• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Millionaire tries to get $829 via kickstarter to send daughter to RPG maker camp?

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
Where is that creepy Susan Wilson image (the one behind the plant) when you need it? ;-)

Edit: found it

xIgP228.gif

(Thanks Mr. Bubble)

Gah, yeah, I know. I posted the original pic to this thread and kinda regret it now...

Muku

This thing is... so full of fail at this point. I'm curious to know when KS decided to change their guidelines and why. But to be honest, not entirely surprising they did. :| I also like how Susan is trying to break every single guideline possible like it's nothing.

It's sad RC has fallen victim to Susan. He's been bribed. I'd have preferred if he told Susan to float on and had his own girls start up a KS.

@Where is Money Going To?
Again why is it any concern for people not involved in the project to know the distribution of the funds? When you invest on other Kickstarters,usually all backers want to know is the end product and the perks.

Because with large budget video game Kickstarters, they set goals. 600k initially (or whatever goal they set) to get the main portion of the game done. Then they actually give us STRETCH GOALS. You know, those things that tell us where the extra money is going? We don't question where every dollar goes because those in the business know how to spend the money to get what they need done, done. This however, cannot be comparable to Torment or anything on that scale. This is a personal project. With no budget. The initial camp is no longer being attended. She is apparently getting a free laptop. So why is the money needed now? Where is it going? Everyone is okay with just flushing money down the toilet? Hell, I'll take all your money if you don't want it, sheesh. I need a new laptop and stuff.

Plus to be fair, this KS has some of the worst, cheesy, cheapest crap ever for "rewards". I could buy shit cheaper online, have that stupid logo printed on it if I wanted it, and get it sent. Horrible rewards. What else would someone look forward to in this campaign? They've all been offered MS Office type font shit printed on hoodies, koozies (who the hell uses these anymore), etc.

Also, MommyGamers apparent was having an issue with the comments. I just read this above the comments section:

Because we have been generating such great conversation, and the current comment nesting system was so hard to follow, we have updated the comments to use Discus. Old comments should be available within 24 hrs.

EDIT: Also, for Susan and everyone else in her campaign calling Reddit, 4chan, and the rest of the internet as trolls, they should feel a bit of shame. The internet does what it does when they think something fishy is going on. BUT! These places also do some crazy ass awesome detective work. Call these guys what you will, but they've been working on the Boston bombing thing. Was reading a moment ago they might have a high res image of one of the suspects now. So Susan, would you call these guys trolls now?

And for the naysayer saying setting up a lemonade stand would be fruitless... there are four 10 year old girls in MA that set up a lemonade stand to raise money for the family of the young boy that was killed in Boston. They've raised 3k+ now or something. Yeah yeah, it's not insane money, but if you're doing it for causes that matter, people will show up. Tired of these excuses supporters keep trying.

And for the naysayer saying setting up a lemonade stand would be fruitless... there are four 10 year old girls in MA that set up a lemonade stand to raise money for the family of the young boy that was killed in Boston. They've raised 3k+ now or something. Yeah yeah, it's not insane money, but if you're doing it for causes that matter, people will show up. Tired of these excuses supporters keep trying.

Those girls have had to actually work hard for a measly 3K. They must be crazy white collar people with too much time on their hands. So much easier to just go to Kickstarter and ask for some cash... as blue collar Susan Wilson showed everyone. People are ready to throw their dollars at you, even if it's going to your college education afterwards.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
I wonder how much of that $23,000 was just seed money to increase the project's momentum put up by Wilson herself.

It'd be kinda funny if she really just managed to steal $100 or something.

inm8num2

Bella Grace about 4 hours ago

We just wanted to leave a note of encouragement for Mackenzie! My daughter (Bella-also 9) is working on building her own KS (jewelry) and we came across this project while researching. She wanted to share the love from one imaginative girl to another! Good luck with your game! Can't wait to hear about your future accomplishments! <3 Jennifer & Bella Grace

Cue Eddard Stark meme. "Brace yourselves, the mommies putting their young daughters front and center on kickstarter projects are coming."

Cue Eddard Stark meme. "Brace yourselves, the mommies putting their young daughters front and center on kickstarter projects are coming."

Well, there's nothing wrong with that if it's not as badly managed and exploitative as Susan Wilson's project.

I don't think this mom will ask for money to send her daughter to jewelry camp, just to prove her brothers wrong. Because girls CAN make jewelry, you know!

Also, you're TROLLING, man! Before the project even started! The girl should name her collection Bella's Truth Collection of Jewelry Against Trolls.

;-)

Muku

You know what I find a bit humorous right now?

Robert A Cole

I am happy to donate to this project and i look forward to sharing this game with my children. I think this is a great idea and i am glad to see it has grown to be better then expected. As for the Haters and people whining, there are far more suspect KS projects to bash making way more money then this one, The veronica mars movie for example, so lay off, if you don't like it, don't back it. Have a nice final 2 days i wish you the best.

Okay, so Robert is calling Veronica Mars questionable. Okay.

Then the Bella Grace person backs, posts, and I look at their history and only have backed VERONICA MARS and now this KS.

You know what I find a bit humorous right now?

Okay, so Robert is calling Veronica Mars questionable. Okay.

Then the Bella Grace person backs, posts, and I look at their history and only have backed VERONICA MARS and now this KS.

The $2 million the Veronica Mars project needed is not all that much as compared to other Hollywood productions if you ask me. Also they generated 285% of their target. Overfunded, but it will make some stuff easier, like they won't have to cut back as much on costumes, scenery, ... and it will make distributing the film easier. It could also allow them to put more extra's in the DVD and such.

$23K on the other hand is an awful lot for a 9yo's RPG. They generated almost 3000% (three thousand) of their target. And even the base premise (to pay for RPG camp) is no longer there.

So that comparison is laughable at best.

Note: I did not back the Veronica Mars project.

Edit: I really don't get why those backers try to defend the undefendable. If you're okay with your money being used to fund someone else's life, then that's fine. But please don't try and come up with reasons that make no sense at all.

inm8num2

Well, there's nothing wrong with that if it's not as badly managed and exploitative as Susan Wilson's project.

I don't think this mom will ask for money to send her daughter to jewelry camp, just to prove her brothers wrong. Because girls CAN make jewelry, you know!

Also, you're TROLLING, man! Before the project even started! The girl should name her collection Bella's Truth Collection of Jewelry Against Trolls.

;-)

It may not be a camp but I envision a lot of parents cashing in on the feel good success of that brave girl and her blue collar mom who overcame the bubbling hatred and jealousy of internet trolls to successfully get a free laptop and a few free trips to MIT.

"Look at my kid, he/she wants to do something, too!"

Nothing wrong with kids having interests and goals, but people are going to act like pledging to them is going to make the kids future millionaire entrepreneurs.

Muku

The $2 million the Veronica Mars project needed is not all that much as compared to other Hollywood productions if you ask me. Also they generated 285% of their target. Overfunded, but it will make some stuff easier, like they won't have to cut back as much on costumes, scenery, ... and it will make distributing the film easier. It could also allow them to put more extra's in the DVD and such.

$23K on the other hand is an awful lot for a 9yo's RPG. They generated almost 3000% (three thousand) of their target. And even the base premise (to pay for RPG camp) is no longer there.

So that comparison is laughable at best.

Note: I did not back the Veronica Mars project.

Oh I agree. I'm not sure why he even picked that one out. I didn't keep up with the Veronica Mars KS, but I remember hearing a lot of mixed reviews about it. I also like how they're comparing this project, a NINE YEAR OLD MAKING THEIR FIRST GAME to a MOVIE.

But what get's me is that, this guy is calling out the Veronica Mars movie, as questionable. Yet we're calling Susan's project as questionable. And this person that has donated to both shows up.

But what get's me is that, this guy is calling out the Veronica Mars movie, as questionable. Yet we're calling Susan's project as questionable. And this person that has donated to both shows up.

And her message basically is: come and fund my future project. :)

Muku

And her message basically is: come and fund my future project. :)

Yeah, which irked me a bit. This whole self promotion shit is getting out of hand. Just put it up and be done with it. If you get funded, great. The last thing, even if I had kids, I'd want to do is tie myself to that KS. It's already going to get a slightly off vibe because of that.

Less than a day until Susan gets to do whatever with 20k. She's admitted to not using it on website. (Still not sure why, I don't recall anyone ASKING for that website or saying she shouldn't spent their money on it.) So Susan... care to enlighten us, or do we have to wait for your BFF to post about your awesome vacation or whatever?

Also, stuff that is going on in Boston right now is just insane. It's a bit off topic, but that whole MIT thing, ugh. I hope they wrap that stuff up soon. Folks there deserve to live without fear again.

It may not be a camp but I envision a lot of parents cashing in on the feel good success of that brave girl and her blue collar mom who overcame the bubbling hatred and jealousy of internet trolls to successfully get a free laptop and a few free trips to MIT.

"Look at my kid, he/she wants to do something, too!"

Nothing wrong with kids having interests and goals, but people are going to act like pledging to them is going to make the kids future millionaire entrepreneurs.

Well, it certainly isn't a good sign that the first thing she's doing for her project is to garner attention through a project that's got 'shady' written all over it. Feels a bit opportunistic already, as you stated.

But before her project is even live, it's hard to tell where this will end. I don't know what's required, and if there even is a market, for jewelry of a 9yo. What we do know however is that there seemingly is a market for 9 year old girls asking for money now so that they don't have to when sugar daddy's get interested in them.

Edit: new update. Susan complying to the guidelines all of a sudden. We wouldn't want her project to get cancelled now that the $24K is so close, would we? Funny how she basically admits she never even bothered reading those guidelines in the past month.

Susan Wilson said:
Just learned we need a new way to decide on the names of a few trolls because the proposed method from the last update could violate Kickstarter's rule - No contests, raffles, coupons, or lifetime membership.
Certainly not intentional, just looking for a fun way to end the campaign. Please post ideas below and let's figure out how or what to name at least 5 trolls.
Sorry & Thanks!

Muku

Edit: new update. Susan complying to the guidelines all of a sudden. We wouldn't want her project to get cancelled now that the $24K is so close, would we? Funny how she basically admits she never even bothered reading those guidelines in the past month.

Yeah, it's been up for a few hours, but I don't believe it. The book is still by someone else completely. So I dunno, I'd still say it doesn't match up to guidelines. I also like how she goes "OH LETS DO THIS!" without reading the rules. Then later comes back and changes the game because someone else had to do the work for her to tell her it was out of line.

Sadly, HumanGames has said it best:

@KingRidley, your posts made a lot of sense, thank you for stepping forward, unfortunately they almost instantly fell on deaf ears and within a few comments the "Troll" word was fired off once more.
The unicorn adventure was a beautiful example of family game development, a really exceptional game made with love, without begging for money and without a hint of personal a-gender.

@RC, wow, how incredibly condescending of you! Your "I have seen the light and so should you" speech is reminiscent of TheArtFactory's "holier than thou" monologues. Bravo.
Also, this is a crowd funding site not a charity, backers/investors expect to know what will be done with the money, especially when this project is such a personal/emotive one. The idea that only backers who are now friends should know the "project info" is insulting however, you answered it anyway...the money will of course be pocketed by the Wilson family, that is the very nature of a "Fund my life" campaign.
Finally I have always had my suspicions of you and your brand new shiny profile, but maybe that's just because I'm cynical, which is why I don't support this type of project.

@several recent supporters, these few recent posts are great examples of how so many people use kickstarter = log in, read buzz word but fail to read the TOS, wave flag and throw money at problem, call everyone who doesn't comply a hater, then leave.

@The supporters, I'm sure most of you have very kind hearts and that you believe you are doing the right thing, to stand up for what you believe in and put your money where your mouth is, that is truly commendable.

@Non-Supporters, Not to soil that last sentiment because I sincerely meant it, but what you are doing is just as important and commendable, really good job on scratching the surface.

@TheWilsonFamily, firstly you can stop playing the victim now, the few empty handed threats you received by actual trolls have been milked bone dry, as has the misogyny angle.
We are all victims of threats and hatred in our lives, its not nice, but its not meant to be.
Although this project may not be the scam it was once perceived to be, what it certainly is though is a complete sham from the start.
The surface scratches reveal your true desires,
first you want money to get kids away from video games,
then you want money to get them into video games,
you want money for products that are good but are plagiarized,
you want money for products that bad but you designed them yourself
and you want money for all the 50 shades of grey in between.
In my opinion, the accolade you hold so dear (F.T.10.M.P.F.E) should seriously reconsider their winning criteria, I would hate to see what the losers are capable of.
Anyway, congratulations on funding your life, you seem to have got what you wanted, but probably less than you wanted. I hope it makes you happy and was worth it, because it has made a lot of other people sad :(

I also like how she goes "OH LETS DO THIS!" without reading the rules. Then later comes back and changes the game because someone else had to do the work for her to tell her it was out of line.

Oh, but she's just an unprepared mom, trying to make the best out of this situation her 9yo girl's dream got her in to.

Disclaimer: for this argument to hold up, please forget that she has her own crowd funding platform (Fundher.com), that this is far from being her first Kickstarter or crowd funding project, and that she negotiated a $100 million dollar contract with Kinkos in the past.

The real loser here is the entire Kickstarter staff.

They, right now, are John Hammond.

In a few months, they are going to have their dinner with Dr. Ellie Sadler.

"You never had control. That's the illusion. People are dying."

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Well, it certainly isn't a good sign that the first thing she's doing for her project is to garner attention through a project that's got 'shady' written all over it. Feels a bit opportunistic already, as you stated.

But before her project is even live, it's hard to tell where this will end. I don't know what's required, and if there even is a market, for jewelry of a 9yo. What we do know however is that there seemingly is a market for 9 year old girls asking for money now so that they don't have to when sugar daddy's get interested in them.

Haha, that's classy. Of course she won't break KS' guidelines. She would never do that, right guys?

Less than a day now. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Muku

Haha, that's classy. Of course she won't break KS' guidelines. She would never do that, right guys?

Less than a day now. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

We know what tomorrow brings. An end to a shady Kickstarter. Family makes off like bandits. No budget is in place. All backers don't care where their money is going for some reason. And some have just been bribed* so they don't care what happens anyway. It's a bitter end to a bitter Kickstarter.

The real loser here is the entire Kickstarter staff.

They, right now, are John Hammond.

In a few months, they are going to have their dinner with Dr. Ellie Sadler.

"You never had control. That's the illusion. People are dying."

Love the JP ref. :)

* Look at RC's most recent comment. Ugh. :(

We know what tomorrow brings. An end to a shady Kickstarter. Family makes off like bandits. No budget is in place. All backers don't care where their money is going for some reason. And some have just been bribed* so they don't care what happens anyway. It's a bitter end to a bitter Kickstarter.

I fear this is far from over.

She will no doubt add this to her "long list" of managerial successes. (even though the project has been a train wreck from start to finish)

She will no doubt start new Kickstarter projects, now that she's felt there's easy money in it. The shark has smelt blood.

And she will no doubt "want to share" her experiences of this project with other entrepeneurs. So there will be seminars, she will offer "personal coaching" (petty theft 101, according to the "trolls"), etc. ... and make more money out of that.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Love the JP ref. :)

* Look at RC's most recent comment. Ugh. :(
I still don't understand how these people don't give a damn about what happens to their money. Do they think they are doing something good? Why not donate it to charity instead?

Kickstarter had some pretty logical rules. Obviously they can't let their site turn into a begging operation and that's why the rules were in place.

They sure are fucking up.

I have not pledged to a single project since this mess began. And I have backed several.

They removed the message?

What on earth did this person say that was considered worthy of the message being removed?

I read yesterday that a comment made towards Waqar (that included an insult to his name) was still visible in the comments. Edit: Not sure if it is still there but they take their time to remove some comments...

That stays and yet a non-offensive articulate comment is removed. My blood pressure cannot take this.

That HumanGames comment was removed? Wow.

Simple. Didn't respect the Kickstarter community guidelines.

- Don&#8217;t harass or make personal attacks.
- Don't post obscene, hateful, or objectionable content.

Something stuck in my throat...

*** cough ***

Susan Wilson said:
I just confirmed David, Alex and Vernano each pledged their $1 to comment, said something nasty & immediately canceled their pledges. These 3 along with Corey & others have spent weeks on a neogaf forum bitching about me & this campaign.

And the irony is their posts clearly document their motivation, pettiness, frustration and ultimate conspiracy to destroy a 9 year old's RPG campaign

*** cough ***

Maria Nelson said:
PS Most of the trolls don't live in the US, so maybe they really only care about themselves and where they live.

PSS Go back under the bridges where you came from!!

*** cough ***

Julie said:
Corey - You're pitiful. Let the REAL investigators and journalists find the truth. Go play with your kids...They need a father to spend time with them.

** cough ***

Julie said:
Corey - How does it feel to be attacked? Doesn't feel too good, does it? Please go away!!

** cough ***

Julie said:
Corey - You're a home care provider in Kansas. Now I understand how you can comment all day long...tend to the individuals you're suppose to be caring for, please!!

** cough ***

Julie said:
Corey, Kickstarter has been in contact with Susan all day. Get over yourself!! I just saw the pledge increase. Again, how much experience do you have with Kickstarter?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
It's going to be abysmal to see her disappear with $25,000. I can't wait to see how the "valiant supporters of a child's dream" will feel when their bubbles burst.

Maybe she'll buy her daughter a $10 Konoha headband on their way to Jamaica.

It's going to be abysmal to see her disappear with $25,000. I can't wait to see how the "valiant supporters of a child's dream" will feel when their bubbles burst.

$25,000 is not the kind of money you run off with. They will deliver a game, probably a terrible one, but nevermind that: the backers will get a game in July.

They probably will go on a well deserved family vacation in August though; after the ordeal this project has been, they have every right to use the remaining $24,999 that was not spent on the production of the game.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
$25,000 is not the kind of money you run off with. They will deliver a game, probably a terrible one, but nevermind that: the backers will get a game in July.

They probably will go on a well deserved family vacation in August though; after the ordeal this project has been, they have every right to use the remaining $24,999 that was not spent on the production of the game.
Don't forget, buying bunkbeds for friends who drew some stuff for you is video game budget too. So their vacation will have to cost what, $200 less than that. Big sacrifices!

Plus, Kenzie making the game doesn't mean she has to do anything like learn how to program or create any art, just scribble some stuff and let mom make up the troll story and backer bonuses as supporters do the rest.

Don't forget, buying bunkbeds for friends who drew some stuff for you is video game budget too. So their vacation will have to cost what, $200 less than that. Big sacrifices!

Plus, Kenzie making the game doesn't mean she has to do anything like learn how to program or create any art, just scribble some stuff and let mom make up the story and backer bonuses as supporters do the rest.

A business savvy woman like Susan doesn't agree to just pay for a bunkbed. She probably agreed with RC that he will get 5% of the profits of Truth & Trolls: The Pen and Paper Companion (the RPG sourcebook that is sold afterwards through DriveThruRPG). She probably estimated in her business plan that the book will make another $20,000, so that RC can count on at least on $1,000. So RC gladly agreed to be Susan's hand puppet.

Now, the book is obviously not going to make as much. But what does RC know? And afterwards Susan can just go: "We were a bit unlucky there, RC, it's probably the economy. But here's your 5%." *gives RC $5.*

inm8num2

This could kill Kickstarter

If by kill, you mean not matter to the vast majority of kickstarter users who either don't know about the project or don't care if it's violated numerous rules, then yes you are correct.

Nobody outside of this thread will remember that project in a few days.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

They deserve it as much as she doesn't deserve the money. And this is not victim blaming, as these people ARE responsible for watching where their money is going. They had plenty of time to learn that this is a scam. There were several comments on that matter in the KS' comments section and also this thread, which was linked on there too.

All these guys had to do was read a post or two, think for 30 seconds and realise it was all shady as hell, both this project and her previous ones. They simply didn't care. Therefore I have no sympathy for them.

4 hours to go and nothing is happening really... no last minute update to raise enthusiasm for the $50K stretch goal. No comments, apart from a few on the last update. Susan has just been laying low all day until she can take the $24k to the bank, even though she couldn't resist adding in a little trolling the "trolls":

Susan Wilson said:
This really is a 9 year old's game but clearly the story is reflecting real life but isn't that what makes the best games and movies?

inm8num2

4 hours to go and nothing is happening really... no last minute update to raise enthusiasm for the $50K stretch goal. No comments, apart from a few on the last update. Susan has just been laying low all day until she can take the $24k to the bank, even though she couldn't resist adding in a little trolling the "trolls":

Expect her to maintain radio silence for much of the next few months.

"Hey backers, don't worry if you don't hear from me too frequently. It's because I'm putting in 15 hours days on PinkieSquare, Creative Commons, and giving KIDS access to make GAMES!"

Expect her to maintain radio silence for much of the next few months.

"Hey backers, don't worry if you don't hear from me too frequently. It's because I'm putting in 15 hours days on PinkieSquare, Creative Commons, and giving KIDS access to make GAMES!"

You forgot the truthandtrolls.com website. So that would be 18 hours days.

Note how that site (which is supposed to be about the core product of the project) is still not live, while PinkieSquare (a potential future money maker) is...

inm8num2

You forgot the truthandtrolls.com website. So that would be 18 hours days.

Note how that site (which is supposed to be about the core product of the project) is still not live, while PinkieSquare (a potential future money maker) is...

You're just another naysayer. Come on, there's enough hate in this world. Open yourself to GOOD and TRUTH, for it was once said by the wise, noble Susan Wilson that...

I don't want to move backward, but when the of this campaign is told that the truth (the real truth - which I've always been a fan of) is fully told

You're just another naysayer. Come on, there's enough hate in this world. Open yourself to GOOD and TRUTH, for it was once said by the wise, noble Susan Wilson that...

It's probably just little me being a naysayer again, but I'd like to know if Alex' question below her comment in your image has been answered in the meanwhile. ;-)

inm8num2

It's probably just little me being a naysayer again, but I'd like to know if Alex' question below her comment in your image has been answered in the meanwhile. ;-)

Well if anyone dare asks about the laptop money from Susan's own budget the comment will be removed and that person will be banned from KS.

Oh, did Susan change her budget after she outsourced the responsibilities and research to her proud backers?

Well if anyone dare asks about the laptop money from Susan's own budget the comment will be removed and that person will be banned from KS.

Oh, did Susan change her budget after she outsourced the responsibilities and research to her proud backers?

I think the backers are now responsible for the budget as well. She's probably waiting for them to come up with something.
But given how they gladly part with their money for such an obvious scam, they're kind of slow as well in actually delivering anything sensible. Can't blame Susan for that, can you?

inm8num2

I think the backers are now responsible for the budget as well. She's probably waiting for them to come up with something.
But given how they gladly part with their money for such an obvious scam, they're kind of slow as well in actually delivering anything sensible. Can't blame Susan for that, can you?

Nothing says "getting your money's worth" like doing the work for someone who's scamming you out of that money.

Nothing says "getting your money's worth" like doing the work for someone who's scamming you out of that money.

Lol. I bet the Wilson family have that catch phrase framed and hanging somewhere in their living room.

Edit: almost $600 raised already these last two days. Mind-boggling.

inm8num2

Lol. I bet the Wilson family have that catch phrase framed and hanging somewhere in their living room.

That's the crux of her con. Make people feel a part of "something bigger".

- kids
- games
- kids making games
- website for kids to make games
- etc.

The only good thing out of all this nonsense is that aside from the first few days, when a lot of people pledged for emotional reasons without actually thinking about what they were supporting, Susan really hasn't been able to fool any large number of people.

She's gained about 40 backers the last couple days, but relatively speaking I think most people have been smart enough to see through the bullshit or saw threads like this one exposing the con for what it is.

inm8num2

More outsourcing (from update comments).

Creator Susan Wilson about 6 hours ago

Thanks @RC. Now I'll never enjoy peppermint in quite the same way again. ;)

BTW - does anyone have any suggestions on crowd sourcing tech that can be incorporated into the TruthandTrolls.com website so we can really create an organized way for ideas to be voted on, etc.? I know a few of you mentioned other sites and I'm guessing the tech. they're using is built by someone else and just incorporated into their site. So if you know of anything useful, please let me know b/c I really want Kenzie to be able to interact with the backers as this unfolds in a way that makes it enjoyable, informative, inspiring AND FUN for her.

LOL she is good.

Creator Susan Wilson about 7 hours ago

@BJ Mickle, you're absolutely right. In the end, it's all just confusion. misunderstanding and a whole lot of nonsense that gets in the way of everyone being friends. But I'm with you, I like the more descriptive names b/c then it makes it that much more special when they're able to return to their natural form - perhaps as a beautiful butterfly, a cute little mouse, or a missing Prince.

This really is a 9 year old's game but clearly the story is reflecting real life but isn't that what makes the best games and movies? So everyone speak up. Throw out ideas. Kenzie will be the "DECIDER" and the one making the game but there's no reason the adventures, quests, characters, familial trees, etc. can't come from the crowd.

In case anyone doesn't know or doesn't have a 9 year old, the fact that anyone care about her project and has an opinion or idea is HUGE for her. Just like the first day when she emailed the first few Kickstarter backers directly and they were positive messages from all over the world. She left for school standing 2" taller and that's something she will forever have gotten from this project and there's lots more of that to do when we get other kids and grown ups involved.

PS - that's also why I feel proud as a Mom b/c the outcome of this campaign are so far beyond money (which was the original point I'd tried to make but perhaps made the wrong way - meaning it wasn't just about the money b/c I could have funded the camp. It was something BIGGER. It was about a 9 year old girl proving to her brothers that she could do what they couldn't - which meant proving them wrong. That's empowering for a young girl to experience and it was eye opening for the boys too. Gender was less an issue than sibling rivalry and all of my kids are at impressionable ages and I wanted them to and the lessons I (along with every member of my family) have learned are things that will forever shape us (and that includes the mistakes).

This lady is a dishonest sociopath, but I tip my hat to her.

Creator Susan Wilson about 9 hours ago

Kenzie loves having other people involved so THIS is exactly what she loves. That other people would even want to name characters in her game is SUPER COOL to her. Remember, she's 9. There are plenty of characters and she's the ultimate decision maker but like most people creating something, it's much more fun to involve the fan base or potential fan base in making a game that everyone feels part of. THAT'S COOL and she gets it. She's contributed ideas on other projects so she knows all about being on both sides of this and how fun it is to see an idea or name you picked become part of the bigger vision.

I feel like we've predicted her every move. Just ride that "community" aspect all the way to the bank. Maybe if Susan's lucky she'll have time to shop for groceries while RC and the other marks of the con do all the work.

Top Bottom