• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No. 9 special demo now live

Toxi

Banned
The story bits remind me of this.

tumblr_ly66o6Jm3a1r29pfko1_400.gif

Blackage

So they're not fans of Egoraptor? I'm shocked. :p

Jokes aside yeah, I kinda groaned that they had basic annoying tutorial crap in the first stage. Can't just explain the mechanics through actual gameplay.

Cmagus

Should I have the code by now? I haven't gotten an email.

They put a new update on their main page for the Kimo Kimo cup thing and managed to slip this in at the bottom:

Finally, we know that all of our fans are looking forward to the Special Demo Version we are preparing, and we just ask that you be a little more patient. The team is working on it, but some issues popped up regarding the distribution method so there is a good chance it will not be ready to launch by the 15th. We are really sorry for the inconvenience.

I wouldn't count on this coming out to backers today.Apparently some of the beta people who got it weren't supposed to it was some sort of mistake on their end and apparently not all beta people got it.

chronomac

So all backers are getting trial versions, just not for a little bit (as they work on technical issues)? Seemed like only beta tier backers were getting them.

Cmagus

So all backers are getting trial versions, just not for a little bit (as they work on technical issues)? Seemed like only beta tier backers were getting them.

Apparently there was a mix up on their end and for a short period of time beta people had their versions updated till they put a stop to it. Every backer will get the trial version which was supposed to come out today but they have some issue on getting the codes or something out right now.

chronomac

Apparently there was a mix up on their end and for a short period of time beta people had their versions updated till they put a stop to it. Every backer will get the trial version which was supposed to come out today but they have some issue on getting the codes or something out right now.

Thanks for the information. I was slightly disappointed that I didn't have a code in my inbox but I'm glad it's just a technical mix-up.

Anyone getting these / see any news on this?

http://www.mightyno9.com/en/20150915 said:
Finally, we know that all of our fans are looking forward to the Special Demo Version we are preparing, and we just ask that you be a little more patient. The team is working on it, but some issues popped up regarding the distribution method so there is a good chance it will not be ready to launch by the 15th. We are really sorry for the inconvenience.

"The demo we're putting out as apology for the game being delayed is delayed" is amazing.

NeonBlack

Every time I start to look forward to this game they find a way to reverse it.

Danji

Yikes. Just as before, the visuals (3d models, backgrounds, color scheme, UI, etc. are hideous.

..and yet, if the gameplay was better it would be forgivable. Instead, it's just a really bad package. The enemies take inconsistent amounts of damage. The game wants to you to shoot really fast, but if you shoot too fast it won't detect the hits (not just on bosses, normal enemies too.) Annoying as piss for speed runs. I'm still working on getting S rank on the oil level though.

Man, as a huge Mega Man fan....I am incredibly disappointed in what I'm seeing. I've had a bad feeling about this game for a long time and things aren't looking any better now, at least in my opinion. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be playing this game.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone got their codes yet that hasn't been a beta tier backer?

Edit: Oh it seems delayed great stuff!
You know what's even better the delay is at the bottom of a post titled Kimokimo, which doesn't give any indication of that important info.
No email, nothing on the kickstarter side, just a bottom section of a post that's titled without relation on the backer forum site.

Seriously Comcept can you stop being this incompetent and actually start communicating that stuff in the right manner?
I don't even remember anymore how many times this is now you've pulled that kind of crap.

X3 is kind of a mess of confused "do what we did before but more, I guess" but at least a quarter of its stages aren't naff 3D vehicle segments. Like, X8 is a decent game and well above the two that preceded it but as indifferent as I am to X3 it's still a step above X8 which only feels like a breath of fresh air after the farts that came before it.

BiggNife

Call's VA sounds like she's reading the script for the first time.

e: Also yeah, X8 is far from the worst X game. It's fine. X7 is leagues worse.

VA sounds terrible. I think it is better off without it.

Also, the gameplay just looks so average. Since MMC just came out to get my nostalgia fixed I don't know if I want MN9 anymore.

MGrant

That level design; why? Looks like constant long, featureless horizontal corridors of varying colors, with the occasional (repeatedly recycled) miniboss room thrown in. Just soulless.

Totally. So not needed. I actually think the gameplay looks pretty ok, but the boring story bits could definitely have been left out. Being interrupted all the time really puts a damper on the momentum. And it looks like they're trying very hard to make the characters endearing, but all of them fall flat for me.

Toxi

Banned
Here's a 1080p 60FPS playthrough of the Special Demo. This is highest graphics settings running on a GTX 970. It has framerate problems even on that video card so I wouldn't expect solid performance out of the final game (which this basically is.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikR6h0EV5tI
holy shit there's a lot of bad game design

Having the character stumble when you hold a direction after a jump... One hit kills that ignore mercy invincibility from previous hits, meaning you can be bumped into them by enemies... Tons and tons of meaningless shitty dialogue interrupting the action or playing over the action...

OmegaX

Here's a 1080p 60FPS playthrough of the Special Demo. This is highest graphics settings running on a GTX 970. It has framerate problems even on that video card so I wouldn't expect solid performance out of the final game (which this basically is.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikR6h0EV5tI

Those cutscenes are so bad. They should have used anime portraits, and voice only.
Everythiing about this game looks so amateur. I'm sure there are better looking indie Megaman inspired games out there.

Danji

X2 & X1
X4
X3
----
X8
X5
X6
X7

X8 is mediocre. It is less than okay. It is the best horrible X game. I have explained my placement now.

nynt9

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...y-no-9-this-time-affecting-trial-version.aspx

I know there is already the destructoid article but I think this one just emphasizes the real problem better. Which is communication.
Comcept hasn't learned a single thing.
How do you not fix your communication issues. I mean come on... how do you expect people to not think that you do this shit on purpose. It's happening too many times.

On that note, has the dude who paid $10k for the dinner with Inafune gotten his dinner yet? Last I heard (a couple weeks ago) it had not happened

Whizkid7

Meh. I enjoyed the game for what it is and will still when it's released. Can't go back on backing it, anyway. I didn't back Red Ash though, since I didn't like the feel of that one on first look unlike this.

Top Bottom