• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft: Thanks for your dedication to Xbox: Here is Killer Instinct for free

D6AMIA6N

Nice gesture, but too little too late. I had uninterrupted Live Gold membership since 2004 and never got shit besides I think Undertow. Cancelled my membership this past September.

cripterion

If it's tied to the gamerscore that's a nice gesture. Can't believe some people still try to spin this as a bad move, really?

I have 83k gamerscore, just checked my email and nothing. Damn getting this for free would have been awesome. Oh well I was going to buy the $20 version anyways.

Also getting burned by Double Helix in the past (SH Homecoming).
Don't worry, pretty sure everyone who has played SH Homecoming feels the same way.

Anyway, this is actually a really smart move by MS - guarantees that a decent amount of people will actually be playing the game at launch and since they got it for free, a good amount of micro transactions will probably occur.

So tired of the Double Helix drive-bys. It's pretty obvious who has been following this game and who hasn't.

I've been following the game. Not impressed.
Haven't played it, however- so final judgment is reserved, but I'm simply going by their past track record, which is piss poor.

Can they prove me wrong? Sure... but being 'rewarded' with this game does nothing for me. Sorry, friend.

Fermbiz

Gold Member
Been a XBL member since the beginning...I have about 60 physical games and about 50 xbla games. I don't care for achievements, only have 20, 505 points...

Got no email :-(

One of my friends just got an email for the console, year of live, and 4 of the MS studios games (Forza, Ryse, Zoo Tycoon, DR) and a year of Xbox music haha

Soulflarz

Banned
nearly a 4 yr account w/ 50000 Achievement Points, dozens of games (nearly <probably over> 100), etc.

...No email
LLShC.gif

*and over $1000 spent on my account+2 360s

Wouldn't mind getting KI for free, but not re-upping XBL for another year while I don't have an Xbox to get it. Plus I'm not keen toward fighters.

Alx

Got nothing. :(
10+ years gold subscription, but only 27K game points, so I suppose I shouldn't expect anything.

UraMallas

Just got it. Suck it, Fulgore haters.

9+ years of Gold
109K Gamerscore
Highest tier of Rewards program
350+ Arcade Games.
Xbox One Preorder

(Worth it?)

Anyone from UK got anything yet?

*refreshes inbox*

I have 2 months free gold.... after my current plan runs out..

I gifted my ps3 to charity... now i'm only on my 360 I got last year (game store reopening after administration...

Don't know if its a sign of the times.. but I can't give away my 360 once I get PS4... as in.. I've been offering my less than a year old.. 360.. and noone wants it... lmao

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The issue is, as cool as a free game is, MS's other actions recently have been so despicable that it makes the intention totally transparent.

It's as though I have to pick between two children to leave my house to when I die, and one of them tried to trick me, then tried to blackmail me, then had me beaten up, and when that didn't work they started trying being nice. Am I supposed to be impressed? It's transparent!

Sydle

No email here, been a Live subscriber for 6 years running and bought hundreds of games. Xbox One Day One edition pre-ordered through Microsoft Store. My gamerscore is low though (not an achievement chaser).

Cool for those who got one.

I've been following the game. Not impressed.
Haven't played it, however- so final judgment is reserved, but I'm simply going by their past track record, which is piss poor.

Can they prove me wrong? Sure... but being 'rewarded' with this game does nothing for me. Sorry, friend.

Maybe haven't followed it close enough. New team of fighting game veterans was formed and put on this game. Impressions from the FGC have been nothing but positive.

Majanew

Banned
I hope it's not for years having Live. :(

My original gamertag that I can no longer use is 8 years, but MS refuses to reset my goddamn password so I can't use it.

Ubersnug

I'm guessing they probably had 'x' amount of free codes to give away and they just chose people at random to give them out to.

Disappointed I never got an email, but heyho, not the end of the world. Happy for those that did though.

bumpkin

Just received this in my inbox. Didn't find any threads about it.

capture0spi0.png

EDIT: I don't know why. I have 7 years of Gold and I have Xbox One preordered achievement. Might be related.
EDIT2: I also have the highest tier on Xbox Live Rewards for achievements unlocked. Might also be related.
I knew there was going to be a "Day One" achievement, but how'd you get the Xbox One Preordered achievement?

Marleyman

Banned
The issue is, as cool as a free game is, MS's other actions recently have been so despicable that it makes the intention totally transparent.

It's as though I have to pick between two children to leave my house to when I die, and one of them tried to trick me, then tried to blackmail me, then had me beaten up, and when that didn't work they started trying being nice. Am I supposed to be impressed? It's transparent!

Jesus man...step away a bit. They reversed things and since have been more transparent about their system, etc than Sony has.

ev0

Dang, 6 year account, 82k score, highest reward tier. Nothin'

Congrats to those who got something though!

Gartooth

Nothing, been a 360 owner since launch, XBL Gold member since '07, and have over 60k in gamerscore. Would have been a nice gesture to get it, but I'm not getting an Xbone at launch anyway. :/

Top Bottom