• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV: Ground Zeroes achievements LEAKED! (SPOILER ALERT)

Cassen

Neo Member
I'm going to take a guess that the "Obtain All XOF Unit Patches" task will involve looking for the patches in hidden locations within Camp Omega rather than on enemy personnel. In the Ground Zeros trailer, Skull Face orders the XOF troops to remove their patches while in the helicopter and has one unit member scatter the collected patches into the wind right above Camp Omega. The achievement could just involve looking for the patches that have scattered across the base, kinda like when you had to look for the little frog guys in MGS3.

Zemm

This is basically an unofficial kickstarter, I would not be surprised at all if work on The Phantom Pain hasn't actually started yet or is extremely early and needing more funding.

MGS releases should be an EVENT. Like one of the biggest releases of the year, but this is so far from that it's unreal. Can't believe how much they have messed this up.

This is basically an unofficial kickstarter, I would not be surprised at all if work on The Phantom Pain hasn't actually started yet or is extremely early and needing more funding.

MGS releases should be an EVENT. Like one of the biggest releases of the year, but this is so far from that it's unreal. Can't believe how much they have messed this up.

I want a date for MGS5 by E3. Release it 11/11/14. A nice date.

fbgamer

Banned
I'm putting money on late 2015 or spring of 2016.

I'm also putting money on it being even more disappointing than MGS4.

Betty

Banned
I'm putting money on late 2015 or spring of 2016.

I'm also putting money on it being even more disappointing than MGS4.

Like MGS3, it won't even come close to the same level of hype as it's predecessor, so it can't be as disappointing as 4 was to some.

... though I suppose it could still end up being a disappointment all the same.

O3k5rb5.png

We need to keep reasonable expectations.

He is. His ladder was in reference to both sides. Why you felt the need to tell a dude who's telling both sides to chill to be "reasonable" is beyond me.

SJRB

Gold Member

Konami has stated that the release date of Phantom Pain depends on Ground Zeroes' performance. Make of that what you will.

Alienous

He is. His ladder was in reference to both sides. Why you felt the need to tell a dude who's telling both sides to chill to be "reasonable" is beyond me.

Because he's on the other side of the spectrum. Massive, massive enthusiam. In contrast to the pessimism. I'm saying that we should all have reasonable expectations for Ground Zeroes.

Konami has stated that the release date of Phantom Pain depends on Ground Zeroes' performance. Make of that what you will.

If it bombs they won't do it again, and we'll still get the Phantom Pain.

RPGCrazied

They have already said the physical copies would have extra stuff. It's probably more DLC, but am hoping for something more like a steelbook or figure. If not, I'll just wait for a price drop and getting it for $14.99 or something.

Because he's on the other side of the spectrum. Massive, massive enthusiam. In contrast to the pessimism. I'm saying that we should all have reasonable expectations for Ground Zeroes.

I wouldn't know. Possibly from the other topics, although I don't remember. Regardless, his post here, the picture at least, seem to infer that we all need to stop hitting the extremes. If that's not his original intent this time, then I retract my statement defending him, but we should still be a bit more chill,

All of us.

Batzi

Banned
I wouldn't know. Possibly from the other topics, although I don't remember. Regardless, his post here, the picture at least, seem to infer that we all need to stop hitting the extremes. If that's not his original intent this time, then I retract my statement defending him, but we should still be a bit more chill,

All of us.

That's exactly my intention. People are jumping to conclusions with nothing to support their claims.

I do agree that KONAMI is keeping a lot under wraps regarding the details and questions being asked here but if you guys are asking so many questions why bother spread misleading/hate messages by answering those same questions you asked with assumptions based on pretty much nothing concrete?

And let's not pretend that most of you are not hating on this game because of the absence of David Hayter. Announcing a different voice actor for Snake was the ground zero of the hate and misleading info. People really need to move on and learn to be patient.

What happened to the times when we discussed story theories? I miss those days when we were figuring out what The Phantom Pain was back in 2012.

What? OK, all you do is bring pessimism to these threads... (You shit on me because I didn't think the box art made the game garbage...) So, how is what you're doing any different from what you claim Batzi is doing? We all have the same facts. It's fucked up to personally attack Batzi like that. What does Batzi have to gain if the game is better than YOU expect it to be? You think Batzi will really give a shit what you, I, or anyone else thinks of the game when March 18 comes along? Neither do I.

Batzi

Banned
What? OK, all you do is bring pessimism to these threads... (You shit on me because I didn't think the box art made the game garbage...) So, how is what you're doing any different from what you claim Batzi is doing? We all have the same facts. It's fucked up to personally attack Batzi like that. What does Batzi have to gain if the game is better than YOU expect it to be? You think Batzi will really give a shit what you, I, or anyone else thinks of the game when March 18 comes along? Neither do I.

I am getting the NA & JP versions (retail) on launch day. That's what matters to me really. I am a Metal Gear fan, been playing Metal Gear since MGS1 and I got into the series because I fell in love with David Hayter's voice. I welcome the change and I am still getting the game on day 1 why? Because I realized back in 1998 when I finished MGS1 the first time that Metal Gear had so much depth in it and was much bigger than just a voice actor. March 18 can't come any sooner.

On a side note, people can buy a PS4 yet they are not willing to pay 40$ for their favourite series of all times. What a shame.

On a side note, people can buy a PS4 yet they are not willing to pay 40$ for their favourite series of all times. What a shame.

I love MGS, but I still honestly don't see why this costs any money. So far they've done a bad job of simply explaining what the hell this even is. And by that I mean is the Camp Omega location the only area available? They've shown that section completed multiple times and it takes around 15m to complete. So, it's kinda insane to think that they want $30-40 for that. Even with a few extra things to do in it, that still wouldn't really amount to being worth that much. It seems more like something that would be better suited with a DLC price ($10-15) at most if that's really all there is to it.

Blader

Well when you put it like that, then GZ is an even bigger rip-off - unless you think 10% of your time with the PS4 will be spent exclusively on GZ.

Batzi

Banned
Well when you put it like that, then GZ is an even bigger rip-off - unless you think 10% of your time with the PS4 will be spent exclusively on GZ.

I bought my PS4 mainly for the same reason I bought my PS3 & PSP and that was to play the next MGS. I spent 400$ + TAX on the PS4 and 700$ on a sound system just so that I can play and enjoy the next MGS experience. 40$ is nothing. I would pay 100$ if I had to play the next MGS in this amazing saga.

It's obviously not about the money for most of those hating on the game since obviously they are buying a next-gen console to play the game. They made the David Hayter departure a personal problem with Kojima and I find it immature to say the least.

Everything was fine before E3 until Kojima announced that Kiefer Sutherland was going to be voicing Big Boss in MGSV. You can't deny that this was mainly the reason why people started hating on it.

Batzi

Banned
I love MGS, but I still honestly don't see why this costs any money. So far they've done a bad job of simply explaining what the hell this even is. And by that I mean is the Camp Omega location the only area available? They've shown that section completed multiple times and it takes around 15m to complete. So, it's kinda insane to think that they want $30-40 for that. Even with a few extra things to do in it, that still wouldn't really amount to being worth that much. It seems more like something that would be better suited with a DLC price ($10-15) at most if that's really all there is to it.

Kojima showed many MGS2 trailers back in 2000 and not once did he show Raiden as the main character or even as a playable character. In fact, he showed Solid Snake being the main character in the plant chapter. When MGS2 came out, things were nowhere near our expectations.

SJRB

Gold Member
I bought my PS4 mainly for the same reason I bought my PS3 & PSP and that was to play the next MGS. I spent 400$ + TAX on the PS4 and 700$ on a sound system just so that I can play and enjoy the next MGS experience. 40$ is nothing. I would pay 100$ if I had to play the next MGS in this amazing saga.

It's obviously not about the money for most of those hating on the game since obviously they are buying a next-gen console to play the game. They made the David Hayter departure a personal problem with Kojima and I find it immature to say the least.

Everything was fine before E3 until Kojima announced that Kiefer Sutherland was going to be voicing Big Boss in MGSV. You can't deny that this was mainly the reason why people started hating on it.

I read this post three times, but I still don't understand the leaps of logic.

Vamphuntr

I'm not sure what you guys were expecting. Kojima already said GZ was basically the prologue to the Phantom Pain. It's going to be one mission with Peace Walker like extra ops taking place on the same map. I don't think the Paz/Chico achievement means much, we already saw both of them in some Phantom Pain trailers.

Think of poor Konami guys. They have to fund this expensive game that is taking a long time to make so they have to make some profits off their investment along the way lol.

What I'm hoping they mean by this is that they're actually talking about how it performs critically, not financially. If it got a lot of bad reviews I think they would delay it in order to make the improvements so that the main game can be better. That's what I would like to think, then again I suppose people would even make a negative out of that with it being like a paid beta test. That to me is better than it essentially being a kickstarter, though.

I'm not sure what you guys were expecting. Kojima already said GZ was basically the prologue to the Phantom Pain. It's going to be one mission with Peace Walker like extra ops taking place on the same map. I don't think the Paz/Chico achievement means much, we already saw both of them in some Phantom Pain trailers.

Think of poor Konami guys. They have to fund this expensive game that is taking a long time to make so they have to make some profits off their investment along the way lol.

You're just hating on this game because Hayter is no longer voicing Snake, AREN'T YOU MOTHERFUCKER?!

Zemm

I read this post three times, but I still don't understand the leaps of logic.

If you don't want to pay 40 dollars for a demo it's because you're a David Hayter fanboy and not a true metal gear fan, or something. The guy is just weird.

What I'm hoping they mean by this is that they're actually talking about how it performs critically, not financially. If it got a lot of bad reviews I think they would delay it in order to make the improvements so that the main game can be better. That's what I would like to think, then again I suppose people would even make a negative out of that with it being like a paid beta test. That to me is better than it essentially being a kickstarter, though.

I can't read Kojima-san's mind but I think this is closer to what he meant. A lot gets lost in the translation, but he has shown a lot of humility while creating this new version of Metal Gear. So, yeah, I think the most important part of Ground Zeroes is how people will react to the very different, but recognizable systems of Metal Gear.

I think the Phantom Pain has been in development for a while, actually. We saw pictures of the desert in Afghanistan as well as the jungles of Africa, which appears to be the main setting of the game, long before we even knew Ground Zeroes existed. I think they created Ground Zeroes in the middle of developing MGSV in order to close that bridge between it and Peace Walker and better introduce people to the Open World mechanics and new systems. Kojima has referred to Ground Zeroes as "the Phantom Pain on a smaller scale", so I take it Ground Zeroes was born from the Phantom Pain as opposed to the other way around.

CHC

For everyone complaining about the length, please, spare us. If you know MGS you should know by now it's not about length, any of the games can be beaten in about two hours if you just go straight trough them. They're all about depth, incidental detail, repeated playthroughs, trial-and-error perfection of strategies, and long wacked out cinematic cutscenes / codec calls. Anyone reminiscing about the Tanker chapter should have nothing to worry about with Ground Zeroes. If there is anything we should know by now it's that we are in for a major surprise like in every other Metal Gear Solid title.

I think the Phantom Pain has been in development for a while, actually. We saw pictures of the desert in Afghanistan as well as the jungles of Africa, which appears to be the main setting of the game, long before we even knew Ground Zeroes existed. I think they created Ground Zeroes in the middle of developing MGSV in order to close that bridge between it and Peace Walker and better introduce people to the Open World mechanics and new systems. Kojima has referred to Ground Zeroes as "the Phantom Pain on a smaller scale", so I take it Ground Zeroes was born from the Phantom Pain as opposed to the other way around.

Adding on to this PP is Project Ogre, which we have know about since 2011.
Though some of this time was spent on the engine I imagine PP has been in full development for 3 years maximum, 2 minimum. The red band trailer clearly shows a game rather far into development. This is of course assuming no major redesigns have occurred, but the rb trailer is in line with how Project Ogre was initially described so I personally doubt this has happened.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's

What if this means that if GZ sells well, that means they'll release Phantom Pain episodically in this way lol. We'll get Phantom Pain Act 1 late 2014, Act 2 early 2015, and Act 3 late 2015, all at $40 each. That would be atrocious.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
I definitely think collecting critical feedback is a huge factor as well. And I'm honestly OK with that. Whatever goes toward polishing up the main game.

What if this means that if GZ sells well, that means they'll release Phantom Pain episodically in this way lol. We'll get Phantom Pain Act 1 late 2014, Act 2 early 2015, and Act 3 late 2015, all at $40 each. That would be atrocious.

Nope. Nope, nope, nope. Gonna squash this one right away. Ground Zeroes, Phantom Pain. That's all.

If there is anything we should know by now it's that we are in for a major surprise like in every other Metal Gear Solid title.

I hope this is the case, although I think Kojima might have stumbled a bit. He was attempting to explain the relationship with Ground Zeroes in the Phantom Pain trailers, and at the time I think he said he wanted to release all of MGSV together but changed his mind again as the Phantom Pain was taking too long, so as a result he gave away: The Destruction of Motherbase, the Bomb inside Paz, and Big Boss's coma which I imagine is supposed to be the cliffhanger in the same way the Tanker ended with it sinking and Snake being presumed dead.

Becsuse of this, I'm fairly concerned Ground Zeroes will have a very predictable campaign with no plot twists that haven't already been presented to us. I think that's why trailers for Ground Zeroes as a standalone title have been so sparse, to the point they've had to focus trailers around humourous missions as opposed to the story missions. They can't afford to spoil anymore, at least until the launch trailer. I hope the whole third person in the hospital room has some major significance, as opposed to what Kojima told us in the interview where it's just some easter egg of him inserting himself in the game. That's got to be the major twist at the end if there is one at all.

This is great for hardcore fans of the series. No one is forcing you to pay money for this, we will know the exact amount of content we have before it is released, just figure out if it is worth it for you. For me I played demos of MGS for 20-30 hours so I am sure this is much larger than any MGS demo so it is easily worth the money. I will replay these missions a ton of times, fight for leaderboard spots and the like. It is absolutely for me as I rather play some MGS5 now than wait. Its been over 5 years since MGS4 I want some new MGS on consoles now.

That said I think this may hurt the brand a bit. Just look at all the confused or angry posts in this thread. What is going to happen to the less informed buyers who buy this and find out later they bought a prologue. This may be a bad idea in the long run.

decayedmatter

Neo Member
It's not even the possible short length that bugs me, it's the fact that I am gonna start the story, get to a huge cliffhanger, and have to wait 10+ months for the conclusion, it's just a huge tease and I would rather just wait for the whole thing to be done. It's stupid that Kojima thinks MGS fans are this impatient that we need the game drip fed to us to keep us happy.

Although the fact that it's short will make the above even more bitter tasting, especially at $40.

It's not even the possible short length that bugs me, it's the fact that I am gonna start the story, get to a huge cliffhanger, and have to wait 10+ months for the conclusion, it's just a huge tease and I would rather just wait for the whole thing to be done. It's stupid that Kojima thinks MGS fans are this impatient that we need the game drip fed to us to keep us happy.

Although the fact that it's short will make the above even more bitter tasting, especially at $40.

Joke's on you! We are.

KingFire

Banned

More like an overpriced pre-release DLC.

Betty

Banned
I remember this being fully free. They used to call them demos...

I think they call them Betas.

Demos pretty much represent the final build as there is usually not enough time to make big changes before the main game comes out since they usually release quite close together.

If there are mechanics or gameplay elements in Ground Zeroes that we don't like though they have plenty of time to incorporate our feedback for The Phantom Pain.

Top Bottom