• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS4 review - Swedish LEVEL #26 (NO SPOILERS!)

Tideas

Banned
BeeDog said:
Nah, you know how it is, reviewers always have a tendency to inflate the time it takes to finish a game. I believe the number I posted came from TTP, and he's more reliable than some other money-grubbing reviewer. :p

but TTP is a money-grubbing reviewer, lol :lol

BeeDog said:
Nah, you know how it is, reviewers always have a tendency to inflate the time it takes to finish a game. I believe the number I posted came from TTP, and he's more reliable than some other money-grubbing reviewer. :p

Wasn't TTP at that Konami camp though? Which means he wouldn't be playing it under normal conditions.

BeeDog

SolidSnakex said:
Wasn't TTP at that Konami camp though? Which means he wouldn't be playing it under normal conditions.

Aaaaaanyways, regardless of the circumstances, there's more than enough game in here to satisfy most peeps.

When was the last time we played an action game that lasted over 20 hours? This game is gonna shit all over other developers efforts when it comes to length, variety and quality.

Tom Penny

-MGS4 is much more then a game, more then just finishing levels. It's an experience, a closure of a legendary epos, one with about 50% of great cutscenes, very strong dialogue and not to forget: emotion. Maybe I'll create a better view of this when I say that after 3 days of playing I looked behind and I saw grown-up men really crying during the credits. Normally I would call them crazy, but this time I respected it, cause even this machoman was sad after finishing the storyline that had me in it's power for so long.

I thought the game had 20 or so hours of gameplay?

Solo

Green Shinobi hates MGS2? Wow, the list of things he loves/I hate and the list of things I love/he hates is growing by the day!

[HP]

Tom Penny said:
I thought the game had 20 or so hours of gameplay?

that's how long MGS3 took me to finish!

Finished it yesterday btw, I borrowed a PS2 just to play it, and be prepared for MGS4!
Gonna buy a PS3 next week

BeeDog

[HP] said:
that's how long MGS3 took me to finish!

Finished it yesterday btw, I borrowed a PS2 just to play it, and be prepared for MGS4!
Gonna buy a PS3 next week

Nuh uh, you ain't buying it until you finish your Crysis map! It's the second time I'm mentioning this, but my point needs to be emphasized over and over again. :p

BlockBastard said:
When was the last time we played an action game that lasted over 20 hours? This game is gonna shit all over other developers efforts when it comes to length, variety and quality.

Variety would be the main thing. There are too many games nowadays that have very little variety and it's the main reason why people don't finish a game. They just end up getting bored of having to do the samething again and again and move onto the next game.

Simo

Given a thread about a EU review this seems fitting to be posted. EU Limited Edition:
Metal_gear_1-v08-2.jpg

Metal_gear_2-v03-2.jpg

Doc Evils

Simo said:
Given a thread about a EU review this seems fitting to be posted. EU Limited Edition:
Metal_gear_1-v08-2.jpg

Metal_gear_2-v03-2.jpg

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

It's probably going to take me more than 30 hours. I'm obsessive with trying as many tricks with the gear as possible, and listening to as many optional codec conversations as possible.

Yoboman

SolidSnakex said:
Weren't they all racing eachother to be the first to finish?

Simo said:
Metal_gear_1-v08-2.jpg

Metal_gear_2-v03-2.jpg

How much does the UK LE cost again? I'm considering swallowing my pride and asking my dad if he can pick this up for me and just bring it with him the next time he decides to visit.

shit is hot.

Mromson

Crap crap CRAP Spaceworld (Store with the Norwegian Exclusive MGS4 Bundle) is sold out :(

Speaking of which, the Norwegian MGS4 LE price is $149.85 XD

Johnas

Those review comments that Ceb posted are awesome.

Man I can't wait for this game, a little more than two weeks now!

I can guarantee that I will take my sweet time playing through MGS4. I have done that with other big games, and compared to others' impressions it nearly always seems like the people that rush through end up being less satisfied, on average, with those who don't.

Yoboman said:
Weren't they all racing eachother to be the first to finish?

It seemed like some were from what people were saying about it. Shane said he was ahead near the end of the first day but the guy that ended up beating it first kept playing after they took a break.

KZObsessed

That does look awesome, very classy. I think the artwork on the disc case is different, tho it's very hard to see :p

I really hope that comes in a metal case, I still think it is too expensive at £80 when you can buy a Snake figure for £10, but I'm sure as hell not canceling my pre-order. :D

Rainy Dog

I've currently got a cool £475 ($950) worth of preorders for this game. £35 for the regular game, £75 for Ltd. Edition, £35 for the headset and £330 on the Ltd. Gun Metal PS3. *shakes head at oneself*

Hmm...I really need to be canceling at least one of those don't I? Does anyone know whether the Gun-Metal pack comes with the Ltd. Edition version of the game?

Scotch

Mromson said:
So this puts the MGS4 reviews at Five?

PlayStation Official Magazine (UK): 10/10
PlayStation Official Magazine (US): 10/10
PlayStation Official Magazine (Italy): 10/10
PlayStation Official Magazine (Dutch): 9.6/10
LEVEL (Sweden): 10/10
perfect10.gif

Rainy Dog said:
I've currently got a cool £475 ($950) worth of preorders for this game. £35 for the regular game, £75 for Ltd. Edition, £35 for the headset and £330 on the Ltd. Gun Metal PS3. *shakes head at oneself*

Hmm...I really need to be canceling at least one of those don't I? Does anyone know whether the Gun-Metal pack comes with the Ltd. Edition version of the game?

I know the LE comes with the Gunmetal PS3 in the US, not sure about Europe, though.

Johnas said:
Those review comments that Ceb posted are awesome.

Man I can't wait for this game, a little more than two weeks now!

I don't really put aside much time for games anymore (last game I finished was LO, which took me ages - and that was with me interested in the game). Hell I played GTAIV for about 3 hours before I stopped. But MGS4 has got me feeling all antsy again like a college student. This is going to be epic.

So where can I pre-order the LE?
gameplay.co.uk - NO
game.co.uk - NO
amazon.de/co.uk - NO
spielegrotte.de - NO

play.com - YES, but can't order?!

please halp.

hey, wait:
(Play.com UK Exclusive)
Important Note! We can only ship this product to United Kingdom addresses. We apologise for any inconvenience. All prices include UK VAT and delivery.
So which shop to go in Germany/Austria/France whatever!?

Doc Evils

Phantast2k said:
gameplay.co.uk - NO
game.co.uk - NO
amazon.de/co.uk - NO
spielegrotte.de - NO

please halp.

In the UK the LE is Play.com exclusive. They had some extra allocations this morning, but it looks like people grabbed them up and sold out.

KZObsessed

Phantast2k said:
gameplay.co.uk - NO
game.co.uk - NO
amazon.de/co.uk - NO
spielegrotte.de - NO

please halp.

hey, wait:

In the UK Play.com has exclusive rights to the Limited Edition, and it sold out last week sorry :S

edit: beaten.

Mets39

Phantast2k said:
gameplay.co.uk - NO
game.co.uk - NO
amazon.de/co.uk - NO
spielegrotte.de - NO

please halp.

hey, wait:

The LE is Play.com exclusive in UK IIRC
Sorry

Fake edit: Beaten, and badly :lol

[HP]

BeeDog said:
Nuh uh, you ain't buying it until you finish your Crysis map! It's the second time I'm mentioning this, but my point needs to be emphasized over and over again. :p

ah ah ! :lol

Actually, I finished it already! :p
Just giving it the final touches, letting a handful of beta testers go through it, and bug fixing! :D

it will be available to download on June's 16! ;)

Thanks man

Top Bottom