• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Spoilers Thread - #TeamBowie

Ishida

Banned
"Jack" is Zero's insurance policy in case his best agent,
The Sorrow
, fell in battle. After he was killed by Zero's own daughter and she went missing...

V
olgin
was one of "non-existent" subjects himself, made for taking over his "father's" role of covertly co-opting the USSR, that's why Zero had Ocelot slip him the "Legacy." Something Ocelot told Boss was the key to a trust fund her "dead" father once mentioned.

"Go home!" to where Zero turned John into Jack and The Boss into
Strangelove?
In various sites around the Pacific Ocean, Shadow Moses/Japan/Bikini Atoll. Jack wasn't really a nuclear test subject. His irradiation was from Volgin's nuke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CmVcvBBrM8

The Patriots = Everyone on Zero's nomad. This is why Big Boss refers to the "Patriots" having killed him again in Naked Sin. That's why Ocelot planned for Big Boss and Zero to mutally kill each other. Dr. Madnar kept his word however, and transferred him to "Campbell."

http://youtu.be/ZmtvTJSygcY?t=10m5s

"The Boss" in codec? That dude (
The guy whose body is Skull Face???
) right beside Para-Medic. Sokolov?
Dr. Madnar/Kio Marv.

Donald Anderson? A martyr. Laughing Octopus = The Boss, Decoy Octopus, Solidus Snake.

XOF = Paradise Lost Army circa 1974.

The Sons of Big Boss = Blood relatives of Zero. Code Talker is his most recent common ancestor with Vulcan Raven, and whom he learned his ghost powers from.

Seriously, what the fuck is this?

beastmode

David Oh =
The first of "Zero's" clones, although involving a ghost in a body instead of literal cloning. More like a fit vessel.
David Danzinger =
The Boss' father.
SIGINT = Not an actual Patriot because "Zero" has Nazi sympathies. MGSV: Race and Revenge. "Zero" is a spirit formed by the founding fathers in some Occult thing. C'mon, you know it makes sense.

My theory on the Patriots
beastmode is one of the Patriot AI branches but ever since the virus based on FOXDIE was programmed into the arsenal gear terminal, it has infected beastmode's posts and made him post classified data that was ultimately corrupted at a binary level.

Hurley

The Sorrow
, fell in battle. After he was killed by Zero's own daughter and she went missing...

V
olgin
was one of "non-existent" subjects himself, made for taking over his "father's" role of covertly co-opting the USSR, that's why Zero had Ocelot slip him the "Legacy." Something Ocelot told Boss was the key to a trust fund her "dead" father once mentioned.

Strangelove?
In various sites around the Pacific Ocean, Shadow Moses/Japan/Bikini Atoll. Jack wasn't really a nuclear test subject. His irradiation was from Volgin's nuke.

The Patriots = Everyone on Zero's nomad. This is why Big Boss refers to the "Patriots" having killed him again in Naked Sin. That's why Ocelot planned for Big Boss and Zero to mutally kill each other. Dr. Madnar kept his word however, and transferred him to "Campbell."

Dr. Madnar/Kio Marv.

Donald Anderson? A martyr. Laughing Octopus = The Boss, Decoy Octopus, Solidus Snake.

The Sons of Big Boss = Blood relatives of Zero. Code Talker is his most recent common ancestor with Vulcan Raven, and whom he learned his ghost powers from.

cUOsRcr.gif

JayEH

Seriously, what the fuck is this?

I literally have no idea what that paragraph said at all. This thread gets weirder by the day.

David Oh =
The first of "Zero's" clones, although involving a ghost in a body instead of literal cloning. More like a fit vessel.
David Danzinger =
The Boss' father.
SIGINT = Not an actual Patriot because "Zero" has Nazi sympathies. MGSV: Race and Revenge. "Zero" is a spirit formed by the founding fathers in some Occult thing. C'mon, you know it makes sense.

You sir, are the master troll.

My theory on the Patriots
beastmode is one of the Patriot AI branches but ever since the virus based on FOXDIE was programmed into the arsenal gear terminal, it has infected beastmode's posts and made him post classified data that was ultimately corrupted at a binary level.
Hahahaha!

beastmode

"Zero" is pure http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Völkisch distilled, ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esoteric_Nazism ) That's why he's in Africa supporting Apartheid along with Sokolov and/or Naomi/Gray Fox's parents. That's what his research is.

SIGINT's in Angola building AI to resurrect The Boss as a Metal Gear, in order to combat Zero's zombies/genome soldiers. Skull Face is a loose canon Zero uses as his interrogator in gitmo, and literally the same spirit that inhabited The Pain. Every MGS title has a literal meaning. I posted video links. Go look at the wiki pages of the involved characters and the revelations made in Peace Walker tapes.

Ishida

Banned
"Zero" is pure http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Völkisch distilled, ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esoteric_Nazism ) That's why he's in Africa supporting Apartheid along with Sokolov and/or Naomi/Gray Fox's parents. That's what his research is.

SIGINT's in Angola building AI to resurrect The Boss as a Metal Gear, in order to combat Zero's zombies/genome soldiers. Skull Face is a loose canon Zero uses as his interrogator in gitmo, and literally the same spirit that inhabited The Pain. Every MGS title has a literal meaning. I posted video links. Go look at the wiki pages of the involved characters and the revelations made in Peace Walker tapes.

Seriously brah, just stop.

Ishida

Banned
The Philosopher's Legacy was supposed to be represented by stolen historical artifacts taken by Nazis in MGS3's monologues. If you have a better idea for how race and revenge tie in with Kojima's first 'mature' Metal Gear that already feeds heavily on the silliest game in the franchise, Peace Walker... go ahead.

http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Philosophers'_Legacy

What...?

No, seriously, what are your sources on this?

You know what? Forget it. This will lead to nowhere.

beastmode

beastmode, stop playing us like a damn fiddle!
I actually have a feeling that the fiddle line is a specific reference to remarks by Drebin and Snake in MGS4. "Otacon, we've been played like a piano" or something.

But someone would have to check the Japanese versions.

Edit: It's said around when Noami turnscoat at Shadow Moses. I was watching ChipCheezum's LP the other day and laughed at it.

Alienous

I actually have a feeling that the fiddle line is a specific reference to remarks by Drebin and Snake in MGS4. "Otacon, we've been played like a piano" or something.

But someone would have to check the Japanese versions.

Satan plays a fiddle.

Have fun with that.

The Sorrow

V
olgin

Strangelove?

Dr. Madnar/Kio Marv.

Cxs5Ran.jpg

Whoa. That's uh...that's something.

The Sorrow

V
olgin

Strangelove?

Dr. Madnar/Kio Marv.

christianbalekazkermitnodding.gif

The Outer Heaven insignia has a skull in it. This means that Skull Face kills Snake and takes his place - he wears Snake's skin on his skull face.

beastmode

The Outer Heaven insignia has a skull in it. This means that Skull Face kills Snake and takes his place - he wears Snake's skin on his skull face.
I'm thinking John just got turned into another lab rat that Skull Face used all of Cipher's dirty tricks on.
Farewell sausage.
Paz couldn't know where Cipher's consciousness is really being stored (David Oh's comatose body in Outer Heaven->Outer Haven via JD satellite?... maybe that's why Cipher needed Sokolov, a rocket scientist. Also the whole mercury project thing brought up in PW that involved The Boss.) Skull Face's body then is inhabited by Cipher when he finally catches on 9 years later.
"You've known the pain of ages..."
Ishmael and Volgin are literal demons haunting Big Boss' soul, the twin sides of Skull Face/The Pain - made manifest with Paz/The Sorrow's help?

Alot of it has to do with the moby dick idea the downfall can be told from another person like in MGS2 makes snake much more of a ideal character due to seeing him from another perspective which is raiden's.
This is an interesting idea, and the allusion makes it compelling, but this is my view essentially:
That doesn't really make much sense. If you're playing Fake Snake, where is the real one for us to see the downfall of...? Wouldn't be much of a view if he's only in the background.
One of the big goals of MGSV as a whole seems to be to have the player empathize with Big Boss, and ultimately internalize his guilt. I don't see how that can happen from the perspective of an entirely different character.

Holykael1

Banned

He went full beastmode alright. This is the funniest thing I've read all day.

Alienous

Snakes shadow in GZ is bald. Skull face is bald.

"Played us like a damn fiddle"

This line is symbolic. The Devil plays a fiddle. 'The Devil makes work for idle hands'. Which hands are more idle than those that have been in a 9 year coma? Or think that they are? What if the coma was a farce? Who can defeat Big Boss? Only Big Boss. What if Big Boss is kidnapped prior to Ground Zeroes, and brainwashed? Is such a thing even possible?

Skull Face is Big Boss, after waking up from a false coma. The Big Boss in Ground Zeroes is Solidus Snake from the future. Kaz ... ugh, you know what, I can't even be bothered.

JayEH

This line is symbolic. The Devil plays a fiddle. 'The Devil makes work for idle hands'. Which hands are more idle than those that have been in a 9 year coma? Or think that they are? What if the coma was a farce? Who can defeat Big Boss? Only Big Boss. What if Big Boss is kidnapped prior to Ground Zeroes, and brainwashed? Is such a thing even possible?

Skull Face is Big Boss, after waking up from a false coma. The Big Boss in Ground Zeroes is Solidus Snake from the future. Kaz ... ugh, you know what, I can't even be bothered.

You're pretty good. Seriously, if you kept going you might have reached the godlike status of beastmode.

beastmode

So, basically, skull face is a manifestation of Zero's patriot AI years before he even created the patriot AI.

ohhh.png
Well, the original devil fostering around the founding fathers up through George Sears. In Solidus' case, literally. That was probably Cipher's intent, to resurrect George Washington in a Big Boss clone. See: Mt. Snakemore on Outer Haven.

Holykael1

Banned

Like a damn fiddle indeed.

So, basically, skull face is a manifestation of Zero's patriot AI years before he even created the patriot AI.

ohhh.png
Well in terms of my theory, it's the opposite. The AIs in the Peace Walker project had the same names as the Patriot ones so... I'm thinking Skull Face and Strangelove actually got ahold of Zeke from Huey/MSF and the AIs were repurposed for Skull Face's weapon to surpass Metal Gear, but then that weapon will be destroyed in Phantom Pain by Big Boss and it's procured from Zero and the Patriots who use it for their AI network.

Then perhaps just like the Boss's persona inhabited Peace Walker, perhaps Zero didn't account for the fact that the AIs maybe had Skull Face's will inside of them which is why they deviate from his will and cause all the series problems after he becomes a vegetable. Basically my theory is that the AI's may secretly have carried out Skull Face's will, making JD a kind of digital Skull Face. You could even say Skull Face is kind of a living John Doe in how they're playing up his mysterious identity and how he has no language, no name, no face... and he's a "ghost without a past".

Big Boss himself is kind of a "John" Doe, which becomes his coma coffin later. And Skull Face quotes Big Boss on two ocassions "Nothing to be ashamed of, pain gets the better of us all" and "Chico, growing up means choosing how you're going to live your life." I'm just spitballing here but maybe they're the two phantoms, the two john does, born from "FOX" (Zero)?

Hurley

Ground zeroes was a simulation with Solidus. The x-ray targeting, odd zoom in with robotic sound, the end credits where the timeline jumps to 2002 and says camp x-ray is established with enemy combatants..the soldier you find in the anti air side mission says this place is full of enemy combatants.

I have no idea where I'm going with this.

beastmode

Guys what if Operation Snake Eater was Cipher's way of trying to stamp out other Philosophers? The Boss says she is loyal to the "end" in quotes. What if The End made a pact with Code Talker (an Indian shaman relative of hers, everyone knows that all Indians are shamans) to be summoned if Cipher had the Cobras killed? Code Talker then puts The End into Skull Face's plaything Chico->Quiet, making Sniper Wolf. Ocelot (the new Joy) is actually rounding up the old gang.

Edit: Ocelot has Kaz's arm and leg, he's using Kaz as a double agent within FOXHOUND. The reason he says Solid Snake is "his" doppelganger is because after MGS2 Cipher found out about the limbs and had them removed. That explains the two eggs becoming one in Sunny's Shadow Moses clip.

Wonder what the MGSV thread's doing right now
Guys what if Operation Snake Eater was Cipher's way of trying to stamp out other Philosophers? The Boss says she is loyal to the "end" in quotes. What if The End made a pact with Code Talker (an Indian shaman relative of hers, everyone knows that all Indians are shamans) to be summoned if Cipher had the Cobras killed? Code Talker then puts The End into Skull Face's plaything Chico->Quiet, making Sniper Wolf. Ocelot (the new Joy) is actually rounding up the old gang.

i4JLHDe2nU6FC.gif

Alienous

Does Ocelot ever know who his mother is?

That could be interesting to see in The Phantom Pain.
"You killed my momma, I love you so much Jack"

Holykael1

Banned

That could be interesting to see in The Phantom Pain.
"You killed my momma, I love you so much Jack"

It's the boss, Ocelot is the offspring of the boss and the sorrow. Ocelote knew atleast by the time MGS 4 happened.
Also guys I think Kojima is done with plot twist heavy storytelling much to my distaste, just look at peace walker.

beastmode

It's the boss, Ocelot is the offspring of the boss and the sorrow. Ocelote knew atleast by the time MGS 4 happened.
Also guys I think Kojima is done with plot twist heavy storytelling much to my distaste, just look at peace walker.
Have you thought about the "jokey" elements of MGS4? There's clearly four genetics experiments referenced. He didn't use the MGS4 ending song to begin GZ for no reason.
The song is about Kaz and Ocelot. The father's sin was raping a drugged Boss during WWII or something.

I've actually wondered this. I imagine in later life he found out, with him ending up being the smartest damn character in the whole series, but not sure if he knew in Snake Eater.
I actually missed all the hints that Ocelot was her son as well so was mindblown when I found out.

Actually, did she know?

Betty

Banned
Have you thought about the "jokey" elements of MGS4? There's clearly four genetics experiments referenced. He didn't use the MGS4 ending song to begin GZ for no reason.
The song is about Kaz and Ocelot. The father's sin was raping a drugged Boss during WWII or something.

I know you're doing a thing or whatever, but the song is about Paz & Chico but also Snake & Kaz, Kojima said as much during his commentary of the opening scene.

Top Bottom