• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Migos' "Bad And Boujee" Hits #1 On Billboard Hot 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

rambis

Banned
Crazy how songs blow up. I was on this last summer and the rest of the country seems to just be catching up. Tshirt is my shit tho.

Edit: Its already at 5.4m views, probably their next hit.

collige

Banned
Track is good but not THAT good imo. Uzi is just out of place. Big props to Metro though, what a fucking year he had last year.

NandoGip

This is the absolute worst forum on the internet to discuss hip hop.

On topic though, good on them, there was a point that it seems like Migos buzz might be dying. I think maybe the dab saved them. They really have dropped some great songs lately though

Check out:
Cocoon
$200,000
Trapstar
No Hook
Good Drank
Key To The Streets

lol I fast forwarded through the video with a 10 second interval, and it's the goddamn exact same sound every time. Guy speaking/rapping, little three note tune. AMAZIN!

Not for me.

Ivan 3414

There's no getting around the fact that objectively this is garbage but I still fuck with them. Don't know why but I do.

"Objectively" lol

This is their best song by far

lol I fast forwarded through the video with a 10 second interval, and it's the goddamn exact same sound every time. Guy speaking/rapping, little three note tune. AMAZIN!

Not for me.

Listening to music isn't for you?

Ok

Pein

Banned
Been listening to it for months now, it's a dope track for sure. Quavo is seriously gonna be massive.

Crazy how songs blow up. I was on this last summer and the rest of the country seems to just be catching up. Tshirt is my shit tho.

Edit: Its already at 5.4m views, probably their next hit.

Tshirt is the better song and definitely the next hit.

Also lol at this thred

Was boujee an actual word before this song or are people just making up words these days?

3OnlL.png

Barzul

Culture will be a phenomenon. If the singles out now are symbolic of its hit factor. Call Casting, T-Shirt and Bad & Boujee are all ace.

LOLwut

Atlanta is hip hop

the South (esp ATL) has been carrying hip-hop for awhile now. All the best producers are from down here and so many new sounds come from down South.

BadAss2961

Was boujee an actual word before this song or are people just making up words these days?
It was always used as a negative in my experience. Basically trying to appear wealthier/classier than you actually are.

But after this song and seeing what people think on urban dictionary, seems to have a positive spin now.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
It was always used as a negative in my experience. Basically trying to appear classier than you actually are.

But after this song and seeing what people think on urban dictionary, seems to have a positive spin now.

They're taking it back

IronRinn

I remember these guys from Atlanta. They were pretty funny.

Did not like the song, though, and that one dude is wearing a Marilyn Manson shirt that I think I owned in high school?

"Raindrop, drop top (drop top)
Smokin' on cookie in the hotbox (cookie)
Fuckin' on your bitch she a thot, thot (thot)
Cookin' up dope in the crockpot (pot)"

trash

Ronin

"Raindrop, drop top (drop top)
Smokin' on cookie in the hotbox (cookie)
Fuckin' on your bitch she a thot, thot (thot)
Cookin' up dope in the crockpot (pot)"

trash
If you're here for the lyrics you're doing it wrong. You bump this while driving in your rap car or in the club.

It's fun.

African American slang

Y'know, that consistent source of cool that mainstream (White) American culture has been mining since the early 20th century (jazz era and jive)

Since Bougie is only used intra racially amongst other Blacks, there was no real reason for it to cross over despite its use being decades old. However I would not be surprised if it eventually does.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
If you're here for the lyrics you're doing it wrong. You bump this while driving in your rap car or in the club.

It's fun.

The real reason mumble rap and hook rap continues to thrive. Gone are the days where you'd hear Tupac or Ludacris in the club and you'd hear people sing along with the lyrics while dancing. Just get the hook right and the beat bouncin' and you're set.

The real reason mumble rap and hook rap continues to thrive. Gone are the days where you'd hear Tupac or Ludacris in the club and you'd hear people sing along with the lyrics.

I don't know where you've been, but they still chant these lyrics at clubs and have been doing it for decades.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know where you've been, but they still chant these lyrics at clubs and have been doing it for decades.

It's becoming more rare in the clubs I go to the more these type of songs come out. The problem with these songs is that except for a few dance hits like juju on the beat and whip and nanae, no one really remembers them a few years after they release, yet put on 50 cent's in da club and you get people singing the lyrics and having more fun. Eventually the 80s/90s/ and early 00s stuff will fade away except for a select few timeless classics, same with what eventually happened to most Motown hits during the 2000s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom