• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No. 9 Final Boss and Ending (PS4, Spoilers)

MrBadger

I cant see the vid righ now, can someone post a short summary?

The first phase resembles Ghastly and uses Yellow Devil's attack pattern, which the player exploits invincibility frames to cheese past. The second phase is a big purple flower that basically just moves from left to right slowly as Beck shoots and absorbs it. Occasionally fires lasers or whatever. Afterwards there's a brief ending cutscene where the Mighty Numbers rescue Beck, followed by a sequel hook.

I'm not a huge Mega Man fan (finished 1, dabbled a bit into 2) and I didn't back the kickstarter. Watching this physically pains me.

How did this happen.

Why did this happen.

MrHoot

What i'm still baffled by is...I played Soul Sacrifice and SS Delta. These were great games that looked and played amazing // ON VITA //, with the only major flaw especially for the first being content. And these were Comcept Games, made with Japan Studio.

So what the fuck happened here. Did SS's success only come from Japan Studio ? Did they just automatically store the money for potential sequels and stayed super conservative with the base game ? Do they just NOT have a good enough vision for a freaking megaman game, one of the most basic type of games you could come up with nowadays as it's been done almost 20 times since it's inception ?

I won't say it detered me from backing other games (it didn't, and Hyper light drifter came out and that was amazing for me). Nor does it make me angry..but it does make me sad. I was happy to back comcept not because it's a mega man game but mostly because I thought "yeah I like this new company, I loved Soul Sacrifice, I wanna see them make their pet project". If anything this should've been a labour of love but it just drips of cynicism, like if someone wanted to make fun or just was forced to make a megaman game almost.

I'll play it and what i've seen from the other gameplay I guess i'll have like a solid "meh to alright" experience with most of the stages but honestly, i'm baffled. Comcept has squandered every last drip of goodwill they had and everything they'll be doing from now on will be an uphill battle until they produce something that's not only good, it's gonna have to be absolutely amazing to make everybody forget about this trainwreck

That looks just awful, the second phase of the fight just seems like its a giant bullet sponge that is meant to take forever not because its hard but because it'll take for freaking ever to kill.

Jesus what the hell happened to this game?

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus what the hell happened to this game?
Well wouldn't it be nice if there was a place where the creators could talk to their backers and be transparent about the challenges they faced and why they may have fallen short. Mmmmmmh.....

Also obligatory reminder that the campaign only managed to inform backers about the MN9 delay after RedAsh despite rumors of the delay being published by news outlets weeks before.

Edit: I think I need to step out salt levels are just rising the more I look at the footage.

MrBadger

u mean the anime series hook :^)

Sj6rLvR.png

CHC

Oh my god it SO LONG AND REPETITIVE. I was going to try to watch it all as a goof but this is unbearably.

chrono01

Sucks.
It's a risky proposition but it seemed a safe bet the game would turn out really good.
Yeah, I'm still surprised it (seemingly) turned out like it did. I didn't expect this at all, with the team behind it not to mention the Kickstarted funds.

Risk taken, damage inflicted upon self. Not much to do other than chug an HP-restoring potion and continue on my way. I'm definitely avoiding anything Inafune-related from now on, however.

So surely there's an apology in the credits, right?
Funny thing, that you mention credits. There's a thread on the official MN9 backer forums, with people asking to withdraw their name from the credits. It's truly a sad day when a Kickstarter perk, such as adding your name to the credits of the title you're pledging for, is viewed as a negative. :(

I hope Inafune knows that he has destroyed all the bridges and tossed all the good will down the drain after this shitshow of a kickstarter. I didn't even back this and I feel for you guys because you put all your hopes into this and...yeah.

So is the Mega Man dream officially dead?

Deader than disco, brah.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Funny thing, that you mention credits. There's a thread on the official MN9 backer forums, with people asking to withdraw their name from the credits. It's truly a sad day when a Kickstarter perk, such as adding your name to the credits of the title you're pledging for, is viewed as a negative. :(

Surprised anyone but the defense brigade even still posts there. I stopped more than a year ago I think when I saw the 4 same posters repeat the same tired nonsense defenses in every thread.

Alienous

Oooof, but also hilarious.

What i'm still baffled by is...I played Soul Sacrifice and SS Delta. These were great games that looked and played amazing // ON VITA //, with the only major flaw especially for the first being content. And these were Comcept Games, made with Japan Studio.

So what the fuck happened here. Did SS's success only come from Japan Studio ? Did they just automatically store the money for potential sequels and stayed super conservative with the base game ? Do they just NOT have a good enough vision for a freaking megaman game, one of the most basic type of games you could come up with nowadays as it's been done almost 20 times since it's inception ?

I won't say it detered me from backing other games (it didn't, and Hyper light drifter came out and that was amazing for me). Nor does it make me angry..but it does make me sad. I was happy to back comcept not because it's a mega man game but mostly because I thought "yeah I like this new company, I loved Soul Sacrifice, I wanna see them make their pet project". If anything this should've been a labour of love but it just drips of cynicism, like if someone wanted to make fun or just was forced to make a megaman game almost.

I'll play it and what i've seen from the other gameplay I guess i'll have like a solid "meh to alright" experience with most of the stages but honestly, i'm baffled. Comcept has squandered every last drip of goodwill they had and everything they'll be doing from now on will be an uphill battle until they produce something that's not only good, it's gonna have to be absolutely amazing to make everybody forget about this trainwreck

It's what happens when you become a hype man for your games and stop actively working on them. I am pretty sure Inafune only played like the first part of the game they showed i'm said "Yeah that's good just continue with that." then spent the rest of his time worrying about it being this household name, you know without making sure it was successful first or well received.

l57YceE.png
EEFuggy.png

So I was reading in TV Tropes that the core game only had a budget of 900k dollars and the rest of the money was used exclusively on stretch goals. Is it true? Because it makes the whole thing even more baffling if it is.

So I was reading in TV Tropes that the core game only had a budget of 900k dollars and the rest of the money was used exclusively on stretch goals. Is it true? Because it makes the whole thing even more baffling if it is.

The campaign was only asking for 900k yeah. That 2nd part? I don't know.

Hopeford

Legit question:

Would this game have been better if it didn't target so many consoles/handhelds? I ask because I remember the test footage that came out after one week looking way better than the final project and actually pretty damn close to the concept art everyone fell in love with.

Legit question:

Would this game have been better if it didn't target so many consoles/handhelds? I ask because I remember the test footage that came out after one week looking way better than the final project and actually pretty damn close to the concept art everyone fell in love with.

More than likely especially since it's using UE3 as well.

chrono01

Surprised anyone but the defense brigade even still posts there. I stopped more than a year ago I think when I saw the 4 same posters repeat the same tired nonsense defenses in every thread.
Don't worry, the "defense force" is still there, from what I can see.

And yeah, I stopped going there too. I just ventured there today to see if there was an update on the rest of the backer rewards and when they're being sent out. 'cause, you know, Comcept can't be bothered to send us an email informing us what to expect.

(Apparently, they'll be sent out post-release.)

Oooof, but also hilarious.
I thought it was a joke when I saw the thread, but nope. Some people are adamantly protesting that their name be removed.

Honestly, I'm upset over how the final product looks, but I wouldn't go so far as to request my name be removed from the credits. Now, if it were still in the adding process, I probably wouldn't bother sending in the email to have my name added, but I won't freak out over it being there. I guess it just goes to show how disappointed a few really are in the title. It's the first instance, that I can think of, where some people are actually ashamed to be mentioned in the credits for a game.

Skulldead

tumblr_mt7hu51pmw1s8ncj1o1_400.gif

tumblr_mpjgjdm9Xl1qgly4jo2_500.gif

You know this guy who made this was alone for 3 and half year....

I can't believe the video i just saw... this is insulting...

Top Bottom