• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft moving full ahead on next gen console.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mansoor1980

Gold Member
they want to replicate the 360 era success
early launch etc
maybe a GTA6 money hat
maxresdefault.jpg

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
wtf, feels like the gen just barely started. :goog_relieved:

Skifi28

The "most powerful console" thing has never really worked for them, maybe hardware is not the issue? Yet it's what they keep focusing on. You launched a new generation early, cool, how does that solve the issue of your consoles not selling?

Edit: when you jump too early, I'd say you also risk alienating your existing fans that might feel it's too soon for new hardware.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Sony is already working on the PS6. The Pro is something to extend the life of the PS5 and drive more revenue. They aren't gonna ditch the PS5 because unlike Xbox that's a total failure the PS5 is still selling very well.
They don’t need to ditch the PS5. There will never be a generation cutoff again. Crossgen will be around until game streaming takes over.

Ozriel

M$FT
The "most powerful console" thing has never really worked for them, maybe hardware is not the issue? Yet it's what they keep focusing on. You launched a new generation early, cool, how does that solve the issue of your consoles not selling?

When did they launch a new generation early?

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is the very definition of insanity.

At some point they have to realize that this "most powerful console" shit isn't working for them, right?

I don't think the solution is to launch a weaker console than the competition.

Last edited:

yazenov

Yay? Sales threads are going to be extremely fun again. It's no fun when it's a one-way traffic. I hope they can put up a fight this time :messenger_grinning_sweat:

kevm3

We haven't even got off of cross-gen games and they already want to launch a new console? Nah. I feel the same way about that PS5 pro as well.

tmlDan

this thread title and article is acting like new news? its old ass news lol

Also, nothing in that article says they're going full steam ahead with a new gen (early) lol

They've been using "game preservation" or "backwards compatibility" as a talking point for the series consoles lol

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
It isn't. The solution is better games.

Their problem has never been about hardware.
Yep. The Xbox has always been an attractive product each generation.

The issue this gen more than ever is no killer apps.

At least back when it was Halo, Forza, Gears, and Fable you had 4 good reasons to own one even if a PlayStation or PC was your main platform.

They needed to keep the momentum on those IPs while just injecting more to grow a real portfolio.

Darsxx82

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is the very definition of insanity.

At some point they have to realize that this "most powerful console" shit isn't working for them, right?
What hasn't helped them is having the less powerful console....(Remenber XBO)

Yes, having the most powerful hardware does not guarantee anything, but helps or at least doesn't hurt. Especially when 90% of the console catalog is multiplatform.

Drell

We saw how it went for Sega with the Dreamcast...

Well the only difference here is that MS can do that again and again and again thanks to their inifnite money. Let's see when Satiya or whoever is the CEO will get tired of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom