• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV: Ground Zeroes releasing Spring 2014 [£30 boxed 360/PS3/DL NG; £20 DL PS3/360]

So this still could come with TPP and still be "two seperate games". I'm not taking jabs at ToraShiro. GZ could come bundled as a download voucher (for next gen) with the TPP. Or a physical bundle for current gen.

Ah, didn't feel that way at all. :)

I know I'm toeing company line on this one and this is really frustrating from both angles, but I just got through talking to brand about this very same issue and they gave me the previous statement to release.

I kind of hope they'll do a cross-gen deal as well as a cross-buy deal (buy GZ, get n bucks off PP or something).

Typically, I might get this on PS3 and move on to PS4 for TP.

Boke1879

hey guys not sure if this has been posted yet but a blog post sets out some of gameplay info, seems like the stuff you'd find on the back of the box:

http://uk.games.konami-europe.com/blog.do#blog-entry-237

I figured this would be the case. One central story mode and extra op missions. Maybe to help build Mother Base. Either way I have faith in Kojima that there will be enough content here.

I WOULD like a retail version for PS4 though.

Lol ok. The game has been out since February and all you have is a screenshot. Good luck with MGS V.

It's still being developed at Platinum/KojiPro and hopefully we'll have some new details soon. They need a bit of a break, it's their first PC/Steam title. We do have some exciting Rising news coming today/tomorrow, though.

Batzi

Banned
BS that means for the first time, I won't be buying a MGS game right when it releases.
Don't expect GZ to be included with TPP when the latter comes out. If you are a collector and you really like to own a hard copy of the game then do what I am going to do: buy the retail version (PS3) and get the digital version on PS4. If you have money do it otherwise you will have to buy the digital version on PS4 if you want to play GZ on next-gen.

How long could the game be? Same length as the tanker mission from MGS2, but with more replay value thanks to the dynamic gameplay, weather, day night cycles etc?

farisr

Don't expect GZ to be included with TPP when the latter comes out. If you are a collector and you really like to own a hard copy of the game then do what I am going to do: buy the retail version (PS3) and get the digital version on PS4. If you have money do it otherwise you will have to buy the digital version on PS4 if you want to play GZ on next-gen.

I will buy the digital version if a physical version doesn't come out eventually. But yeah, due to no physical copy for next-gen, and me not liking the trend, I am not going to give them full money for the game nor buy it at launch.

And to think they even could've had $60 from me for this game right when it releases (despite people calling this a demo and what not) if they had just released a physical version of the game.

CengizMan

fBBIAPv.jpg

I wonder what went wrong.

Tekku

Do we even know how big the game is? Most people seem to jump to conclusions, calling it a "demo" and "tutorial".

Let's just wait and see shall we.

Batzi

Banned
How long could the game be? Same length as the tanker mission from MGS2, but with more replay value thanks to the dynamic gameplay, weather, day night cycles etc?
It looks like a full separate game. So I'd say around the same length of MGS2 or MGS3 and not the length of their prologues. Prologue does not mean short. You guys have misconceptions regarding the term "prologue". A whole game can be a prologue to another game.

Boke1879

It looks like a full separate game. So I'd say around the same length of MGS2 or MGS3 and not the length of their prologues. Prologue does not mean short. You guys have misconceptions regarding the term "prologue". A whole game can be a prologue to another game.

Don't hype yourself up and believe that this game will be as long MGS2 or 3. The fact that it's priced lower than full game should give you that hint. I DO think it will be much longer than what most people in this thread believe.

If it releases and i takes about 4 hours to finish the central story missions+has plenty of extra side missions to do then I'll say it's well worth it.

Batzi

Banned
Don't hype yourself up and believe that this game will be as long MGS2 or 3. The fact that it's priced lower than full game should give you that hint. I DO think it will be much longer than what most people in this thread believe.

If it releases and i takes about 4 hours to finish the central story missions+has plenty of extra side missions to do then I'll say it's well worth it.
I really believe it is as big as a regular game and I insist on that. I have my own reasons to believe that. Believe what you want.

hal9001

Banned
The splitting of this game into two parts reminds me of MGS2 ("Tanker" and "Plant" missions). I hope its a repeat of that quality. Hopefully the prologue is long enough to justify the price.

I really believe it is as big as a regular game and I insist on that. I have my own reasons to believe that. Believe what you want.

If you think that GZ will have as much content as any of the MGS games 1-4, then I want to know what you're smoking. Sounds like some good shit.

That may be a tiny bit too optimistic. I'm sure it'll be meaty, but as much as a regular MGS title? Can't see that happening to be honest. I'd love to be proven wrong though...

I would assume kind of PW in terms of length? How long was that game? Can't remember.

But as long as the mainline games? That would be a miracle to me.

Batzi

Banned
Honestly, I hope I'm wrong and that this ends up longer than a "demo" or "tutorial" with some extra missions.
It will be long enough to keep you busy till TPP comes out. I assume it will have the same co-op feature as PW while MGO3 will come with TPP.

NYR94

So when is The Phantom Pain coming out? Fall/Winter 2014? I don't really mind paying for Ground Zeroes separately, but The Phantom Pain better be a 2014 release. We've still only seen gameplay in the Camp Omega location, nothing else. More than a year of the same location.

Ground Zeroes will probably just be one storyline mission (rescue Paz and Chico) and a bunch of side missions like those in Peace Walker (hold up all guards, find intel documents/cassette tapes, perfect stealth, etc.) as padding to justify the price.

MilkBeard

Damn, that original video they released of Ground Zeroes a while back is incredible looking. I wonder if current gen will look anything like that, just maybe with a shittier frame rate.

Damn it, I also want a physical next gen copy. No way will I stick with current gen's crappy frame rates if I have the chance to go next gen.

I haven't really played much of any Metal Gear games, but this looks really good. I may do it because I want something epic to play for next gen.

Blader

So when is The Phantom Pain coming out? Fall/Winter 2014? I don't really mind paying for Ground Zeroes separately, but The Phantom Pain better be a 2014 release. We've still only seen gameplay in the Camp Omega location, nothing else. More than a year of the same location.

Konami said TPP is coming out fiscal year 2015, so next fall/holiday sounds like the likeliest possibility.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I really want to go digital but MGS is one of those things that needs to be added to the collection.

Think of GZ as MGSV's tanker mission.

How stupid do I look? Would I have really paid $30 for JUST the tanker mission in 2000?

Yes, I would've. I paid $50 just for the demo. It just happened to include Zone of the Enders. Hell, I woulda paid $100 just for the tanker mission.

Zemm

If this was the case then there would definitely be a disc version for next gen.

Batzi

Banned
How stupid do I look? Would I have really paid $30 for JUST the tanker mission in 2000?

Yes, I would've. I paid $50 just for the demo. It just happened to include Zone of the Enders. Hell, I woulda paid $100 just for the tanker mission.
Except it is not like the Tanker mission. It is much bigger. If it was like Tanker they wouldn't release it as a separate game. People what happened with common sense?

Top Bottom