• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft's E3 conference date is Monday, June 10th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newt

As exciting as Avalanche working on a new Ctackdown might seem, I have a few reservations.

They are great at creating a massive game world, but their gameplay is pretty basic and very repetitive. Not sure if they'd a good suit to a more focused gaming world like Crackdown.

Still, excited to see what it might be. I'm personally hoping for a new IP.

With Ruffian working on a smaller scale, downloadable Crackdown. Lots of potential if they go downloadable.
If it beats Crackdown 2, I'm okay with it. That game was kinda a mess.

Miles X

Thanks! Can't find the reply now ... hmm

Edit - ah found it "Definitely have an announce that noone has guessed yet, let me know after the conference if it was a surprise"

Totally has to be a game, the xbox mini has been discussed loads.

Or, maybe they're making Multilayer free on Xbox 360 :p

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
If it beats Crackdown 2, I'm okay with it. That game was kinda a mess.

I think it kind of needs some new thinking with the third game.

I know Ruffian didn't have a lot of time but it'd be nice to make a clean break. Still a lot of interesting stuff that can be done with a superpowered protagonist in an open world.

As exciting as Avalanche working on a new Ctackdown might seem, I have a few reservations.

They are great at creating a massive game world, but their gameplay is pretty basic and very repetitive. Not sure if they'd a good suit to a more focused gaming world like Crackdown.

Still, excited to see what it might be. I'm personally hoping for a new IP.

With Ruffian working on a smaller scale, downloadable Crackdown. Lots of potential if they go downloadable.

Hmm, you have a point. It's possible it's not Crackdown at all of course and that Ruffian were bluffing under NDA. A new IP from Avalanche would be amazing, or even just JC3.

We'll see Crackdown at E3, of that I'm sure. It's one of the few games that I can honestly say I wouldn't mind if it's a new installment or an Anniversary of the original, just inject it into my veins.

Miles X

I just can't agree. It was lacking in some areas compared to the first, but it excelled in so many more. Co-op, new powers, the wing suit, orb chasing, etc.

It was great.

Even if the general consensus is that it was poor, it was made using C1 assets and had a very short dev time. Given the right tools, support and time, Ruffian would make an incredible Crackdown 3.

daebo

I just can't agree. It was lacking in some areas compared to the first, but it excelled in so many more. Co-op, new powers, the wing suit, orb chasing, etc.

It was great.

If MS releases a mini 360 for 100 bucks, I'll have to buy it and the 2nd one. I loved the first game - but refused to buy another 360 after my 3rd one crashed, so I never got a chance to play the 2nd one.

I'm just all out excited for all conferences on monday. So glad i took it and tuesday off.

FrankT

Ohh I missed this tweet by Phil;

@HugodrAndrade E3 show is all games but we'll still have more exclusives to announce post E3. I expect GamesCom to be a good event.

Looking forward to that.

Fairly sure the old mini will happen. They need to make it disc based though for it to have real return. Especially has some form for BC.

Another 25 million would take a mini and price drop. Wish they would drop it next week like the slim.

Newt

It was great.
Yeah, it was fun and had a lot of new features, but it didn't really feel like it was integrated the best it could have been.

statham

Respawn's game is 1 yr exclusive, which is longer then I thought.

You kind of did this yourself:
image.php

sorry - I just couldn't resist ^^

I did, but I own and use my PS3, Last of Us is going to rock.

Servbot24

Banned
Glad to hear their conference should be all games. Even though I'll likely never buy a One I at least want a cool conference to watch ;P

Servbot24

Banned
I think they want their next huge franchise to be 1st party so they don't have that worry about it going third party.

And I'll believe Titan is going to PS4 when the announcement comes in.

I heard somewhere that they intend for Ryse to be their next big series. For their own sake I hope that's not the case.

Hindle

Banned
I think they want their next huge franchise to be 1st party so they don't have that worry about it going third party.

Yea if the game is huge, MS may get first refusal rights on a sequel.

Bsigg12

The Blizzard one that just got pushed to 2016? If today shows anything, it's that Blizzard won't pick sides because they can maximize revenue on both companies' systems. Sony pulled the exclusive console announcement for Diablo 3, which is as much as saying Microsoft scored the exclusive next gen reveal of FIFA.

statham

By 2015, they may not even bother and just plan for the sequel.

Also Microsoft could moneyhat if it's successful, though by then I doubt they'd need to.
Wait and see if it does Gears numbers and then wrap up exclusivity, or make it so that TitansFall main crowd is on X1, like COD.

Hmm, you have a point. It's possible it's not Crackdown at all of course and that Ruffian were bluffing under NDA. A new IP from Avalanche would be amazing, or even just JC3.

We'll see Crackdown at E3, of that I'm sure. It's one of the few games that I can honestly say I wouldn't mind if it's a new installment or an Anniversary of the original, just inject it into my veins.

Yeah, I think Ruffian did wonders with the limited time they had. Giving them a proper development cycle with adequate resources could see them produce wonders. After all, they had some great ideas in CD2. All they need is the time and resources to fully explore and expand on those ideas.

Even if the general consensus is that it was poor, it was made using C1 assets and had a very short dev time. Given the right tools, support and time, Ruffian would make an incredible Crackdown 3.

Yep, this can't ignored or understated. They produced an incredibly solid game with some fantastic new features, etc in less than 9 months. Sure it used the first game, but they were still able to produce one of the more enjoyable games I've played in co-op this gen.

If MS releases a mini 360 for 100 bucks, I'll have to buy it and the 2nd one. I loved the first game - but refused to buy another 360 after my 3rd one crashed, so I never got a chance to play the 2nd one.

I'm just all out excited for all conferences on monday. So glad i took it and tuesday off.

If they do announce the mini, I say go for it. Don't go in expecting wonders, keep your expectations in check and PM when you're ready for some co-op action.

Yeah, it was fun and had a lot of new features, but it didn't really feel like it was integrated the best it could have been.

This is true, but they were screwed by MS and the incredibly tight development time. I have no doubts if they were given more time and resources, they'd develop a Crackdown that far exceeds the second and perhaps even the first.

So long as they re-introduce transforming vehicles and some rouge super powered agents.

Izick

The Sony Conference thread seems to enjoy talking about the Xbox One more than the Playstation 4 as of late it seems.

Leflus

Hopefully they got some serious talent.
Nothing mindblowing yet*(like with Corrinne Yu at 343). They've recruited devs from Ubisoft, EA, Crytek, Raven, Blur Studios and Relic.

Double edit:

Found this list on the Internet:
Daniel Orzulak-former Game Designer on Halo Combat Evolved
Martin Raymond-former Ubisoft Game Designer on Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas
Sten Huebler-former Crytek Lead Game Designer on Crysis 2,Lead Level Designer on Crysis 1, and Level Designer on Far Cry
Damien Galipot-former Ubisoft Level Designer on Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and Level Design Technical Director on Splinter Cell Conviction
Mikko Kinnunen-former Bioware Concept Artist on Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3
Heber Alvarado-former Rockstar Character Artist on Max Payne 3,United Front Character Artist on Sleeping Dogs

Xenon

The Sony Conference thread seems to enjoy talking about the Xbox One more than the Playstation 4 as of late it seems.

What do you expect? Sony hasn't said shit since February. They nothing to talking about except the XBO. Hopefully once information gets released from Sony they'll have better things to discuss.

FrankT

Man oh man would I love to see Fallout 4 at this.

Fallout 3 still one of my favorites from this gen. I remember the Surfergirl rumor of PS3 timesd exclusive.

That went boom.

I know there have beens some rumors on this, but if MS manages to pull an exclusive with this it would be another paid dividend.

Izick

Well, I scan each thread for interesting stuff. The Nintendo thread doesn't seem to be clogged up with MSony stuff for the most part, and this thread doesn't have a ton of PS4 stuff either so far. Obviously discussion about the other consoles is going to spill into the threads, but it's more than that.

Not saying there's necessarily anything wrong with it, just something I noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom