• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Milo Yiannopoulos is Going on Real Time with Bill Maher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jezbollah

Milo feeds off the indignation of those he opposes. The most harm you can do to him is ignore him.

But people can't. And won't. And while there are people posting 3000 replies to a thread of him on GAF, to him being banned from Twitter, to people rioting on university campus' - all this is doing is providing him the oxygen he needs.

Indifference and obscurity is his enemy.

Polari

Milo feeds off the indignation of those he opposes. The most harm you can do to him is ignore him.

But people can't. And won't. And while there are people posting 3000 replies to a thread of him on GAF, to him being banned from Twitter, to people rioting on university campus' - all this is doing is providing him the oxygen he needs.

Yeah it's hilarious. His while schtick is baiting people, and people rise to it everytime, filling his coffers and expanding his fanbase further.

Yeah it's hilarious. His while schtick is baiting people, and people rise to it everytime, filling his coffers and expanding his fanbase further.

So you both agree that Maher got played

Milo is a clown. As a British person, Americans need to stop employing the worst British journalists (Piers, Milo, Louise Mensch). As a gay man, I find Milo totally embarrassing. His appearance and use of symbolic flippancy (gay! Jew! black boyfriend hello!!) shows how little he actually lives that life on a deeper level. He is performative and living on the surface. He wants fame to fill a deeper void. In my eyes he made a complete fool of himself, these shows have no real space to give real attention to the matters at hand. They're all scrambling over false facts, exaggerations and hyperbole for the most laughs.

*his accent is accentuated too. It personally doesn't quite sound right to me.
Stop calling the dipshit "clown", for fucks sake. This is another attempt at normalizing that asshole's behavior, whether intentionally or not. He's a fascist hero on the far right, a curiosity in the middle and begrudgingly admired by new atheists like Bill Maher on the left. In fact, he's propped up as a hero by Republicans too because he gets "SJWs and college kids all riled up". Look at Jack Kingston coming to this punk's defense in Overtime.

If people stopped falling for his obvious bait trolling, which Milo himself is open in saying that is what it all is, he'd be irrelevant tomorrow

The interview will bill just proved it

Going on TV and claiming trans folk are more likely to be sexual predators is not trolling. Purposely calling trans women men is not trolling

Ignoring Milo doesn't do shit because he's fine with not being noticed by a ton of people as long as he still gets to hurt someone. He was an unknown before GamerGate, and he was still exactly the same as he is now.

docbon

Stop calling the dipshit "clown", for fucks sake. This is another attempt at normalizing that asshole's behavior, whether intentionally or not. He's a fascist hero on the far right, a curiosity in the middle and begrudgingly admired by new atheists like Bill Maher on the left. In fact, he's propped up as a hero by Republicans too because he gets "SJWs and college kids all riled up". Look at Jack Kingston coming to this punk's defense in Overtime.

Much like a clown, he derives entertainment from the presence of small children.

I mean, if the shoe fits. Honk.

royalan

Going on TV and claiming trans folk are more likely to be sexual predators is not trolling. Purposely calling trans women men is not trolling

I'm starting to think these people just like Milo. Because anything other than letting him do exactly what he wants to do seems to be the wrong move for liberals...

Just like all those suspect, "I don't like Milo...but gee gosh isn't he just so charming?" comments.

Milo reminds me of every racist/problematic gay man I'd run into at the club on the weekend. Hell no he isn't fucking charming. He's a bigot.

Sianos

Free speech is important as a general principle: now let's talk about some specifics, because in the real world not everything is a black and white dichotomy. Sometimes there are edge cases to general principles, and right now we are by all accounts at the very least at the precipice, if not already hurtled past it.

What exactly is it so terrible to ask that these hateful views are not presented without competent opposition at an institution for higher learning? Yes, exposing people to bullshit in a controlled environment so they can be inoculated against it and develop the tools to identify bullshit out in the wild is important. But the important part is the part where people develop the skills to recognize and counteract bullshit, not the part where you just shovel a bunch of bullshit in front of students. That seems antithetical to learning.

I keep hearing how important it is for people's beliefs to be challenged, but it seems to me more like what's happening is people want hateful bullshit to be propped up onto even footing with actually well-justified ideas without having to actually do any work to compose a coherent argument... because that work would require them to have to challenge their beliefs to work them into any sort of form that could be construed and supported in a logical fashion.

Boke1879

This man talking about it being ok for grown men and 13 year olds to have sex.

That's not trolling when you're spouting all your hateful shit to an audience that's ok with it. To people who will actively try to hurt and stamp out your rights.

The Kree

Banned
I'm starting to think these people just like Milo. Because anything other than letting him do exactly what he wants to do seems to be the wrong move for liberals...

Just like all those suspect, "I don't like Milo...but gee gosh isn't he just so charming?" comments.

Milo reminds me of every racist/problematic gay man I'd run into at the club on the weekend. Hell no he isn't fucking charming. He's a bigot.

Been thinking that. I see no reason to cape for this asshole whatsoever other than liking what he's doing. Fuck free hate speech, fuck debating, fuck ignoring. There's only one thing that needs to happen - he needs to be silenced. He's adding nothing of value to society with his words and behavior.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
The Kree said:
he needs to be silenced. He's adding nothing of value to society with his words and behavior.

He should be ignored. His free speech is as important as yours. If bringing him into a show drives up ratings, they are going to bring him back, it's economics.

He is a simple shock personality, saying what many think. He probably believes what he says too.

Boke1879

He should be ignored. His free speech is as important as yours. If bringing him into a show drives up ratings, they are going to bring him back, it's economics.

He is a simple shock personality, saying what many think. He probably believes what he says too.

He shouldn't be invited on shows for all the shit he said.

But defending the rape of 13 year old kids means he should never publicly be booked on anything ever again. Fuck him!

The Kree

Banned

No, his speech is not as important as mine. He and I are not equals. He should be in jail for orchestrating harassment campaigns. This is not up for debate.

.JayZii

Banned
Milo is apparently unknowingly a case for how much being molested as a child can fuck people up mentally. Obviously not everyone is affected the same way, but he has really leaned into it in the most toxic way.

Foffy

Banned

Complains about the reshaping of the concept and language of gender, and yet he complains and reshapes what pedophilia is..?

Sure, he's talking about ephebophilia, but he's using very dark language to make a very perverse difference.

13 years old is an age of sexual maturity? He is literally proposing a Christian view of what they propagandize all gays to long for and do...

A walking fucking contradiction. Holy fuck.

In what world is calling somebody a clown "normalizing their behavior"? That's absurd

nomis

C5EtMveVUAAG-0N

242.gif

Boke1879

If true, still free speech, correct?

I wonder if the pure free speech advocates are still willing to stand in defense of allowing such views on any platform.

I saw Tapper tweet about this earlier. I've seen some others as well. He's getting shit for this. Rightfully so.

In what world is calling somebody a clown "normalizing their behavior"? That's absurd

Because calling someone a "clown" means they're a joke.

Once again:

Milo. Is. Not. A. Joke.

It doesn't matter if he's a con artist who sells himself on saying horrible things. He's got a whole lot of people who support and believe the things he says, and are willing to do terrible things because of them to other people.

It's not a game, it's not a joke, it's not funny, it's not just a troll, and it needs to be taken seriously.

Foffy

Banned

In his head, he's normalized the nope.

He thinks pedophilia is on children with no sexual maturity. To him, that's younger than teens.

In terms of definitions, he's an ephebophile, but that's something one normally calls straight up pedophilia. This is how you can get "the videos are real but the claims are fake" type of spin from him. ;)

He also is likely aware of the whole conservative thought that gay men pray on young boys.

Low and behold here he is as a gay man to serve as an example.

"It's not homophobic to fear for our children around gay men. Look at Milo he's one of the good ones and even he admits it."

Dude is a fucking menance.

royalan

Fuck no.

Remove the word "trans" and add "black" and/or "gay" to this fuck's statements and then try to tell me to respect his free speech. Fuck no I wouldn't. And don't expect me to respect his speech because he's maligning a group that I'm not apart of. That is selfish and bordering on inhuman.

Milo is not a shock personality. Don't dress up his hate because it doesn't personally bother you. He's a hatemonger pushing a rhetoric that has and WILL CONTINUE to get innocent people hurt. I will never respect him or his right to speak. And NOBODY who respects a free and civil society should.

Well yeah, of course he doesn't support pedophilia. He even says so in the videos in question, where he makes it very clear that 13-14 year old boys having sex with adult men is super cool and totally not pedophilia because they aren't prepubescent. The semantic argument is a real winner.

nomis

In his head, he's normalized the nope.

He thinks pedophilia is on children with no sexual maturity. To him, that's younger than teens.

In terms of definitions, he's an ephebophile, but that's something one normally calls straight up pedophilia. This is how you can get "the videos are real but the claims are fake" type of spin from him. ;)

Exactly. It's all fucking semantics with this dude. "Pedo" is just a colloquialism to most people.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
You can't be anti-establishment and say that, I don't think he can recover from that. Talk about not knowing your base.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I saw Tapper tweet about this earlier. I've seen some others as well. He's getting shit for this. Rightfully so.

Good. Maybe that is the thing to finally get moderates and conservatives to cast him aside.

Haha, you can tell he's rattled by this.

Yeah, republicans will adjust to a lot nowadays but there are still four things you cannot do

1. say anything against America, Ronald Reagan, or Jesus
2. be pro pedophilia or done it
3. be anti-cop, pro-Islam or pro BLM
4. kill a dog

I suspect you will see a disinvite from CPAC on Monday, he's going to have to spin super hard to get away from that Rogan interview.

he purposefully outed a transgender student during a university talk, which led her to quit school.

Just to keep the record straight, thats not exactly true. The trans student already had quit school by the time Milo gave the talk. He didn't out her, she had filed a Title IX complaint a few months earlier and given interviews on local news about the issue she had with the school, he was using images from the interview.

A shitty thing to do to anyone, and he definitely made fun of her appearance and trans in general but he didn't cause her to leave the school. The interview she gave about it:
https://broadly.vice.com/en_us/article/trans-student-harassed-by-milo-yiannopoulos-speaks-out

Boke1879

Jake Tapper
@jaketapper
Friend of mine, conservative, could not be more distraught by this Milo tape. Was molested as a child. Horrified.

8:42pm · 19 Feb 2017 · TweetDeck

David Frum @davidfrum
23m
Yes the Milo/CPAC story is bad. Meanwhile, the president of the United States has confessed on tape to serial sexual assault

A couple of people talking about it

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom