• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mike Ybarra taking aim at XB leadership?

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
You're doing that MicroSoft Magic Math™, aren't you?
March 9, 2021

It's ok if you are clueless, the deal was announced in September of 2020, and no doubt was negotiated for some time prior to that, so for the non mathematically challenged that's 4 years. Nice useless smart ass answer though.

skit_data

Tangentially related:

Say Word Reaction GIF by Justin

Ashamam

It's ok if you are clueless, the deal was announced in September of 2020, and no doubt was negotiated for some time prior to that, so for the non mathematically challenged that's 4 years. Nice useless smart ass answer though.

I respect people who own their mistakes rather than moving the goal posts. What was wrong with saying you are right 3 years, but I was thinking more of the whole process. Instead you go on the attack. Attack isn't always the best defense, seems to be default these days though.

Um, they did many years ago, it's already been 4 years since they bought bethesda.
The deal isn't done until the money transfers. Contracts 101. Don't be mad because someone took you literally, if you were thinking more broadly, say so in the original post.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

I respect people who own their mistakes rather than moving the goal posts. What was wrong with saying you are right 3 years, but I was thinking more of the whole process. Instead you go on the attack. Attack isn't always the best defense, seems to be default these days though.

The deal isn't done until the money transfers. Contracts 101. Don't be mad because someone took you literally, if you were thinking more broadly, say so in the original post.

There was no goalpost moved. Moose said ms "just now" waking up to software being important, I said 4 years ago when ms was buying bethesda they knew they needed more software. If they started to negotiate for bethesda in April of 2020, is that not 4 years? Even if you go with sept when it was announced, that's closer to 4 years than 3. Who cares when it closed, in context of the conversation, the engagement to get more software happening in early 2020. (Or even earlier)

I wasn't mad at someone taking me literally (even if wrong in context), it was the condescending and rude reply. Nothing stopping Moose from saying simply that he disagree with the timeline instead of "microsoft magic math". .

Mr Moose

There was no goalpost moved. Moose said ms "just now" waking up to software being important, I said 4 years ago when ms was buying bethesda they knew they needed more software. If they started to negotiate for bethesda in April of 2020, is that not 4 years? Even if you go with sept when it was announced, that's closer to 4 years than 3. Who cares when it closed, in context of the conversation, the engagement to get more software happening in early 2020. (Or even earlier)

I wasn't mad at someone taking me literally (even if wrong in context), it was the condescending and rude reply. Nothing stopping Moose from saying simply that he disagree with the timeline instead of "microsoft magic math". .
They bought Bethesda in 2021.
MicroSoft Magic Math™ is a joke about when MS use funny math.
Moose said ms "just now" waking up to software being important
I did?

THE DUCK

They bought Bethesda in 2021.
MicroSoft Magic Math™ is a joke about when MS use funny math.
I did?

They made the offer to buy bethesda in 2020.

As to the I did, my mistake, you replied to my reply to Mr football, in which he was saying ms should have realized they needed software 10 years ago. My reply was to that in context, your interjection was in error in terms of "correcting" to 3 years.

Mr Moose

They made the offer to buy bethesda in 2020.

As to the I did, my mistake, you replied to my reply to Mr football, in which he was saying ms should have realized they needed software 10 years ago. My reply was to that in context, your interjection was in error in terms of "correcting" to 3 years.
Yes, but they didn't own them until 2021. You wouldn't say they bought Activision in January 2022, right?

THE DUCK

Yes, but they didn't own them until 2021. You wouldn't say they bought Activision in January 2022, right?

If you asked me when MS took an interest in increasing thier software lineup, which was the core of the discussion, I'd go with 2022 for Activision.

We weren't discussing when deals closed, we were discussing ms supposed 10 years of ignorance of not knowing they needed more games. Intent vs execution of a plan.

geary

He should have applied what he’s preachig while was at Blizzard. Now is virtue signaling. Many heroes appear after the war. OW2, D4, Shadowlands and many other speak louder than few tweets now.

JCK75

He's right.. Love the Series X hardware, love game pass.. but there currently are not many compelling games to set it apart and Sony does not have that problem.

JCK75

I was/am against the PlayStation pc initiative from day one.

Helldivers 2 would be DOA without launching on PC.. Games are getting more costly to make and the need to do more platforms will only grow.. especially when it's an online multiplayer game. This is also why Xbox HAS to bring COD to Playstation.

Top Bottom