• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Middle-earth: Shadow of War |OT| Attempted Mordor

Jintor

If he's dazed by stealth, leg it around the walls and try to get a drop attack in - the wraith sprint can get you some real distance to break LOS.

dude is surrounded by like 10 orcs facing in every direction at all times

this arena sucks ass

Pheace

dude is surrounded by like 10 orcs facing in every direction at all times

this arena sucks ass

And if they lose sight they run back to the center of the ring, I had a ton of problems with mine too there. I'd drop to lowest difficulty for a bit if it keeps being too tough, assuming you aren't playing at the easiest mode already

Jintor

And if they lose sight they run back to the center of the ring, I had a ton of problems with mine too there. I'd drop to lowest difficulty for a bit if it keeps being too tough, assuming you aren't playing at the easiest mode already

Got him. Just had to keep running straight at him and stabbing him before his awareness could trigger

So this is amusing: I'm on Nemesis difficulty. I headed into a region at level 28, saw the fort was a level 272 owned by a 40 Olog warchief with Death Defying. I decided, just out of giggles, to try my luck by myself with no orc captains helping me. I figured I'd get fucking devastated.

...I took the fort. The actual fort-taking was easy enough, but the boss was a monster who nearly one-shot me and had loads of health and kept regenning. I had to dash around being a total bitch with arrows.

Orion514

uh is my nemesis actually intended to be fucking impossible in the arena bit? I am level 8, he is level 18, and he is a defender class (so invincible to front attacks), has vault breaker, no instant-kill weaknesses, and i barely do any damage to him at all in any event. He's dazed by carragors and stealth, but he also instant-kills carragors if you attack him from the front, which is just fantastic considering how garbage they are to ride. Holy crap. It doesn't help my fucking game is still HITCHING every minute or so

Are you playing on PC? I was also having hitching. I installed the latest Nvidia Drivers and the hitching got worse. I ended up changing to Fullscreen mode, and the hitching is gone now.

jdmonmou

I played this game for a couple of hours and it's just OK for me. Perhaps I have to continue on a bit more before it hooks me, but I find everything about this game to be unnecessarily complicated at the moment.

There are so many systems at work here, so many things to do on the map, so many tutorial boxes, etc. The combat is still pretty fun but I think it's getting a bit stale to be honest, since this is the same attack/counter combat system we've had since Batman Arkham Asylum. But the game looks and runs great on PC.

I'll keep playing but I don't know if this is a game I'll be motivated to finish when there are better games to be played.

Kaversmed

I played this game for a couple of hours and it's just OK for me. Perhaps I have to continue on a bit more before it hooks me, but I find everything about this game to be unnecessarily complicated at the moment.

There are so many systems at work here, so many things to do on the map, so many tutorial boxes, etc. The combat is still pretty fun but I think it's getting a bit stale to be honest, since this is the same attack/counter combat system we've had since Batman Arkham Asylum. But the game looks and runs great on PC.

I'll keep playing but I don't know if this is a game I'll be motivated to finish when there are better games to be played.

I felt the same as you, but now I’m at Act 2 and the hooks are officially in. Building an army is pretty damn compelling.

Definitely keep playing. I thought the same early on, but all those systems really come together and I'm starting to enjoy the game a ton about 12 hours in. This game is really quite good. The online stuff is seriously cool and super fun.

Is the first shelob memory meant to cutout within seconds?

Yeah you have to find them all to get the whole picture.

But how would you know, do you remember every single orc you’ve killed? I mean, I really can’t tell most of the orcs apart.

The very first orc that killed me, was promoted. Hunted him down and killed him. I swear I fought him like 6 times after that until I decapitated him. Haven't seen him again.

Staf

I'm only in the prologue (i think) but i really wish you could skip the cutscenes. The gameplay is really fun but couldn't care less about Talion or the world of Lord of the rings. I'm usually a story > gameplay kind of guy but not with this game.

Kaversmed

They tell you most of the time when you see them again.

I’ve played for 12 hours now and only had one guy outright telling me that I’ve killed him before. Others were more vague about it but since I couldn’t remember them it didn’t really impact me. Only thing memorable about the nemesis system so far was a guy I’d recruited who suddenly turned on me. Kept shaming him until he was level 4 but he still wouldn’t let me recruit him again. Needless to say he no longer wears his head on his neck. xD

mazillion

I think I'm probably going to end up binding the Cheat Engine speedhack to a key so I can fast forward through those long stories every time you see a captain. They're interesting now but I'm definitely going to sick of seeing them.

About how long is it taking people to beat this? Thinking about doing red box for the weekend

I don't think you'll be able to beat the game in one weekend. Maybe you could rent it for this weekend and rent it again the next weekend if you liked it.

Damn i wish i had some kind of similar service in my country.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Gotta be honest, finding the game a bit dull, not sure what act I'm in

I've met
Gollum

Andodalf

Banned
Holy crap!!!

Character spoiler;

RATBAG!

I had already been spoiled about the character being in the game, but it's still great!

wamberz1

Gotta say the final boss of act 1 was great and a very promising start compared to the lasts games godawful ones.
Having to parry all of the Nazghul back to back like a rhythm game was awesome.

Liking this game so far for the most part.. still stuck in Act I I think, can't wait to get to the good stuff.

I just finished following Gollum around killing the assassin. How much longer do I have to go?

As I figure out the controls and combos and what not the game is getting a lot more fun. Did an Online Vendetta or whatever.. that was fun too.

Ran into some funny Orcs & situations so far..

Finally ran into Pash the Agonizer.. oh man. I hope he comes back, I wish I didn't kill him now.

Also, Snafu the Bludgeon.. I'm not dead yet!

So many more fun moments so far. I can't wait to get further.

The story.. ehhhhh. Hopefully it makes more sense as it goes, but I more or less get where it fits into the movies/books. Did they get Andy Serkis to do Gollum? Sounds pretty good.

BigDug13

So I've failed online vendetta missions because the captain runs and as I'm about to catch up to him and random other captains stop me to talk shit. Why does my target get to keep running while I'm being talked to and why can't I skip it somehow to continue my chase? I hate wasting time.

Bread

Banned
I fought a captain named Dush (there was an accent over the u) and it was pronounced "douche"

I went into wraith vision to zoom in on him to hear his name more times than I'd like to admit

RedStep

Ran into this guy too. His voice sounds really, really familiar...

j8kU14U.gif

!

mazillion

Ran into this guy too. His voice sounds really, really familiar...

Hey it's the guy from Silicon Valley!

Although hearing his voice on an orc sounds really out of place, or maybe it's because I can't not picture the actor when I hear the voice.

Edit: Kumail Nanjiani is his name.

Anoxida

Played first two hours at my brother's house. I can totally see myself playing this for 15-20 hrs then getting bored so probably gonna wait for a sale. Unless the game really picks up after a while?

Top Bottom