• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Store BF deals are LIVE! Update: Bunch of games $10

Retail > digital

Not really. These aren't digital sales because Microsoft can't control the number of people buying them when they're digital. Now they can put up 100 copies of Dragons Dogma for 10 bucks and get tons of hits to their website from people that are going to be disappointed that it sold out, but now they're at the website possibly buying something else.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Not really. These aren't digital sales because Microsoft can't control the number of people buying them when they're digital. Now they can put up 100 copies of Dragons Dogma for 10 bucks and get tons of hits to their website from people that are going to be disappointed that it sold out, but now they're at the website possibly buying something else.

That might be true for a few of the titles, but not all of them. Forza Horizon, for example, has been $15 for a couple days now; and while it's dropped out of stock a couple times, it keeps popping back up. I'm sure they've sold at least several thousand copies at that price.

And even still, I think you underestimate how many copies they're putting up. Between Slickdeals, CAG, and forums like ours; having those 10 games up for more than a couple hours - regardless of time of day - during this holiday weekend means they most likely had a few thousand to go around.

Lastly, the B&M MS stores match these prices, so if you have one nearby, you still haven't missed out.

Nevermind the fact you can trade them in if you want or let a friend borrow them or give them to a sibling when you're done.

I have nearly 300 Steam games; I love the deals and I love Steam. But in a lot of cases, I still believe retail is better for the consumer than digital. And I do believe digital will only get worse, unfortunately, as retail begins to evaporate.

/off-topic

In any case, though... great deals all around! I grabbed Forza earlier, and there are a few I'd like if they bounce back in stock; but honestly, I already have most of those that I'd want.

Miffed about missing out on Skyrim and ME3, but at least I got this just now:

AMr7y.jpg

eshwaaz

A word of caution: I ordered two $9.99 games this morning, but they rang up at full price on my email receipt. I called MS and spent so damn long working it out that one of the games had sold out in the meantime.

Jhoan

A word of caution: I ordered two $9.99 games this morning, but they rang up at full price on my email receipt. I called MS and spent so damn long working it out that one of the games had sold out in the meantime.
Thanks for the heads up. I just checked my email. They honered The Witcher 2 at 10 bucks.

Sydle

Thanks for the infos. Just checked my 2 orders and they honored the discount prices.

Possibly the best game of the generation. You've done well; really, really well.

I ordered an Alienware m17x laptop two weeks ago and it has yet to arrive, but I thought I'd have my ducks in order before it ships. I also grabbed Sleeping Dogs for $13.60 from GMG a few days ago.
I'm really late to this generation. The last console I did any serious gaming on (aside from my DS Lite) is a PS2. A friend let me borrow his Asus G75 laptop for a few hours, and I got to try TW2. I was blown away, and knew right then and there that I absolutely had to get a gaming laptop of my own.

satori

Im glad a few of these are sold out....wah...ok no im not...fuk I wanted some of these for my awesome back log!!!

Being a medical student, working full time, and having a 3 year old boy leave me little time to play games...therefore I shall become a collector!

Erekiddo

I didn't even see that they showed up as full price on the e-mail receipts. Edit: I'm an idiot. Final price is in the right hand corner. On a cell phone so I had to physically scroll to it.

I placed four seperate orders because I didn't know what was going to be out of stock.

Checked my credit card, and I have four $10 transactions pending. Phew.

That might be true for a few of the titles, but not all of them. Forza Horizon, for example, has been $15 for a couple days now; and while it's dropped out of stock a couple times, it keeps popping back up. I'm sure they've sold at least several thousand copies at that price.

That's the other reason they can't make this a GoD sale. You don't need Capcom's permission to sell Dragon's Dogma retail for 10 dollars. You do if it's on Games on Demand.

RedStep

Yours doesn't show a "Discount" at the very bottom that balanced out the total price? All of mine that I picked up last night (happened to be up around 1am) show up as full price on the detail line, but with a Discount line in the Totals section that removes the balance above $9.99. CC transactions are correct as well.

Really hope these go through...

About to pull the trigger on Shift 2 for $10 - anyone want to talk me out of it? I'm looking for a good racing game, enjoy fun and feeling of speed over "true sim" and customization. Wouldn't like something too arcade-y though.

What else is left that's decent?

Edit: NM, thought Forza Horizon was sold out at $15 but its in stock. Getting that instead.

eshwaaz

Yours doesn't show a "Discount" at the very bottom that balanced out the total price? All of mine that I picked up last night (happened to be up around 1am) show up as full price on the detail line, but with a Discount line in the Totals section that removes the balance above $9.99. CC transactions are correct as well.

Really hope these go through...
No - it worked that way for the orders I placed on the 22nd, but not for the two I ordered today.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Just got Fight Night for 10. How good is it?

~Kinggi~

Banned
I had no idea some of these games would drop this low. M$% is breaking the rules of sales and just not caring, only caring about clearing stock. I bought a bunch of these games on sale when i thought they hit low prices in the 15-30$ range. Makes me sadness.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Apparently, you can get the prices matched in-stores. I'm headed to the mall anyway, so I'll drop by and see what the MS Store in there has.

What's kind of funny is that the b&m employees apparently had no idea about this sale.. At least at the store I went to. Although they are generally pretty clueless when I ask them any gaming related questions.

Monocle

I missed out on the DMC HD collection, Dragon's Dogma, Max Payne 3, and The Amazing Spider-Man for $9.99?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Why wasn't the Microsoft Store in the OT's Black Friday thread? Disappointment total.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I missed out on the DMC HD collection, Dragon's Dogma, Max Payne 3, and The Amazing Spider-Man for $9.99?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Why wasn't the Microsoft Store in the OT's Black Friday thread? Disappointment total.

Sorry I didn't go to off topic forum at all for black friday :|

Ecto311

Question: Does anyone know if the games from the microsoft store come in the same boxes as walmart would sell? My wife got a copy of borderlands 2 at full price and wants to play it now. I got one from this sale and would like to return the one to walmart when it arrives in 3-5 days.

Does this copy coming from this sale have weird UPC or anything that would keep us from returning it to walmart?

Erekiddo

Walmart is pretty good about returns, especially over the holidays. You don't even need a receipt. (If you're okay with store credit)

Sydle

Skyrim and Witcher 2 were gone, plenty of Forza Horizon.

I was surprised how crowded the store was, there were a lot of people in the Xbox section and around Surface.

Top Bottom