• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No. 9 Final Boss and Ending (PS4, Spoilers)

Twitter_PG_kamiya_He_s_a_business_man_Not_a.png

And there it is.

I'm surprised you don't post every chance you get.

At this point, it's a game. I notice an Inafune thread in action and place bets on how long it'll take until that tweet shows up.

Most times, it shows up within the first few pages.

There needs to be a drinking game for every time this tweet appears in a Mighty No. 9 thread.

And if I made it a drinking game for how many times it gets retweeted when Inafune starts up shit, I'd be dead.

Merrydeath

Sigh..
There goes my money that I backed.
At least Shenmue 3, and Bloodstained will be promising.
Also did anyone receive their backer items yet beside the t-shirts or plushies?

CO_Andy

Inafune's directorial debut film Zombrex should of been required watching for all KS backers.

There's not a better example of Inafune burning large amounts of money on quite possibly the shittiest videogame to film adaptation.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm wondering how they will fuck up the last step.

Not get me a code at all? Get me a code for the wrong version? Code not work? Not get me the DLC for my tier?

They gotta have one final big fuckup just to round out the complete and total disappointment/betrayal of trust.

So is Dr. White a bad guy? I keep getting a vibe that's he's actually a bad guy.

He has a history they briefly touch on but it's left up to see in a potential sequel. Also that guy used the electric for the one form, good lord. Wrong type. Should have gone with the freeze attack. It arcs downward.

I feel deep remorse for anyone who backed this.

When I backed this project, it was one of the last ones I backed on Kickstarter. I backed loads of projects that I personally wanted, no matter how successful or bombtastic it may be. As bad as this game may end up being (or is), I for one am glad that developers have a medium where they can take risk and the risk doesn't have to always pay back.

Kickstarter screwed kickstarter.

The Argus

Oh wow. I've causally followed this since Kickstarter, and boy is this depressing. That said I can't wait to play this on my phone.

I don't know if I feel up for watching a video spoiling the ending of potentially even a bleh game, but I just have one question for those who did watch:

Does it turn out that it was Wily all along?

hey man, don't forget shovel knight

that game was amazing

one of the games that redeem shit kickstarters like mn9

It's a Kickstarter game that did so well, I bought it from a Best Buy. I bought it from a Best Buy.

This game looks like dogshit.

Here's my post from the other thread. I hope I'm wrong.

Things I'd to to fix the game.

Please note that I'm going from the beta experiences and the videos shown here. I have not played the game yet, and if it so happens that the things I'm listing are in the game, I'd be a happy camper.

But I doubt it.

- The game needs to be more "kniectic. The dashing would work better if I could dash into enemies as a form of attack beyond finishing them off for points. There's a section with lasers and you have to shoot the tops of the things emitting them. Dashing into all three after I've killed one would help with the pacing and speed of this game. Balance by adding more enemies, doing more damage, and...

- Better enemy placement aka video game design 101. Enemies need to be placed in the right areas for them to be fun, challenging, and a test of your skills. An example is Dragon's Dogma where a big large enemy like the chimera denotes a difficult area. If you can take him down, you can proceed. Here, it just seems like they threw whatever together, and it serves as an obstacle rather than intelligently placed. It's hard to describe what I'm trying to angle at here but basically it'd be nice if the game would use the enemies like MM or other games do, because here it feels cheaply made.

- Bosses are not interesting. Some of them need more attacks, some of them need attacks that aren't so linear by design, and some of them, especially the final boss, need to not be playing it so damn safe.

I won't write too much more, because we are only a few days away from release and I'd like to play it first hand before commentating more, but even the platforming sequences didn't feel right in the beta. The game is "okay" from all that I've watched and played, but I expected more after the name attached to it.

Damn wasn't there a dude who flipped out because people were insulting this game so much? He's gonna have some threads to tend to.

The game got huge backlashes over the past few months, and now the last boss and ending sequence is leaked all over the internet before the game is even released. It couldn't be much worse than this, isn't it?

kurahador

Glad I pulled out and backed Shantae instead back then. That game got 1/5 of the KS money and it looks alot better than this.

- J - D -

Yikes.

I will give them some credit though. It looks like a functional product.

I was at AX2014 where Inafune was shilling and announcing that they needed more money. I had a feeling things were askew back then.

Arcayne

Not a backer nor was ever interested in this game, but was that really all there is to beating the final boss?? Looks stupid easy, on top of the final boss looking dumb as hell.

so confused.

The game got huge backlashes over the past few months, and now the last boss and ending sequence is leaked all over the internet before the game is even released. It couldn't be much worse than this, isn't it?
when the reviews release in a bit, we'll finally hit rock bottom.

Gulz1992

Looking more and more like Inafune has executed the John Romero maneuver: he left his former employer full of bluster and then completely failed to live up to his own hype. I'm hoping I'm wrong, but from everything I've see Mighty No. 9 looks like it is to Mega Man what Daikatana is to Quake, or Hellgate: London is to Diablo II. Which is an awful thing to say.

silva1991

We still have the reviews to anticipate which is today I think.

Top Bottom