• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Middle-earth: Shadow of War will now launch worldwide on Oct. 10, 2017.

Elandyll

Banned
shammrsw2.gif

Briarios

Have you seen how many games are coming out August? This is a very wise choice, in my opinion. August is stacked; some had to shift.

Justified

**Some territories such as Australia, New Zealand and Japan will have a different release date.

Were these Tier 2 countries for the XBone Launch? Wonder if Scorpio will follow the same launch cycle (of staggered console releases) and Shadow of War will be a bundle option

mas8705

Would be a hell of a kicker if this actually was done for the sake of the Scorpio, although part of me isn't going to lose sleep over two months. If anything, it gives me a good excuse to go back and play the first game again so that I can remind myself of the controls and hit the ground running in October.

Were these Tier 2 countries for the XBone Launch? Wonder if Scorpio will follow the same launch cycle (of staggered console releases) and Shadow of War will be a bundle option

Japan definitely will be with abysmal XB1 sales there would make sense to allocate units elsewhere.

Meh, a little bummed as i was hoping to play this late summer before the big fall releases start dropping. Guess that means ill have a busy fall season with games.

Some Nobody

You can launch next to Destiny 2, which is going to get a crowd of SP *and* MP fans, or you can launch next to CoD and Battlefront, which is going to be almost all MP fans.

Before they had to worry about RDR2 coming out in October or November. Now that's not an issue, and so they can be the major single-player title launching in October.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
I don't think that's gonna be Scorpio launch. After the great Switch launch I am expecting to have a staggered launch for Scorpio as well. So August/September launch and then one big hitter every month for the rest of the year. September would be Forza, October is Shadow of War, November ?, December Assassin's Creed?

Floody

Thought August was a great spot for it, can see something like AC Origins taking a lot of it's steam with an October release too.

I don't think it's so it can be a Scorpio launch title either, because why would they care enough to delay it just for that? It'd just mean they'd have to compete with more games and I don't see many choosing it over a new Assassin's Creed (probably be MS' big 3rd party game they push) and a new Forza, with Battlefront 2 and CoD not long after.

Anyway, hopefully this gives them enough time to really nail it, really enjoyed the first for awhile, before it got really repetitive.

Dysun

Game seems likely to be ignored in that time frame between post-Destiny 2, CoD, Battlefront II and whatever else (AC, South Park).
August was a really good release window for it

Matt

That would be suicide for Microsoft. More people would end up waiting until Black Friday and not pay full price.
No matter when it comes out there wouldn't be a Black Friday sale on it.

I don't know why people are so down on November as a launch date. That's when consoles usually come out.

Anyway, looking forward to SoW, I can deal with a few more months.

October is gonna kill it. That's prime AAA land, not sure it'll carve the same nice little market share and legs it would had it dropped mid August.

But if it's not ready it's not ready.

Ragona

I've got a feeling this game is going to bomb hard.
Unless shadow of mordor, it doesnt have a Lord of the rings movie going with it (Hobbit 3), and the trailers dont really seem to set the world on fire neither. Also the game threads seem to be really slow on Gaf compared to other games.
This release date really doesnt help the game now, but hoping for the best!

EvB

Unless shadow of mordor, it doesnt have a Lord of the rings movie going with it (Hobbit 3), and the trailers dont really seem to set the world on fire neither. Also the game threads seem to be really slow on Gaf compared to other games.

People don't want single player game, this will prove this yet again

est1992

Judging from the different gameplay streams I've seen, the game just doesn't look that exciting. It looks like after about two hours it'll get mundane and repetitive.

OldRoutes

Don't use GAF as a metric for anything remotely successful -- see Ghost Recond Wildlands

Kyrios

I would have ignored it for Uncharted and Yakuza Kiwami if it stuck to the August release anyway. Good move for me at least :p

This was supposed to drop in August? Damn, swore it was October all along.

Doesn't effect me any, I'm still catching up from that first quarter.

Top Bottom