• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No. 9 Final Boss and Ending (PS4, Spoilers)

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
"It looks fine"

xDDDDDD

I would not be surprised if lots of backer concerns will be echoed and confirmed throughout the reviews, seems like the small hope of them fixing anything from the demo is dead.

I haven't been too down on the game. Some of it looks fun, if there is some aspect of evolution to Beck's abilities.

But that was plain awful. Holy shit, I feel bad for backers. Makes me wonder whats gonna happen with Shenmue 3.

hohoXD123

Slash to skip boss phase 1 hur hur

I mean sure your money and all, also I'm as bitter as most that backed this and I'm a bit tired of saying this again but I feel like the lesson here is more don't back Inafune than be anti kickstarter.
Shovel Knight, Shadowrun, Wasteland 2 are just a few among amazing kickstarter successes.
Seems like there have been far more failures than successes. Doesn't seem like it's worth the risk anymore even with the hype. Better to just buy the successful games after release.

ArjanN

Seems like there have been far more failures than successes. Doesn't seem like it's worth the risk anymore even with the hype. Better to just buy the successful games after release.

The exact opposite is true actually.

It just seems that way because every time a crowdfunded thing goes wrong (or appears to go wrong) the internet throws a huge shitfit.

Dunkley

Graphics are bad. Voice acting and dialogue is bad. The boss itself is terrible.

How did this go so wrong?

*insert tweet here*

Jokes aside I do truly believe the project just seems severely mismanaged.

I'm really sorry for anyone who backed this trainwreck and hope they can still enjoy the product for what it is.

When I saw the demo, I thought that it the level design looked mediocre, but was holding out for it improving in the later stages. Looks like that's not the case. MM9, 10 and the Zero games were brilliant; what happened?

Also, I think it's hilarious how they re-used Inafune's Call design for Trinity. It was the least popular entry in the Call contest, but of course he had to wedge it in somewhere, no matter how bad the design was and still is.

nynt9

A journo friend of mine posted this on Facebook saying it looks bad and a Deep Silver PR guy is getting salty in the comments like an anime fan on prom night.

Something is wrong when a thousand platformers from the 80s and 90s look far better (visually, not technologically) and have far tighter gameplay than a $4m game in 2016.

Looking at this makes me depressed, watching videos of 80s and 90s platformers - even those I've never played - makes me smile.

Luckily there are a ton of great indie developers still making such games on a shoestring budget. I'd love to see Yacht Club Games try their hand at Megaman.

Glad I pulled out and backed Shantae instead back then. That game got 1/5 of the KS money and it looks a lot better than this.

That's very embarrassing. $4 million dollars, in which the game looks shitty while having boring gameplay, while Shantae: Half-Genie Hero received a total of $776,084 from Kickstarter, & the game turns out to be more superior in graphics & gameplay than Mighty No. 9.

What it proves, is that just because there was a lot of money poured into a project, doesn't mean that it will be superior.

Top Bottom