• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Midwest GAF: It's hot as hell. How are you staying cool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Another scorcher!"

hqdefault.jpg

Got all my yard work done before 10. Now I'm painting a few boards in the basement that we're using to build a fort for our son and drinking some ice cold Old Milwaukee with Mystery Science Theater 3000 on in the background.

How about you?

JBuccCP

I'm not. AC broke two days ago. I'm not playing Overwatch right now because the PC is too damn hot to be next to.

Allforce

I've had the AC on since like....mid-April so not doing anything different today in good old Ohio. It's 95 here today and I went to get the car washed and grab a Jamocha Shake at Arby's. Then a nap.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
Try hanging out in the second story of a house with no cooling in 96 degree weather.

It's pretty hot, but any of you guys from Wisconsin? I drove through that huge storm yesterday. Iv never been so scared for my life. The lighting was something else.

We turned on our AC two days ago. We've only ran it for about 5 days all year so far so I don't feel too guilty setting it at 75 F. Before that we just popped open every window in the house and ran a small fan in our bedroom at night.

HvySky

My roommate just walked out of her bedroom and turned the AC off. She's currently curled up in a blanket. Needless to say I'm fucking dying.

It's 100° out I mean what the fuck.

Ominym

Banned
Can we all just say thank you to our Lord and Savior air conditioning? Because it's fucking brutal out there.

Sai-kun

Banned
I actually did call...maintenance so they could install my apartment's AC unit.

Doing just fine since then! Although I could use a lil more breeze outside!

Wisconsin-Gaf calling in... It's hot as hell in SE-Wisconsin, so I ran a quarter-marathon. Fortunately, it was early this morning (7AM), so the temps were actually only in the mid 70s, creeping into the low 80s by the end.

One of the gifts for finishing the race was a free, ice-cold beer. That's always an awesome way to keep cool, even if it means drinking in the morning.

Silkworm

I've been in the midwest for a while now and this weather is hot but I grew up in Florida. Now that muggy heat all through summer? That's hot! :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom