• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miiverse, Wii U Chat and Tvii to shut down on November 8

Sora_N

I document each time I unlock a character.

I leave for france in six days.

Ironically this is the one thing you're covered on. There's an option to download your posts, and Wii U has a feature to post screens to imgur or whatnot.

Thanks. I am not that worried then. I really liked Miiverse even though it was pretty slow.

I feel like Miiverse would've been so much better on hardware that could handle loading the app in a snappy manner. Shame they excised it from the Swotch.

hzsn724

I'm going to miss the hell out of Miiverse. A place where many talented artists and real gamers shared their experiences. I remember the outpouring when Iwata died, I remember all the great help I got in games, and I will never forget the bottles in Wind Waker HD.

Here have some art.

images

images

images

images

images

images

images

images

CEJames

Shit, wasn't expecting expecting this to happen for a couple more years. I still need to play Xenoblade and WWHD. Splatoon 1's plaza is gonna feel lonely now.

That's what they want. I enjoyed walking through it to see what people were saying. They. Want. To. Erase. any uniqueness the Wii U has from existence.

.Anema

Whyyyy!! I love miiverse :/
WTF is wrong with Nintendo, I can't believe this. Why shutting down the community?
I love Nintendo but WTF, I'm starting to think that they hate their fans :/

People mourning the death of Miiverse. Just insanity.

The most under-cooked, wrongly utilized and simplisticly juvenile online feature I've ever witnessed. It gave us funny pictures and memes though?? Good riddance.

Seriously this. Miiverse just sucked outside of some funny memes (I'll never forget the Super Metroid one where all the kids just didn't know what to do in Brinstar) and having a Battlefield clone stage in Smash 4.

Seriously this. Miiverse just sucked outside of some funny memes (I'll never forget the Super Metroid one where all the kids just didn't know what to do in Brinstar) and having a Battlefield clone stage in Smash 4.
The thing is though, Miiverse was still fun and entertaining to a lot of people. Miiverse didn't top Microsoft or Sonys level of community gaming and communication but you had many discussing games and just generally chatting or showing off drawings. I even booted up Miiverse on occasion to see what people would be talking about.

It's Nintendo's first form of actually having an online community on their platform and then they're "nah, shut it down". Great for kids too since it had moderators as well as clubs for everyone. I forgot what game it was (some horse riding game) that I found myself in which had people (mostly young girls) drawing their characters and horses with no trolling. Smash was rife with hype and funny pictures. I'd often be in the Animal Crossing and Bayonetta board talking and drawing there. I also used to stream Mario Maker on Twotch and get a decent amount of people watching. Upon completion of a viewer submitted level, I would take a screenshot and leave a comment for their Miiverse.

When I look at the Switch, it's yet another isolated Nintendo platform with no connectivity to the online community. Nintendo are crap at online and this just proves it. Miiverse was great.

Kthulhu

End of an era. I remember when I saw a TFA spoiler on the Smash miiverse stage.

I love Jim.

I'm going to miss the hell out of Miiverse. A place where many talented artists and real gamers shared their experiences. I remember the outpouring when Iwata died, I remember all the great help I got in games, and I will never forget the bottles in Wind Waker HD.

Here have some art.

images

images

images

images

images

images

images

images

How the hell do people do this?

Stamps were a blessing for less patient individuals such as myself who still wanted to put a simple message out:
zlCfzTO9PsMtuSn3yU

Did I mention NES Remix is going to suck without these.

Though seems I didn't post that much but if I did I mostly stuck to one game then moved onto another and my most liked posts were either low effort jokes (screenshot of Inkling shows) or actual game play tips (miranium production layout in Xenoblade X). So like the internet at large really.

Pretty sure most of the posts with extensive dithering/shading are made using external tools. The Samus and two Midna ones definitely were. Morgan Freeman looks like he could be legit, but I dunno.
Just in case people get the wrong idea the artist still has to input the drawing pixel perfectly using the GamePad which takes a pretty long time and some would actually do it without trying things out in software first.

The_Lump

Banned
Still bothers me that it was one of the few things Nintendo got absolutely right with WiiU, and they can it for the next console. Got damn.

13ruce

Banned

Here have some art.

images

images

images

images

images

images

images

images

Now i really can't wait for my Midna true/human form tattoo lol. Appointment is in next year November fuck....

Miiverse was amazing the art and drawings + community is why dang. That art is awesome even if it's through 3rd party software.

Top Bottom