• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft marketing push for Xbox One has started

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Y9yvj4Z.jpg

from reddit: "So this came to my school today..."

Edit: new thread for it - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=690261

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
ah geez, if the sun shine in the game wasn't distracting enough.

Shine some glare on your monitor while looking at that image and I think we're up to 4 levels of "Yo dawg" recursion.

(glare on your monitor -> glare on their monitor -> glare in the game -> Xbox One in your SUV: the math checks out)

UNCMark

Banned
This satisfies my lifelong dream of owning a super-sweet headset.

That couldnt be more american if it tried. I know it is and its for america but you know what i mean.

As opposed to the European version of the ad which just gives up half way thru and admits the PS4 wins? I'm kidding! Too soon?

kiguel182

I love how amazed he is that the console comes with an hdmi-cable lol

But it is kinda cool that they are saying specs for a video aimed at kids, I wasn't expecting that. And no "Minecraft is coming to this too, in hd" kind of deal.

So is ok for this forums then

Out of curiosity, what do you think is the target audience?

He simply means the target audience of the toys r us ad which would be unsuspecting parents looking to buy their kids the hot ticket item

So not many gaffers then I imagine

I doubt though when all is said and done that the XB1 will become the standard gift to get young kids considering the price and the competition

nib95

Banned
He simply means the target audience of the toys r us ad which would be unsuspecting parents looking to buy their kids the hot ticket item

So not many gaffers then I imagine

I doubt though when all is said and done that the XB1 will become the standard gift to get young kids considering the price and the competition

Fair enough, I suppose that makes sense. Though I'd imagine $500 is an awful lot for an impulse gift buy from a parent to a child.

Edit: your edit tagged in just before I could see it :p But yea, I agree.

Fair enough, I suppose that makes sense. Though I'd imagine $500 is an awful lot for an impulse gift buy from a parent to a child.

Agreed

Imagine follow up posts will claim the fact that kids these days get ipads

I would argue though an ipad has a lot more general usablitly than an XB1 which would appeal to a parent I imagine

Edit: haha as did yours

nib95

Banned
Agreed

Imagine follow up posts will claim the fact that kids these days get ipads

I would argue though an ipad has a lot more general usablitly than an XB1 which would appeal to a parent I imagine

Ipads are also less expensive in the long term as games and apps are substantially less costly. Console games being $60 a pop, with the Gold subscription on top just takes it in to further high end luxury territory. I'd imagine the XO will have similar teething issues to the PS3 as far as sales go. Maybe not at launch, but during the first year till the first major price drop.

It's still there.

You've seen it too?

Thank god

I thought I had gone crazy

I was the only person to verify it on Gaf when it originally popped and I honestly started doubting myself

Live down south in Mountain View so only saw it in passing one weekend in SF

Redshirt

Banned
Another advantage the iPad has over the XB1 and PS4 is that parents upgrade and pass down their older model. I'm only an uncle and have upgraded with each iPad gen and passed my old pad onto one of the kids in my family.

Nevertheless, I don't think $400/$500 is far-fetched for a Christmas gift. My parents weren't rich and I got "big" gifts like the Aquarius, Atari 2600 and C64, which I think are comparable.

Hawk269

Edit: your edit tagged in just before I could see it :p But yea, I agree.

You have no clue as to what parents buy and how much they spend. Parents easily go into Toys R Us, Wal-Mart, Target and spend 400-800 on powered ride on toys without hesitations. These same parents in years past were buy $400 consoles or back when the PS3 came out $600 consoles.

GhaleonEB

There's an expression from politics that fits here: if you're the one explaining, you're losing. Months later Microsoft is still combating the horrific first impressions people have of the system. They will dissipate over time but it's telling they're still trying to correct their messaging.

There's an expression from politics that fits here: if you're the one explaining, you're losing. Months later Microsoft is still combating the horrific first impressions people have of the system. They will dissipate over time but it's telling they're still trying to correct their messaging.
kfHcfDq.png

Top Bottom