• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV: Ground Zeroes achievements LEAKED! (SPOILER ALERT)

Salaadin

I really hate how this game was marketed. There's so much confusion.
I can't not buy this though so I'm definitely part of the problem.

decayedmatter

Neo Member

Agreed, I had a bad feeling ever since they said it was gonna be two games. Just seems like a lot of marketing talk to try and hype up selling us overpriced prerelease dlc. Sad this is what Kojima has stooped to. Not many of my childhood developers left who haven't sold out now.

CpmPanda

Neo Member
Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain will be separate games and Ground Zeroes will not be a short game. How do I know this? Cause most of the achievements will not tell you what the game is about, the story, how many missions or hours there are.

Just like Peace Walker HD, there were trophies for certain missions, but all in all, there were a crapload of missions to play and many hours of game-play. Since this will be on Current and Next-Generation systems, and you know Kojima's capabilities, you should already know this game will be worth 20-30 bucks. It will probably be worth 60 dollars.

March 18 is coming, if you want to get a taste of Kiefer Sutherland as Big Boss and what Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain has in store; buy it, play it, love it!

decayedmatter

Neo Member
Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain will be separate games and Ground Zeroes will not be a short game. How do I know this? Cause most of the achievements will not tell you what the game is about, the story, how many missions or hours there are.

Just like Peace Walker HD, there were trophies for certain missions, but all in all, there were a crapload of missions to play and many hours of game-play. Since this will be on Current and Next-Generation systems, and you know Kojima's capabilities, you should already know this game will be worth 20-30 bucks. It will probably be worth 60 dollars.

March 18 is coming, if you want to get a taste of Kiefer Sutherland as Big Boss and what Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain has in store; buy it, play it, love it!

Do they allow stealth marketing in here? All signs are pointing to the fact that we should all be wary and to wait. I definitely cancelled my preorder as a precaution, if everything checks out post release I will buy it.

Yeah, Konami really needs to clear up the air here.

So far, we have -

2 main missions, Paz or Chico choices. Maybe one if they don't play that differently.
Extra Ops.
Special Ops.
Trials.

Within the achievements, we've seen four game types that go alongside the Ops.

So all we know right now is that the game has 1 or 2 big missions, an unnumbered amount of Extra and Special Ops, and whatever Trials has in it. I'm guessing the latter is a VR thing.

But that's all we know. And as shitty as it is to not have any information, at least we have pieces of what the game might be. Remember - achievements don't always determine or detail how much gameplay is within. Hopefully we'll get a preview or more clarification.

Batzi

Banned
Remember - achievements don't always determine or detail how much gameplay is within.
The Last of Us has 24. GZ a prologue to the main game has 15. By no means is TLoU short.

MGS1 was 1 mission.
MGS2 was 2 missions.
MGS3 was 2 missions.
MPO shifted to several small missions.
MGS4 was 5 acts.
Peace Walker had many small missions.

Kojima misled us before on several occasions. We always fall for him and we will again.

Rule of thumb: Kojima is always 10 steps ahead of you. Nothing is ever as it seems with Kojima and past entries in the franchise prove that.

Kojima misled us before on several occasions. We always fall for him and we will again.

Rule of thumb: Kojima is always 10 steps ahead of you. Nothing is ever as it seems with Kojima and past entries in the franchise prove that.

iby2gAeNBsUd9a.gif

Blader

Yeah, Konami really needs to clear up the air here.

They're not going to be explicitly clear up that GZ is a glorified demo just so you can then not buy the game. It's going to be a short game and the fact that Konami is being deliberately opaque about it should be a major giveaway.

Finding Paz first over Chico probably won't change anything substantial. Since MGSV is more open than previous games, it might be possible to stumble upon Paz while exploring the base before finding Chico. You're obviously supposed to find Chico first, though. He's marked on the map when you first start Ground Zeroes, and the achievement art shows only him.

Batzi

Banned
They're not going to be explicitly clear up that GZ is a glorified demo just so you can then not buy the game. It's going to be a short game and the fact that Konami is being deliberately opaque about it should be a major giveaway.

I need you to show me some proof that Ground Zeroes is going to be a very short game. Can you please provide that for me?

Oh god, Kojima's worship it's strong here.

MGSV can't be a demo, i played Bravely Default demo 2 days ago and took me 5 hours to complete, MGSV it's more like a demo of a demo.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Oh god, Kojima's worship it's strong here.

MGSV can't be a demo, i played Bravely Default demo 2 days ago and took me 5 hours to complete, MGSV it's more like a demo of a demo.

I beat Metal Gear Rising on my first playthrough in under 5 hours; doesn't make it a demo.

Dolan pls

Betty

Banned
Did you play GZ? How do you know?

We're just going by what we know so far.
Big Boss rescues Chico, then Paz, learns that Mother Base is under attack and is involved in an incident that puts him into a coma.

I wouldn't be surprised if the main game,
rescuing Chico/Paz
, then escaping is all there is, and the rest is just cutscenes showing us the
attack on the base
. At most, going by what we know so far, I'd assume it'll last about 2 hours max.

Sure, maybe it'll involve more than that, and I'm not counting S ranking it, or Extra Ops/Side Ops or the console exclusive mission or trials or collectibles, but going on what we know so far, I think that's a fairly reasonable estimate for the main portion of the game.

I beat Metal Gear Rising on my first playthrough in under 5 hours; doesn't make it a demo.

Dolan pls

It took me 8, but then I replayed it again.

On the other hand, Skyrim took me a good 30 plus to do everything-ish, and that was padded to hell.

I don't know why we are discussing the matters of content vs quantity when we don't know the length of GZ yet.

Really, it's impossible to say anything about the game without both sides flinging high amounts of shit everywhere.

I mean, look at this.

Big Boss rescues Chico, then Paz, learns that Mother Base is under attack and is involved in an incident that puts him into a coma.

rescuing Chico/Paz
attack on the base
. At most, going by what we know so far, I'd assume it'll last about 2 hours max.

Sure, maybe it'll involve more than that, but going on what we know so far, I think that's a fairly reasonable estimate.

In the OP, it says right there that there are other things besides the main mission. I'm not commenting on length, I'm saying people who think that the only actual bit to the game is around one mission when there is direct information stating the contrary..it's just a bit silly is all.

Batzi

Banned

rescuing Chico/Paz
attack on the base

Sure, maybe it'll involve more than that, but going on what we know so far, I think that's a fairly reasonable estimate.

You said "what we know so far" 3 times.

Mother Base is burnt to ashes. We see Big Boss in a helicopter flying away and Kaz is on board too and shows signs of fury. There is no sign of Chico or Paz when that scene is shown. We don't know what happens after that. We don't know how much time passes until Big Boss goes into a coma. Kojima did say that Ground Zeroes at least the Chico rescue mission happens at night. Might be the whole night in real-time who knows which gives us several hours.

The "Deja Vu" trailer had a short segment where it demonstrates a daylight operation showing Big Boss in a helicopter looking at Camp Omega getting bombed by a flying jet. Now we know that this is not part of "Deja Vu" mission since in the latter we play as an MGS1 Snake while the Camp Omega scene shows GZ Big Boss. Here's what I am talking about:

original

original

How can you explain that?

Betty

Banned

If the campaign is as long as I think it is, I won't mind one bit, if it's longer than we've been lead to believe so far, I sure as hell won't be complaining.

That particular scene though could just be from an Extra/Side Op. It's also possible that you return to the base during daytime to
rescue Paz after rescuing Chico
, and as you make your escape that scene happens.

Batzi

Banned
If the campaign is as long as I think it is, I won't mind one bit, if it's longer than we've been lead to believe so far, I sure as hell won't be complaining.

That particular scene though could just be from an Extra/Side Op. It's also possible that you return to the base during daytime to
rescue Paz after rescuing Chico
, and as you make your escape that scene happens.

Ok then we can safely say that anything could happen next and the time frame from that point onwards till we witness Big Boss going to a coma can be literally anything from hours to days correct?

If that's a side-ops/extra-ops where is the achievement for it? That seems like a pretty serious side mission if you'd ask me and I think it deserves its own achievement don't you think so? Unless we haven't seen all of the achievements but what are the odds of that?

Betty

Banned
Ok then we can safely say that anything could happen next and the time frame from that point onwards till we witness Big Boss going to a coma can be literally anything from hours to days correct?

If that's a side-ops/extra-ops where is the achievement for it? That seems like a pretty serious side mission if you'd ask me and I think it deserves its own achievement don't you think so? Unless we haven't seen all of the achievements but what are the odds of that?

Well one of the Side Ops mentions destroying anti-air placements, it's possible you just mark them for your backup to destroy as you leave.

And yes, I suppose anything can happen between Camp Omega and Big Boss's coma, even though it was confirmed that Camp Omega was the only map a while back, maybe some more things happen there.

Just want to stress again that I'd buy the game no matter the length or content. I'd even buy a beta version that doesn't include any missions, just the single map to mess around in.

We're really debating the amount of content that the game has to offer based solely on an achievement list... Call it a demo, call it a full installment to the Metal Gear lore -- whatever. Reading all of this is tiresome and speculating is ultimately pointless as NONE OF US have the information necessary to determine the length or amount of content the game has to offer. I'm going to play this more than any other game coming out next year until The Phantom Pain arrives, so it doesn't matter to me; I just get sick of the misinformation, whether it be used to build up or tear down the game.

Batzi

Banned
We're really debating the amount of content that the game has to offer based solely on an achievement list... Call it a demo, call it a full installment to the Metal Gear lore -- whatever. Reading all of this is tiresome and speculating is ultimately pointless as NONE OF US have the information necessary to determine the length or amount of content the game has to offer. I'm going to play this more than any other game coming out next year until The Phantom Pain arrives, so it doesn't matter to me; I just get sick of the misinformation, whether it be used to build up or tear down the game.

I am with you on that. Fuck it.

iLLmAtlc

You said "what we know so far" 3 times.

Mother Base is burnt to ashes. We see Big Boss in a helicopter flying away and Kaz is on board too and shows signs of fury. There is no sign of Chico or Paz when that scene is shown. We don't know what happens after that. We don't know how much time passes until Big Boss goes into a coma. Kojima did say that Ground Zeroes at least the Chico rescue mission happens at night. Might be the whole night in real-time who knows which gives us several hours.

The "Deja Vu" trailer had a short segment where it demonstrates a daylight operation showing Big Boss in a helicopter looking at Camp Omega getting bombed by a flying jet. Now we know that this is not part of "Deja Vu" mission since in the latter we play as an MGS1 Snake while the Camp Omega scene shows GZ Big Boss. Here's what I am talking about:

original

original

Someone from KP confirmed ground zeroes is only the night portion and there is no day I think.

E: it was Kojima himself: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=89942919&postcount=1

Squire

Banned
I bought my PS4 mainly for the same reason I bought my PS3 & PSP and that was to play the next MGS. I spent 400$ + TAX on the PS4 and 700$ on a sound system just so that I can play and enjoy the next MGS experience. 40$ is nothing. I would pay 100$ if I had to play the next MGS in this amazing saga.

It's obviously not about the money for most of those hating on the game since obviously they are buying a next-gen console to play the game. They made the David Hayter departure a personal problem with Kojima and I find it immature to say the least.

Everything was fine before E3 until Kojima announced that Kiefer Sutherland was going to be voicing Big Boss in MGSV. You can't deny that this was mainly the reason why people started hating on it.

I'm one of the "haters" you speak of and not only am I thrilled Keifer's in the game (I'm a huge 24 fan and while I like Hayter, I think he's been phoning it in for years at this point) I hoped it really was his voice for months before it was revealed.

So, what now?

AHA-Lambda

I find it really hard to take anyone's defensive stance in this game seriously when they have an mgs avatar.

Mr. RHC

I can see the confusion and everything, what worries me most ist that the main story is seemingly limited to rescuing Chico and Paz... which can't be.

They are really running a tight ship this time when it comes to releasing plot details.. which is not too bad.

Desmond

Imagine if this was a big curveball and ground zeroes is in fact the full, finished MGSV TPP experience, open world stealth and all.
Koshi god playing us for chumps again. ^^

[/spoiler] lol no

decayedmatter

Neo Member
I just wanna post this here. This is a shrine I have in my retro game room dedicated to the Metal Gear Series (and no, this isn't all the merch I have related to the series)

meq6OpY.jpg

My point is, this news has me EXTREMELY worried about this release, like there is a chance that Kojima has betrayed my trust and sold out completely to rip off die hard fans such as myself with a pre release DLC type of scheme. I buy every single MG related release day 1, the collector's editions, and hard cover strategy guides.

But this is gonna be the first MGS game I hold off on buying day 1 because all signs point to this being a cash grab to rip off fans who are blinded by nostalgia and love for the series. first it was getting rid of David Hayter, which I was angry about but tried to justify it in my mind by saying...

"It's OK cause Kojima has a plan, he's probably gonna have an after credits dialog featuring David Hayter voicing Solid Snake and leading into a Metal Gear 1 remake, that's why they turned Big Boss' voice into Jack Bauer, so it wouldnt sound like David Hayter talking to himself."

But the whole "were splitting MGSV into 2 games" thing had me seriously worried, that this was a "milk the fans with glorified prerelease DLC" kind of deal. And now this achievement list being leaked makes me even more worried. I am gonna wait till after it's out to read forum posts about the true length of the game, cause i refuse to believe anything Konami PR says at this point.

You can call me an idiot, over dramatic, whatever. But I am a fan that's spent hundreds of dollars on Kojima related merch (stuff like MGS1 Jpn Premium Edition, MGS3 E3 promo items, Metal Gear 1 Euro version in english for MSX, tons of collector's editions, figures, art books, strategy guides, ect.) So I think I have SOME say in the matter and some validity to my fears.

Please Kojima, if you are reading this topic, don't fuck us over. You are treading on thin ice and fucking over long time fans will ruin the series.

Alienous

I just wanna post this here. This is a shrine I have in my retro game room dedicated to the Metal Gear Series (and no, this isn't all the merch I have related to the series)

meq6OpY.jpg

My point is, this news has me EXTREMELY worried about this release, like there is a chance that Kojima has betrayed my trust and sold out completely to rip off die hard fans such as myself with a pre release DLC type of scheme. I buy every single MG related release day 1, the collector's editions, and hard cover strategy guides.

But this is gonna be the first MGS game I hold off on buying day 1 because all signs point to this being a cash grab to rip off fans who are blinded by nostalgia and love for the series. first it was getting rid of David Hayter, which I was angry about but tried to justify it in my mind by saying...

"It's OK cause Kojima has a plan, he's probably gonna have an after credits dialog featuring David Hayter voicing Solid Snake and leading into a Metal Gear 1 remake, that's why they turned Big Boss' voice into Jack Bauer, so it wouldnt sound like David Hayter talking to himself."

But the whole "were splitting MGSV into 2 games" thing had me seriously worried, that this was a "milk the fans with glorified prerelease DLC" kind of deal. And now this achievement list being leaked makes me even more worried. I am gonna wait till after it's out to read forum posts about the true length of the game, cause i refuse to believe anything Konami PR says at this point.

You can call me an idiot, over dramatic, whatever. But I am a fan that's spent hundreds of dollars on Kojima related merch (stuff like MGS1 Jpn Premium Edition, MGS3 E3 promo items, Metal Gear 1 Euro version in english for MSX, tons of collector's editions, figures, art books, strategy guides, ect.) So I think I have SOME say in the matter and some validity to my fears.

Please Kojima, if you are reading this topic, don't fuck us over. You are treading on thin ice and fucking over long time fans will ruin the series.

I'm a massive Metal Gear fan. My avatar is from obscure Metal Gear Rising (the canceled one) concept art.

This is also going to be my first delayed Metal Gear Solid purchase. It feels like a cash grab. I'm a huge fan but I'm not money cattle, and I won't be farmed on a whim. Ground Zeroes has to justify its price, it doesn't get a pass like all of the MGS games prior to it. And so far I've seen nothing that gives me faith in it.

decayedmatter

Neo Member
I'm a massive Metal Gear fan. My avatar is from obscure Metal Gear Rising (the canceled one) concept art.

This is also going to be my first delayed Metal Gear Solid purchase. It feels like a cash grab. I'm a huge fan but I'm not money cattle, and I won't be farmed on a whim. Ground Zeroes has to justify its price, it doesn't get a pass like all of the MGS games prior to it. And so far I've seen nothing that gives me faith in it.

Really glad I am not alone in this mindset. Although obviously I hope I am COMPLETELY wrong, but I have seen nothing to give me any faith that I am wrong. this sucks, it feels like part of my childhood is being ripped from me and one of the main foundations for my love of gaming is being destroyed by corporate greed.

Please let me be wrong...please.

I find it really hard to take anyone's defensive stance in this game seriously when they have an mgs avatar.

This game will flop because of its box art.
This game will flop because Kiefer's "Kept you waiting, huh?" sounds phoned-in.
This game will flop because it has 15 achievements.
This game will flop because I could pay $20 for this game, yet am choosing to pay $40.
This game will flop because MGS4's story was bad.
This game will flop because a trailer that TEASES the game has shown one location.
This game will flop because it has platform-exclusive content.
This game will flop because enemy marking turns it into Conviction.
This game will flop because Reflex Mode is too forgiving.
This game will flop because I ASSUME disabling those modes breaks the game.
This game will flop because anyone supporting this is part of the problem.
This game will flop because I personally don't care for S-Ranking missions.
This game will flop because The Phantom Pain has a larger map.
This game will flop because I am a "HUGE" MGS fan who has no faith in MGS.
This game will flop because I am ignorant to the available facts.

How can anyone "defend" anything when the people they are arguing with have the same information as you, yet choose not to use it. People are arguing a game's length based on its fucking achievement list... There is no "defense."

For me, the problem comes from the seemingly large number of players who have access to both a PlayStation 3/PlayStation 4 console and still manage to complain about pricing. Keep in mind that if they really felt Konami was ripping them off, but still wanted to play the game, they could pay $20. Does a graphical boost REALLY warrant an extra $10 if you feel content is lacking? Do you really need a physical copy of a graphically-enhanced game that you think will only last you a couple of hours for an extra $20? The only difference between the current-gen and next-gen versions of this game is visual fidelity. (Even the use of a second device is possible with the PS3 version of Ground Zeroes, but he did say that some of the "second screen" features in The Phantom Pain will be next-gen exclusive since they aren't possible on current-gen hardware.) If you have current and next-gen hardware, you pay $40, and you feel you didn't get your money's worth, then that's on YOU.

SJRB

Gold Member
I really don't enjoy how every Ground Zeroes thread boils down to some weird turf war among MGS fans. Let's not forget we're all on the same side here. We're all MGS fans and we all want this to be a success.

Konami needs to get this confusion fixed and fixed asap. Instead of discussing story we argue over length, content and pricing. That's not right and it has a negative impact on the perception of the game.

I really don't enjoy how every Ground Zeroes thread boils down to some weird turf war among MGS fans. Let's not forget we're all on the same side here. We're all MGS fans and we all want this to be a success.

Konami needs to get this confusion fixed and fixed asap. Instead of discussing story we argue over length, content and pricing. That's not right and it has a negative impact on the perception of the game.

Yeah, you're right. This whole Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain thing has been really frustrating, because I enjoy GAF and I love MGS. I hope this gets cleared up, and soon.

Jack cw

Honestly, I couldnt care less, about a success, just to make Konami happy. 40$/€ for basically a prologue, that acts as a demo or tutorial is utter bullshit! I would love to discuss story, but the canon is DEAD. Whatever it was that made Kojima write some of the daft stuff in MGS2, it got even worse in MGS4 and there is nothing that another prequel like Phantom Pain could do, to change that.

Honestly, I couldnt care less, about a success, just to make Konami happy. 40$/€ for basically a prologue, that acts as a demo or tutorial is utter bullshit! I would love to discuss story, but the canon is DEAD. Whatever it was that made Kojima write some of the daft stuff in MGS2, it got even worse in MGS4 and there is nothing that another prequel like Phantom Pain could do, to change that.

And that's simply not giving the game a chance. Because you don't like MGS4's story, MGS5 is irrelevant? Why are you here, then?

Jack cw

And that's simply not giving the game a chance. Because you don't like MGS4's story, MGS5 is irrelevant? Why are you here, then?

Because I still have hope that Kojima finally delivers. I'll give Phantom Pain a chance, but whatever Kojima writes for this, its all under the banner of MGS4.

Because I still have hope that Kojima finally delivers. I'll give Phantom Pain a chance, but whatever Kojima writes for this, its all under the banner of MGS4.

The Phantom Pain is the 11th canonical game in the Metal Gear chronology. "Finally delivers" would seem to imply that you haven't been satisfied with any of the nine (canon) games currently available. I'm not saying you shouldn't play The Phantom Pain, but I am saying that if you go into it with that attitude, then you won't be satisfied with that one either. If you really feel that MGS4 looms over the series like a dark cloud and feel that MGS can't be saved ("- but whatever Kojima writes for this, its all under the banner of MGS4."), then why play it at all? If you're going to give it a chance, then give it a chance.

Spaghetti

i think kojima gets too much blame for mgs4's plot

fans clamouring for answers and konami wanting a sequel combined with the general franchise exhaustion kojima seemed to have created a perfect storm of "i don't give a fuck anymore"

given that kojima said old snake was his analogue in the story, you really see the hopeless despair about the crushing expectation and smothering work environment filtering through

the description of the original ending to mgs4 really just screams 'depression' through and through

Jack cw

The Phantom Pain is the 11th canonical game in the Metal Gear chronology. "Finally delivers" would seem to imply that you haven't been satisfied with any of the nine (canon) games currently available. I'm not saying you shouldn't play The Phantom Pain, but I am saying that if you go into it with that attitude, then you won't be satisfied with that one either. If you really feel that MGS4 looms over the series like a dark cloud and feel that MGS can't be saved ("- but whatever Kojima writes for this, its all under the banner of MGS4."), then why play it at all? If you're going to give it a chance, then give it a chance.

I understand you defending it, I was the same pre MGS4, and heck I even defended it after it was released, but over the years and multiple playthroughs, the flaws just stood out. I like the core game mechanics but the gunplay, Snakes agility and the controls have lots of room to improve. I'm not getting that easily hyped for an MGS like I was in the past, because I learned what to expect from Kojima and if Phantom Pain turns out to be fun, then I'm perfectly fine with it, but its really getting annoying to relive another entry of this series with many of the same characters that again offer some never before seen twists and turns that flies in the face of reason, even for a Kojima game.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood

Am confused too.

I had pre-ordered this thinking l was buying a game the size of MGS4 now i'm confused about this being some prologue/demo type game...

I'll wait for the reviews to understand the how big this game is before jumping.

sonicmj1

The Last of Us has 24. GZ a prologue to the main game has 15. By no means is TLoU short.

MGS1 was 1 mission.
MGS2 was 2 missions.
MGS3 was 2 missions.
MPO shifted to several small missions.
MGS4 was 5 acts.
Peace Walker had many small missions.

The only time Kojima has mislead people in a way that wasn't incredibly obvious to see through was MGS2. Every other time people worked themselves up in a fervor over crazy theories that turned out to be explained really simply. Theories MGS3 was in a simulation. Theories about extra Snake clones in MGS4. Heck, the whole CG "Joakim" thing happened less than a year ago.

The last time Kojima sincerely tried to mislead people with the Phantom Pain VGA reveal, I remember waiting months for Konami to confirm something the internet conclusively proved in days. I'm pretty confident that what I see is what I'm going to get.

Jack cw

i think kojima gets too much blame for mgs4's plot

fans clamouring for answers and konami wanting a sequel combined with the general franchise exhaustion kojima seemed to have created a perfect storm of "i don't give a fuck anymore"

given that kojima said old snake was his analogue in the story, you really see the hopeless despair about the crushing expectation and smothering work environment filtering through

the description of the original ending to mgs4 really just screams 'depression' through and through

And thats just sad. MGS4 was the perfect opportunity to end the saga and finish with the series, leaving it for a another director to reboot or something. The lack of faith in those guys and his obsession with the series led to all this. He cant just letting go of it and Konami needs to milk the series, because its their flagship. Still, there was no reason to ruin so many of the characters that he established over the years and give answers to question that nobody asked. I really hope he focusses more on subtle things in MGSV, just like he did in MGS3, which had some really good writing.

And thats just sad. MGS4 was the perfect opportunity to end the saga and finish with the series, leaving it for a another director to reboot or something. The lack of faith in those guys and his obsession with the series led to all this. He cant just letting go of it and Konami needs to milk the series, because its their flagship. Still, there was no reason to ruin so many of the characters that he established over the years and give answers to question that nobody asked. I really hope he focusses more on subtle things in MGSV, just like he did in MGS3, which had some really good writing.

There were also the death threats that basically 'forced' him to tie up all the loose ends, which he didn't want to. Kojima wanted MGS2's story to be left open, so the fans could decide for themselves.

Top Bottom