• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV: THE PHANTOM PAIN - E3 2014 Trailer (jp) [up: English]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Pretty good stuff.

mgs_v__the_only_thing_remains____by_kimi_the_sioux-d7m1kwx.jpg

Chaplain

I doubt he will show much....wish he would just release the full 30 minute demo for download but I guess that won't happen..

It probably won't happen until Kojima is ready for GAF Quality Assurance to analyze the demo and find all the bugs that Konami QA missed.

Kaljinyu

@HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN

I shall ask Tan if he's available Thursday to show off.

OH HELL YES!

Was this spur of the moment, or what? Did Kojima just decide that night "You know what? I'm gonna use my authority as director to call in this favor and put up this video. Just because I can." The way it's worded, it sounds like Kojima wasn't going to at first, but then decided that he would, in that moment. And all it takes is a phone call on Thursday.

That's Japan Thursday, right? As in, America Wednesday?

Shredderi

I know they won't show the full gameplay segment that was shown behind closed doors but damn that would make my day. Those who have seen it seem to be pretty impressed by it.

Sn4ke_911

No I refuse to get hyped. It's just going to be him talking about Dune for 50 minutes!

Well it's your fault when you got excited for this in the first place. I posted it multiple times, Kojima said this gameplay will be very very slightly. But for the Kojima Station episode this thursday we can expect a longer gameplay demo.

maybe 3 minutes instead of 2 :p

Jindrax

Well it's your fault when you got excited for this in the first place. I posted it multiple times, Kojima said this gameplay will be very very slightly. But for the Kojima Station episode this thursday we can expect a longer gameplay demo.

maybe 3 minutes instead of 2 :p

BROTHEEEUUUUUURRRRRRR

you're making my hype levels go up!!!!

Sn4ke_911

We pull in money, recruits, just to combat Kojima. Rubbing our noses in bloody battlefield dirt, all for revenge!

tumblr_mm41sfMIhE1s3c183o1_400.gif

This gif is so freakin awesome.

Edit: oh it's not the complete gif, at least my phone doesn't show it.

Tan won't be available.

Alternative scenario: Tan will be available, he''ll play the demo for 4 mins but then will get a headache and Kojima will shout "FOX-DIE". After that, moving on to next segment with movie discussion and Venom Snake figurines.

i'm really surprised how much the MGS4 installing stuff was given a pass, that shit was terrible.

I was always under the impression that MGS4 handled installs the way it originally did because of restrictions placed on game developers by Sony (only allowing a certain amount of data to be installed for an individual game), not because of any incompetence on Konami's part.

Zambatoh

I was always under the impression that MGS4 handled installs the way it originally did because of restrictions placed on game developers by Sony (only allowing a certain amount of data to be installed for an individual game), not because of any incompetence on Konami's part.

I got this impression back then too, since no game I played, at the time, would install no more then 5 or 6 gigs.

This changed abruptly a year or two after MGS4's release. Suddenly games were doing 8-10GB installs. In fact MGS4's patch update kicked it up to that amount as well.

NYR94

Stahp.

No but seriously a delay will probably happen since we haven't seen jackshit of Metal Gear Online. I mean WTF where is it???

I hope that if they finish The Phantom Pain before MGO, they'll go ahead and release TPP with a download code to get MGO at a later time. I don't want to see the main game delayed because the multiplayer isn't ready. They did that with GTA V.

Jindrax

Mehhhh MGO...

The idea was cool. I made a super cool looking PMC dude. Then I wanted to change his clothes. Not enough points. So I went to play online. Kept getting wooped by guys sprinting and CQCing me :(

Spaghetti

i don't think this will slip to 2016 at all. late 2015 at the very worst.

the game is probably further along than we think. if it follows ground zeroes in terms of what stage of development they reveal content, it'll be out somewhere between march and november next year.

gz -
(metal gear event 2012/pax prime) - reveal
(september 2013) - hands-off press demo
(tgs 2013) - media blowout, public demonstration
(feb 2014) - review event in nasu
(march 2014) - release

tpp -
(vgas 2012) - the phantom pain reveal
(gdc 2013) - metal gear solid v: the phantom pain reveal
(e3 2013) - gameplay demonstration
(feb 2014) - game informer preview
(e3 2014) - hands-off press demo

if we get a similar run through of tpp at tgs that we had for gz last year, you can bet the game isn't that far off releasing.

Batzi

Banned

the game is probably further along than we think. if it follows ground zeroes in terms of what stage of development they reveal content, it'll be out somewhere between march and november next year.

gz -
(march 2014) - release

tpp -

if we get a similar run through of tpp at tgs that we had for gz last year, you can bet the game isn't that far off releasing.

yea except TPP is 200x bigger than GZ

NCell

gz -
(march 2014) - release

tpp -

But why would they launch GZ if TPP was so close?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom