• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Middle-earth: Shadow of War will now launch worldwide on Oct. 10, 2017.

Moskalova

Middle-earth: Shadow of War expands gameplay in every dimension, including the massive open world, the story, the RPG systems, and personal player stories of the Nemesis System. As with Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, Monolith is committed to delivering the highest quality experience. In order to do this, we have made the difficult decision to move our launch date to ensure that Middle-earth: Shadow of War will deliver on that promise.

We understand that it might be disappointing to have to wait a little longer for the release and are sorry for the delay, but we are working hard to make an amazing game. We’re excited to show more at E3.

- The Middle-earth: Shadow of War Team

**Some territories such as Australia, New Zealand and Japan will have a different release date.

https://community.wbgames.com/t5/Official-Announcements/Middle-earth-Shadow-of-War-will-now-launch-worldwide-on-Oct-10/m-p/1533762#M16

jbug617

Banned
Middle-earth: Shadow of War will now launch worldwide on Oct. 10, 2017**.

Middle-earth: Shadow of War expands gameplay in every dimension, including the massive open world, the story, the RPG systems, and personal player stories of the Nemesis System. As with Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, Monolith is committed to delivering the highest quality experience. In order to do this, we have made the difficult decision to move our launch date to ensure that Middle-earth: Shadow of War will deliver on that promise.

We understand that it might be disappointing to have to wait a little longer for the release and are sorry for the delay, but we are working hard to make an amazing game. We’re excited to show more at E3.

- The Middle-earth: Shadow of War Team

https://community.wbgames.com/t5/Of...ow-launch-worldwide-on-Oct-10/m-p/1533762#M16

Possible delayed for Scorpio launch?

Undrey

I bet WB is happy RDR2 is out of the way.

The delay was probably warranted. Every thread this game had had people saying it didn't look impressive. Might as well take a few extra months to polish it up.

vB9B5.gif

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
My first thought wasn't Scorpio, but rather that they don't have to worry about RDR2 anymore. August was a perfect release date for it though, shame it slipped.

Windam

Scaley member
Aaaaaaaargh it would have been the perfect thing to end the summer with, given that I'll be in summer school until the beginning of August.
Hopefully this means they'll make more copies of the Mithril edition.

Dynomutt

This game won't be able to just slide right in this year. It will have competition for those gamer dollars and mindshare.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
It's totally because RDR2 was delayed. It's a better release window anyway.

Really, I thought August was perfect for a game of it's stature. Everything after Destiny 2 is really going to have to work to stand out.

FHIZ

Had a golden spot on the calendar and now we move into the slaughtering grounds of crazy releases and everyone lacking time to play them. Oh goody.

Zukkoyaki

Oh thank god, August and early September were already crazy packed. Hopefully they also use this time to polish it to a sheen.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Does the story really look all that much better this time around? I haven't followed this game at all because I beat the first one and its story was so bad (IMO) I lost interest in follow-ups, but if there is evidence that they're working on it for Shadow of War, I might start paying more attention. I liked the atmosphere and nemesis systems alright, I'm just very story-driven.

Curufinwe

Does the story really look all that much better this time around? I haven't followed this game at all because I beat the first one and its story was so bad (IMO) I lost interest in follow-ups, but if there is evidence that they're working on it for Shadow of War, I might start paying more attention. I liked the atmosphere and nemesis systems alright, I'm just very story-driven.

The story sounds even more ridiculous this time based on what I heard on the Game Informer podcast.

Turkoop

Banned
I bet WB is happy RDR2 is out of the way.

The delay was probably warranted. Every thread this game had had people saying it didn't look impressive. Might as well take a few extra months to polish it up.

Every Publisher is happy with that, even Bungie.

Top Bottom