• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 Trademark And Rumor Round-Up [Up8: Xbox Live Diamond, Kinect Disneyland]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jagowar

Neuromancer said:
What do they mean, in less than 2 days?

They are having the big windows phone 7 event tomorrow.... a bunch of new features will be shown off. We might get the gaming demo's then but I think they will save that for e3 since there is already quite a bit to show off tomorrow with the mango update.

I like Kinect, and I look forward to seeing what else is coming, but that word features way to often on this list.

Where is my Mechwarrior reboot informations?!?

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
I don't think this qualifies, but the Sega Vintage Collection 3 (the Wonder Boy/Monster World focused set) has been announced for Wii (for what's not already up there) and PSN.. and traditionally Sega has put these on XBLA and Steam as well, so maybe it could be part of an XBLA roundup or Sega will announce it on their own or something.

I was hoping this year's conference would be heavier on the games, and lighter on the Kinect... But it seems like I was only deluding myself. Le sigh.

jagowar said:
They are having the big windows phone 7 event tomorrow.... a bunch of new features will be shown off. We might get the gaming demo's then but I think they will save that for e3 since there is already quite a bit to show off tomorrow with the mango update.
Oh I see, thanks.

Atomski

Although I hope they don't go all out Kinect, I do hope they give me a reason to want mine. Collecting lots of dust.

KAL2006

Banned
Nirolak said:
I would make them, but unfortunately, I know very few rumors for either Sony or Nintendo.

For Sony I know quite a few
Dontnod Entertainment a new studio are commissioned by Sony to make a new action adventure IP, they are confirmed to be attending E3
WipeOut Trinity and WipeOut 2048 have been trademarked
NGP rumor launch line up consists of Uncharted, Smart As, Modnation, WipeOut and Resistance
Zindagi are working on a new Move game (creators of Sports Champions)
Santa Monica are working on a new game rumored to be GoW4
MediaMolecule working on NGP game
Sucker Punch are confirmed to be making a new IP
Quantic Dreams are making 2 new IPs for PS3
Guerilla Games are working on a new IP for PS3
Bluepoint Studios are rumored to be working on another HD collection other than ICO
Tarsier Studios are working on a PSN game

BY2K

Membero Americo
If those Fusion games are Kinect games, it's gonna be another lame MS conference (unless those Kinect games are so awesome.)

EDIT: You know what, even if those Fusion games aren't Kinect games, it's gonna be disappointing.

alphaNoid

Banned
More Kinect games? Sweet! Bring on round 2, I want to see better interaction now that developers have had real time with the SDK and not rushed to get something out at launch. Star Wars Kinect? Sign me the fuck up.

Also, Crimson Alliance? Anything about Crimson Skys?

Rad-

Nothing against more Kinect games but there better be something traditional too. Wouldn't mind if they did one of those XBLA trailers again either.

Edit: But seriously, that's a lot of Kinect game rumours. MS really pushing it.

KAL2006

Banned
What I want to see from Kinect is able to track equipment, for example for a Tennis game I want to scan it and be able play the game using my own racket.

KAL2006

Banned
Neuromancer said:
I'm not too crazy about Gears but I'd be up for some on rail shooters, a House of the Dead: Overkill style game would be awesome.

I wouldn't mind either just as long as I don't have to point my hand like a gun
kevinbutler.gif

But seriously, if I had to choose between a choice of 20 Kinect games that are casual/on rails/mini games or only 5 hardcore games, then I would choose the 5 hardcore games anyday. I know folks say "stop complaining about Gears on Rails, you get Gears 3 anyway", but the problem with this is it is obvious MS are using their developers and budget on Kinect games, if they didn't do this, who knows we could've got more hardcore games.

FrankT

supererogatorysuperannuation

Spanish developer Virtual Toys (Petz: Horsez 2) working on first-party Kinect game for Microsoft— http://j.mp/ixAQHk | http://j.mp/kqNf9z

33 minutes agoFavoriteRetweetReply

supererogatorysuperannuation

Guessing that Virtual Toys game will also be at E3.

To be clear;

New first-party Kinect game revealed via artist's resume
Monday 23-May-2011 4:49 PM Virtual Toys dev crafting game for 2011 release

Family friendly Spansish developer Virtual Toys is making a new Kinect title, to be published by Microsoft Games Studios.

Twitter-based Google maestro superannuation spotted the unannounced game on an environment artist's portfolio. It's down for release this year.

Superannuation's money is on an E3 reveal. We're chasing Microsoft for comment

http://www.oxm.co.uk/28710/news/new-first-party-kinect-game-revealed-via-artists-resume/

Rad- said:
Nothing against more Kinect games but there better be something traditional too. Wouldn't mind if they did one of those XBLA trailers again either.

Most of this list could have been put together awhile go save some of these Kinect IPs popping up from last week or so. Anyhow I would like to see at least one or two new traditional core games as well with the Kinect stuff, but have my doubts at this point. I do think we will see something on the HW side too as I've said that for awhile. Be it a price cut or new SKUs or perhaps even both.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Sikamikanico said:
I like Kinect, and I look forward to seeing what else is coming, but that word features way to often on this list.

Where is my Mechwarrior reboot informations?!?
I'm guessing they didn't find a publisher for that.

I'm surprised that their conference was leaked, they usually keep that stuff under wraps.

The only announcement that I like is the Alan Wake game and the CE remake, Forza and all that Kinect stuff I'm not at all interested in.

OverHeat

« generous god »
upJTboogie said:
I'm surprised that their conference was leaked, they usually keep that stuff under wraps.

The only announcement that I like is the Alan Wake game and the CE remake, Forza and all that Kinect stuff I'm not at all interested in.

What leak??? its only rumors at the moment.

alphaNoid

Banned
Forgot about Forza 4, my wheel & 5.1 setup is waiting
3AQmK.gif

Well, since Trenched is there, together with some third party stuff, you might as well add Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster, The Gunstringer, Undead Labs' Class3, Flight, Age of Empires Online, Fire-Pro Wrestling and Toy Soldiers: Cold War. There's more (XCOM, Tribes: Ascend, Hybrid, FEZ, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, Spelunky...), but including every upcoming (console/temporary) exclusive might be an overkill.

Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster will likely be there, as well as Ubisoft's PowerUp Heroes. Also Gamestop recently listed 4 Majesco games in the Kinect section which have since been taken down:

Monsters: Mass Destruction, out September 1st
Left Brain Right Brain, out October 3rd
Harley Pasternak’s Hollywood Trainer, out September 1st
Over the Top Wrestling, out October 3rd

GameBasement list MotionSports - Adrenaline, a sequel to Ubisoft's Kinect launch titles MotionSports.

Feindflug

Rad- said:

Yeah the Kinect line-up looks absolutely crazy and full of stuff, it's the traditional games that are nowhere to be found and that's somewhat worrying to be honest.

Let's hope that MS will surprise us in a good way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom