• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No. 9 Final Boss and Ending (PS4, Spoilers)

rMG3_f-maxage-0.gif

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
It's closer to Mega Man ZX. And yes it is, I wasn't a fan of it but it was for sure a good game in the spirit of that.

Inti made Mega Man 9 and 10 to boot, new 8 bit games to the original series. Honestly I think it was just poor direction by Inafune.

Inafune during the PS3/Xbox 360 era was kinda questionable already. I guess his only decent work is Soul Sacrifice but Kaio: King of Pirates, Megaman Universe, and Megaman Legends 3? Lol. Though I think the latter 2 is more of Capcom's part?

What makes MN9 such a large disappointment is because it seemed like a lock when it was announced. It was a clone of megaman developed by a studio that has made a lot of good megaman games in recent years.

Some shit went south with this one.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The question is: Why is the game a mess? Is it Inti Creates fault? Is it "Inafking"'s fault? Is it because expectations are way too high for this game like FFXV?

I don't think its Inti Creates fault. They did Mega Man Zero, Mega Man 9 and 10 games among other games that were pretty decent. To me it seems mostly like Inafune didn't care too much about the current project and started to focus on the future for the series when the game wasnt even out. Also if Inafune/Comcept wants things as they are Inti cant really do much about it as they do what they are told to do in the end.

KingBroly

Banned
Inafune during the PS3/Xbox 360 era was kinda questionable already. I guess his only decent work is Soul Sacrifice but Kaio: King of Pirates, Megaman Universe, and Megaman Legends 3? Lol. Though I think the latter 2 is more of Capcom's part?

Dead Rising

Well he also did Lost Planet as well (Good first game and questionable later games). Capcom canned Universe and Legends 3 almost out of spite because Inafune kinda wasted them a lot of money.

He did more than Lost Planet as well there was some other stuff. Although in the case of Legends 3, there wasn't a good plan to make that game anyway.

Dead Rising as well. Which again, a good start. He started A LOT of the IPs last gen for Capcom, and Capcom thought they would all be hits.

javadoze

Created by Inti Creates
Gunvolt:
HPc1vlV.gif

Mighty Gunvolt (MN9/Gunvolt crossover):
byCoWn4.gif

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero:
C0kfbkR.gif

I sincerely don't think Inti Creates is the problem here.

Not to mention the Megaman Zero games, Megaman 9 & 10, and even the demo of Bloodstained that looks 100 times more competent.

KingBroly

Banned
Well he also did Lost Planet as well (Good first game and questionable later games). Capcom canned Universe and Legends 3 almost out of spite because Inafune kinda wasted them a lot of money.

He did more than Lost Planet as well there was some other stuff. Although in the case of Legends 3, there wasn't a good plan to make that game anyway.

Dead Rising as well. Which again, a good start. He started A LOT of the IPs last gen for Capcom, and Capcom thought they would all be hits.

Universe looked like trash.

Legends 3 was just out of spite and really spat in the face of fans only because of politics, which no company should ever do.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Created by Inti Creates
Gunvolt:
HPc1vlV.gif

Mighty Gunvolt (MN9/Gunvolt crossover):
byCoWn4.gif

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero:
C0kfbkR.gif

I sincerely don't think Inti Creates is the problem here.

You forgot Bloodstained! They're developing that one too, with IGA and crew.

Also wow, one of Beck's powers is literally Gunvolt :lol.

You forgot Bloodstained! They're developing that one too, with IGA and crew.

Also wow, one of Beck's powers is literally Gunvolt :lol.
Not to mention the Megaman Zero games, Megaman 9 & 10, and even the demo of Bloodstained that looks 100 times more competent.
I mean, there are a ton of good games they've made that I could use as an example. I just used the ones that came to mind the quickest :p

That there are so many examples we can think of really cements that there's something bigger than Inti Creates itself at work here.

MilkBeard

The funny thing is, I can totally see Capcom releasing a new Mega Man after this, and whatever they create would be many times better than this. Not only that, but all the stiffed fans would buy that game by the truckload and they would make tons of money.

This game is such a missed potential.

You know, thinking about it now, the 3DS versions and Vita versions of this game are still happening (I guess) I wonder if that will just be a different game.

mreddie

The funny thing is, I can totally see Capcom releasing a new Mega Man after this, and whatever they create would be many times better than this. Not only that, but all the stiffed fans would buy that game by the truckload and they would make tons of money.

This game is such a missed potential.

They can do another pixel Mega Man and likely look better than this

Yes, expectations were too high I guess in the sense that people expected a game that looked good rather than one that doesn't look good.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I mean, there are a ton of good games they've made that I could use as an example. I just used the ones that came to mind the quickest :p

That there are so many examples we can think of really cements that there's something bigger than Inti Creates itself at work here.

Wanna bet they diverted cash/resources towards Red Ash?

Every time I see something from this game I just keep imagining a person squatting over Mega Man's grave, spreading their ass cheeks and pushing an hot foamy shit.

MrBadger

In the other thread, I was talking about how I didn't understand why they had such a big focus on story but made absolutely no effort to present the cutscenes in a way that made them engaging. Since this seems like a more appropriate thread for spoilers, I thought I'd continue my line of thinking here. Here's the BIG REVEAL where we find out who the real villain is

Spoilers or whatever

The character models just don't sell this scene at all. Either animate the 3D models properly or have 2D character art.

Also, Dr Blackwell reminds me of someone's attempt to create Andross in the Mii Maker.

Top Bottom