• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS4 review - Swedish LEVEL #26 (NO SPOILERS!)

le.phat

Dante said:
2525500339_d01ce23bb5_b.jpg

New?

gorgeous!!

Mets39

Awesome:D You're not making it, but at least you have a great contribution!
Who's making it now ? EvilOre ? BruceLeeRoy ?

Mets39 said:
Awesome:D You're not making it, but at least you have a great contribution!
Who's making it now ? EvilOre ? BruceLeeRoy ?

Bruce is. He's not using my banner though. I've seen his, however, and it's really good. The thread is in great hands.

Mets39

brandonh83 said:
Bruce is. He's not using my banner though. I've seen his, however, and it's really good. The thread is in great hands.

Good to know! I have faith in Bruce (i have seen many of his artworks)

MollyMillions

Neo Member
Sorry to disappoint, but while that is definitely a track from the MGS4 soundtrack it's a new arrangement of the MGS3 theme (that Gregson-Williams wrote specifically for that game), which is quite distinct from the classic MGS theme from MGS 1 and 2, made famous by the incredible E3 2000 trailer. You can also hear the theme as it was arranged for the opening credits of MGS2. Clearly not the same as this, which is the basis of this new track.

I'm still holding out hope that the original theme is still in the game...I worry that Gregson-Williams, as great as he is, may think that his new theme has replaced the irreplaceable classic theme, as it's structured quite similarly. Composers often don't like to use themes originally written by other people, instead they tend to rewrite them in their own image.

SamuraiX-

Is that MGS4 theme seriously legit? It sounds way too awesome to be fake. It sounds very similar to the MGS3 theme, but in a remix format and from 2:40 to the end of the song, it fits so perfectly with the theme/atmosphere/feeling that MGS4 is trying to give off... How exactly did it end up on YouTube already though? :O

Lakitu

st5fu
SamuraiX- said:
Is that MGS4 theme seriously legit? It sounds way too awesome to be fake. It sounds very similar to the MGS3 theme, but in a remix format and from 2:40 to the end of the song, it fits so perfectly with the theme/atmosphere/feeling that MGS4 is trying to give off... How exactly did it end up on YouTube already though? :O

The soundtrack is out in Japan now I think.

In a GamePro interview with Ken and Ryan, they mentioned that there are 77 weapons in the game. All of which appear to be customizable.

Mromson

Lakitu said:
The soundtrack is out in Japan now I think.
It's Wednesday 28th, 5am in Japan. The Soundtrack is out if any store selling was open at midnight. And in either case, how this release wasn't leaked on the web a week ago is beyond me.

Lakitu

st5fu
Mromson said:
It's Wednesday 28th, 5am in Japan. The Soundtrack is out if any store selling was open at midnight. And in either case, how this release wasn't leaked on the web a week ago is beyond me.

Kojima Ninjas.

Tom Penny

SolidSnakex said:
In a GamePro interview with Ken and Ryan, they mentioned that there are 77 weapons in the game. All of which appear to be customizable.

77 weapons not including upgrades? That's unheard of. I don't believe it but hope it's true :D

Mromson

Doc Evils said:
I hope Kojima patches the game so we get Youtube uploading support.
I doubt that will happen. As far as I know, MGS4 uses the all the PS3 cores, need to free one up for YouTube support. Haven't heard of any Video Camera in MGS4 - yet.

Though it should be safe to assume that a Photo camera will be available, as usual. :D

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
SolidSnakex said:
Customizable a la MGO?

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Nice! This game already seems like a monster when you want to complete everything. Minimum of 5 playtroughs for sure! :D

Superfrog

Mromson said:
So this puts the MGS4 reviews at Five?

PlayStation Official Magazine (UK): 10/10
PlayStation Official Magazine (US): 10/10
PlayStation Official Magazine (Italy): 10/10
PlayStation Official Magazine (Dutch): 9.6/10
LEVEL (Sweden): 10/10
MAN!AC (Germany): 94%
Games Aktuell (Germany): 92%

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Fuck, I got the LE on pre-order but was gonna skip it since I don't normally care for that kind of stuff, and buy the MGS4+PS3-bundle instead since I don't own a PS3. Now I don't know what to do. That LE looked a lot better than I thought it would.

Euphor!a

Banned
According to the LE feature list it says it includes the Japanese Import OST, I don't see why it wouldn't be the complete Japanese OST.

Ceb

neojubei said:
By any chance can we take in game photos? I liked that feature in MGS2.

Pretty sure a preview confirmed this. I even think there's supposed to be hidden photo ops that give you bonus DP.

Sykra said:
They gave the same score to GTA4 i think. (Games Aktuell)

According to a quick Google search, they gave GTA4 a 10/10. Saying they couldn't give it an 11. So there's something strange there since the MGS4 review uses a 1-100 scale and not a 1-10 scale.

Ledsen

Fady K said:
This is so much deeper then and experience through books or movies, so much deeper then other games. This is the true power of Metal Gear Solid: Guns Of The Patriots.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

They can't be serious.

Top Bottom