understand the holy relevance of what I'm about to be playing. :lol

Hell I got a job at Cracker Barrel yesterday just so I can pay off the rest of my preorder :lol

I was getting worried that I'd have to trade in my PSP to pay it off-- which I would have done, no questions asked.

Fady K

brandonh83 said:

WTF

I KNOW. JUST OVER 2 WEEKS I CANT BELIEVE IT....Did you read this??? Just read the bolded stuff!

metalgearsolid.org said:
-They describe the gameplay as being perfect. It plays very refined and extremely nice.
-The combination of a wide gameplay, brilliant AI and fantastic design leads to previously unknown brilliant highlights. They consist of 'old school' situations were you go through bases and small corridors and options that get offered by the new generation (battlefields).
-The review describes the graphics as the best ones he ever saw in game. Not just about the detail in the models, but the total package of facial expressions and animations, enviroments and the number of details that every other game of this generation should be jealous about.-MGS4 is much more then a game, more then just finishing levels. It's an experience, a closure of a legendary epos, one with about 50% of great cutscenes, very strong dialogue and not to forget: emotion. Maybe I'll create a better view of this when I say that after 3 days of playing I looked behind and I saw grown-up men really crying during the credits. Normally I would call them crazy, but this time I respected it, cause even this machoman was sad after finishing the storyline that had me in it's power for so long.
-Exacly for that reason Kojima deserves credit. The way the story is told, the way the plot takes a few last, very special turns; the way in which the trusted characters did their last trick; the way the motives finally fell into place and on top of this all: the tragic hero that finally takes care of his ultimate destiny.-The way the gameplay is combined with the storytelling raises this game way above each other media experience. This is so much deeper then and experience through books or movies, so much deeper then other games. This is the true power of Metal Gear Solid: Guns Of The Patriots.

This is so much deeper then and experience through books or movies, so much deeper then other games. This is the true power of Metal Gear Solid: Guns Of The Patriots.

This is so much deeper then and experience through books or movies, so much deeper then other games. This is the true power of Metal Gear Solid: Guns Of The Patriots.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
anonnumber6 said:
http://images.play.com/covers/3432736x.jpg[IMG]

Best Figurine Ever.

Too bad it's £130/$260:lol[/QUOTE]
Another pic of the MGS figures:
[IMG]http://i31.tinypic.com/2w2gfv9.jpg
5nvtx2.jpg

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
SolidSnakex said:
Which really doesn't mean anything. The general feeling among fans is that MGS3 is currently the best in the series.
Umm, that's not true. I guess it's true for most GAF, but in reality, no, not even close!!

SRG01 said:
MGS3 > MGS2 on voice acting alone.
Umm? laughing my effing ass off!!! David Hayter sounded WORSE in MGS3 compared to MGS2, don't even get me started on the Boss.

DrBo42 said:
I completely disagree. MGS3's story was cheesy and lame to me and those bosses were sub par at best.
AGREED! The story was beyond cheesy, and predictable as hell. I was really bored half the time. Thank god for the new and improved gameplay!!!

ymmv

Banned
Simo said:
Given a thread about a EU review this seems fitting to be posted. EU Limited Edition:
Metal_gear_1-v08-2.jpg

Metal_gear_2-v03-2.jpg

Damn, I thought the LE was too expensive for what it offered so I preordered the regular edition. But after seeing this my knees buckled and I caved in. I have pre-ordered the LE at Amazon.de now. The sad thing is I don't trust Amazon.de completely, who knows if they get enough copies of the LE? So I've got both the regular and LE pre-ordered now, just to be sure.

SRG01

ilanna said:
Umm? laughing my effing ass off!!! David Hayter sounded WORSE in MGS3 compared to MGS2, don't even get me started on the Boss.

EVA, Ocelot, Paramedic, Sigint, Major Zero, Volgin, etc are all excellent.

I have a feeling that Chrono Trigger will only be my favorite game ever for 16 more days now. Kinda makes me sad.

Borat: NOT

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Jtrizzy said:
My vote goes for 3, which I'm replaying right now. I'm going to try and get through 1 and 2 before the 12th so I guess my opinion could change, as it's been a while since I've played them. I remember thinking the plot was convoluted in 2, and one is great of course.
Yeah that's one of the lamest excuses for not liking MGS2, you know I played MGS2 when I was just around 14 years old and I understood EVERYTHING perfectly fine! I didn't find it convoluted at all. But gamers these days have an attention span of a little birdie so I can understand why they like throwing around the word *convoluted* every now and then!

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
SRG01 said:
EVA, Ocelot, Paramedic, Sigint, Major Zero, Volgin, etc are all excellent.
Ah yeah EVA, Ocelot, Major Zero and Volgin were great. But the rest of them were aweful, even Sigint.

Besides John Cygan(Solidus) >>>>>>>>>>>>> EVERYONE IN MGS3!! :lol

:p

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
brandonh83 said:
WHAT THE FUCK

WHERE DID THIS COME FROM

ok I need to do that counting to 5 thing that Jack taught Kate on Lost. because if I don't I will construct a nuclear bomb in my pants. today.

:lol

Euphor!a said:
That version of the theme is amazing, Are you sure it is from the MGS4 OST and not just some fanmade track?

It seems like it'd be from MGS4. It matches the style of the rest of the songs we've heard.

I won't listen to the rest of the OST until I finish the game. I just wanted to make sure that the theme would make it.

Lince

Banned
ok my hype is through the roof now after reading that the graphics look 3 times better than those of MGO (textures, filters, particle effects, etc) but with a locked and smooth frame rate.

Orlics

I am also of the opinion that MGS2 is Kojima's magnum opus. MGS3 had flaws and it retconned quite a few details, and MPO was pretty bad, so MGS4 will have no problem besting those games. Whether it will be as compelling an experience as MGS2 remains to be seen.

Simo

SolidSnakex said:
It seems like it'd be from MGS4. It matches the style of the rest of the songs we've heard.

I won't listen to the rest of the OST until I finish the game. I just wanted to make sure that the theme would make it.

That and the OST is available now as well so it could be legit. I just wonder how it'd be incorporated into the game. :D

Mets39

brandonh83 said:
I have a feeling that Chrono Trigger will only be my favorite game ever for 16 more days now. Kinda makes me sad.

Borat: NOT

Hey man, i can't wait to see what you are cooking up for the Official Thread! Since you made one of the Best banner ever :D :

66tl2r9.jpg

I really like it don't get me wrong....but it doesn't seem to be the same as as mgs1/mgs2's theme....more of a remix of the beginning of mgs3's

Still top notch though!

Wow that track is amazing!

BTW that is still not the main theme, that is the theme used in MGS3. Personally I think its better than the one in MGS2 especially for action. For slow emotional parts I still prefer the main theme.

Mets39 said:
Hey man, i can't wait to see what you are cooking up for the Official Thread! Since you made one of the Best banner ever :D :

66tl2r9.jpg

I'm not doing the official thread anymore, but I did make a banner while I was working on it. Here's a work in progress:

2w49n2e.jpg

As you can see it's definitely in the same style as my TGS banner I did a year or two back.

Top Bottom