• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft hiring for Horizon Zero Dawn-like game, maybe by Playground (Forza Horizon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doffen

If Spencer/Microsoft was smart, they would get Playground Games new open world IP to be an exclusive for them and for them to use the world of Forza Horizon 3. Wouldn't mind some kind of awesome open world game in Australia. Plus, it would be an excellent starting point since the world would be pretty much setup already. At least, this is what I would try to do if I was Spencer/Microsoft.

Nah. That world is designed for a racing game.

Megatron

I love Horizon. It's my number 2 game of the year after Zelda. But let's not pretend it's some beacon of originality. It rides many tropes of games/movies that came before.

jaypah

Holy shit, reading a bit of the last few pages this thread is a fucking dumpster fire. The fuck is wrong with some of y'all? Man, this forum has gotten more and more toxic this gen (I guess we also have more members than ever) but threads just devolve into pure puke-fests and it goes completely unchecked now, regardless of platform. Shit is gross lol.

My baby is awake so I'm out. Happy Father's Day to the Pops in GAF. This is my first one so I'm off to get some snuggles and good vibes 😙😊

In no way is this posting a reaction from MS to Horizon. Jesus.

Exactly. People need to cut it out with the nonsense. All kinds of games have influences in some form or another from another game. They just take what works for them and then apply it in whatever way they feel best works for the type of game they're trying to make. In no way can that single job listing be assumed to mean that they're flat out looking to copy every element of Horizon Zero Dawn. The attitudes also assume that Horizon somehow invented every element of what made up its overall game design. What is unique is the world and the story they are telling, just as I'm sure Playground's title would try to be.

EmiPrime

If Spencer/Microsoft was smart, they would get Playground Games new open world IP to be an exclusive for them and for them to use the world of Forza Horizon 3. Wouldn't mind some kind of awesome open world game in Australia. Plus, it would be an excellent starting point since the world would be pretty much setup already. At least, this is what I would try to do if I was Spencer/Microsoft.

I love FH3 but that world only works within the racing genre.

Izuna

Banned
I played he intro on the Pro.

Apparently the combat gets white a bit better but it didn't grab me. Narrative based games never do tbh, unless the setting is incredible and specific to my tastes.

I had consistently said since its reveal that the gameplay wouldn't be for me.

So I'm not very excited for whatever this new title will be.

I just want my scalebound.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I played he intro on the Pro.

Apparently the combat gets white a bit better but it didn't grab me. Narrative based games never do tbh, unless the setting is incredible and specific to my tastes.

I had consistently said since its reveal that the gameplay wouldn't be for me.

So I'm not very excited for whatever this new title will be.

I just want my scalebound.
Was Scalebound not going to be narrative based?

GlamFM

Banned
:( this is why juniors get bad names. only contribution ia driveby trolling smh

This thread is a good example of how your membership status says nothing about the quality of your posts.

Juniors can be awesome, juniors can be horrible - just like everyone else ;)

This thread is a good example of how your membership status says nothing about the quality of your posts.

Juniors can be awesome, juniors can be horrible - just like everyone else ;)
that's true, i just wish we could have an discussion on finding out what this project could be or who's developing it instead of post like that

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
seriously, that the mere mention of a Sony IP in a third party recruitment pitch for an MS studio inspires this level of vitriol is disturbing. This is why you can't have nice things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom