• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft: Thanks for your dedication to Xbox: Here is Killer Instinct for free

The issue is, as cool as a free game is, MS's other actions recently have been so despicable that it makes the intention totally transparent.

It's as though I have to pick between two children to leave my house to when I die, and one of them tried to trick me, then tried to blackmail me, then had me beaten up, and when that didn't work they started trying being nice. Am I supposed to be impressed? It's transparent!

Jesus Christ dude. Them console war claws are in deep...

First hoping for bad news and now this...

Nori Chan

Nothing yet for me but it's fine, not expecting much.

4 years
86,000+ Gamerscore
X1 Preorder achievement
Highest XBL reward tier

avaya

Realisation at Redmond that highest ARPU hardcore are flocking to PS4 for multi's and possibly cancelling or minimising Live spend as a result - this would gut their business model totally.

More desperate attempts to come, they will try for more exclusives.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I got nothing, I'm happy for the people who invested all that time in their gamerscore though, seems like that might pay off after all!

Sydle

Realisation at Redmond that highest ARPU hardcore are flocking to PS4 for multi's and possibly cancelling or minimising Live spend as a result - this would gut their business model totally.

Eh, I'm for it. Will just prompt Sony to respond with their own offerings. Ultimately, we win.

mocoworm

I just got the email.

7 years gold
103k Gamerscore
XONE on pre-order but MS don't know that as it's with Amazon
UK

:D

Good times !

That's cool, I guess PS4 gamers will have to settle for:

Blacklight
Warframe
War Thunder
DCUO
Octodad
RESOGUN

.....shame really.

In all seriousness though, this back and forth competition can only be good for gamers regardless of the system...good to see that Microsoft is going to fight this one out.

I'm hoping for more free games.

might have cared if they announced this earlier - maybe like a few weeks ago even - now it just looks like another misguided and desperate attempt at retaining loyalty

There's something similiar going on with Xbox Germany. Some people received an e-mail for a free Fifa 14, a 20 € voucher for XBL and 3 free months of XBL. That's actually a better value than the day 1 console and it doesn't matter if you pre-ordered.

I don't know how these people were selected though.

I haven't received anything and I spent tons of money on the 360.

EDIT: The game and the vouchers will be linked directly to a gamertag so there are no codes to redeem.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
11 years, 20k GS... Canada (beta test)

nothing :(

but I'm buying the fuck out of the game anyways so it don't really matter to me

I think it's ironic that Microsoft is trying to sweeten the deal, and yet is dividing their fan base even further with this. Why not just give this to everyone with an Xbox Live Gold account? I've ready so many comments on here listing their years of service, or dedication to the console, and they have yet to receive anything.

Really strange move Microsoft.

DJ_Lae

I've had Live (on this account) for about 5-6 years and have 98k gamerpoints.

I'm also not getting a One immediately, so I wonder if I can redeem this without one or if it'll just fizzle away.

Conor 419

Banned
Wait wait wait hold up, this free gift is only for certain members? And I didn't get sent an e-mail?

Well Microsoft have gone and fucking done it now

Nzyme32

Anyone from UK got anything yet?

*refreshes inbox*

I wouldn't be surprised if we UK folk saw nothing again. As an owner of a day one original xbox and day one 360 and xbox live subscriber up till 2 years ago, I have seen absolutely nothing in return for loyalty (with the exception of two free games and original burger controller as a rebate for the reduced original xbox price so quickly after launch).

Not that I'm claiming I deserve something, just that I hear these things happening in the US but never the UK. Steam has been quite generous in the past to early users. Has Sony given out things to loyal customers before in Europe?

Conor 419

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if we UK folk saw nothing again. As an owner of a day one original xbox and day one 360 and xbox live subscriber up till 2 years ago, I have seen absolutely nothing in return for loyalty (with the exception of two free games and original burger controller as a rebate for the reduced original xbox price so quickly after launch).

Not that I'm claiming I deserve something, just that I hear these things happening in the US but never the UK. Steam has been quite generous in the past to early users. Has Sony given out things to loyal customers before in Europe?

Nah man, I got 30 microsoft points for my birthday, that's like what, 14p?

Doffen

I don't even know why I bother checking my E-mail. Last time I've got something from Xbox was a reminder that my payment method on Xbox Live was soon to expire.

Gotta love their dedication for Scandinavia.

Edit:

Gamescore: 54017
XBLG: 10 years

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Wait wait wait hold up, this free gift is only for certain members? And I didn't get sent an e-mail?

Well Microsoft have gone and fucking done it now

Well they actually know want to sell the game, they can't give it to everyone. Granted it's unfair but it's not really something to get pissed over dissuade from getting xb1 sure.

Top Bottom