• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition |OT| Big Third Party Support From Microsoft

You will love it. Get bored with it. Pick it back up and play it for hundreds of hours. Get bored again. Go back for another 100 hours.

This game is nuts with how it just sucks you in. Being on a good portable device might be the most dangerous the game has ever been.

This is why I'm hesitant to quintuple dip (is that even a word? 5th purchase). I'm going to end up wasting lots and lots of time playing a game I already played for hundreds of hours :p

"Legos" seems to be an Americanisation of the real word...except they're doing it to a Danish one rather than an English one. I've put it in the same quaint basket as their inability to say tomato and pavement and getting uppity about tea. ;)

The differences between us are what makes life interesting I guess :)

alexbull_uk

It'll be great to play real Minecraft on the go.

Guess this'll mark the 9th version of Minecraft I own, lol.

PC Java
PC Windows 10
Xbox 360
PlayStation 3
Xbox One
PlayStation 4
PE iOS
PE Android

PC Java
PC Windows 10
Xbox 360
PlayStation 3
Xbox One
PlayStation 4
PE iOS
PE Android

Noob. Only 8 versions purchased. Let me guess, you probably only played 200 hours on each, right?

I can't imagine all that double dipping, especially for inferior versions. I got PC early when IIRC it was cheaper ($15?) and got the Pocket version for like $1 during one of the few sales there has ever been on any Minecraft software.

This is the only new version I want, though. The portability for the full version plus splitscreen etc. sound great.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill

PC Java
PC Windows 10
Xbox 360
PlayStation 3
Xbox One
PlayStation 4
PE iOS
PE Android

Not even gear vr ,vita and pi3 ? What an amateur

f@luS

More than a member.
Please enlighten me
I tried the game on PS3 i thinks

I saw no interest in it. But it seems I'm missing something

I won't create anything , I just want to play. Is it worth it ?

My review of the game went up at USgamer this morning as well. It's sad that you can't buy the $19.99 standalone on Switch, but I wouldn't have regretted the $30 purchase as a Minecraft fan.

What's the survival mode like, and can that be played multiplayer? I know the free-building aspect is what attracts most people to the game, but i've always really enjoyed the survival mode. Are all of the mobs from the desktop version in the Switch game? Are there custom 'nintendo-themed' mobs? Does it have the same endgame as the desktop versions?

Look at the lies in this post. Just look at them.

brb, on my way to pick up the new amiibos to display next to my collection of legos. bitch
*hyperventilates*

Yeah, I just find it amusing when corporations try to police what their product is called. I still call the Xbox One "Xbone" for giggles.

I love calling it Xbone. If they made a handheld and literally called it X-Bone and it was shaped like a flat bone-shaped dog biscuit with a screen in the middle I'd lose my mind.

Plum

Awesome!

Why's that, is there somthing wrong with it?

Third Person in Minecraft is literally just First Person but with the camera centered at the back of your head. It's really quite awkward to play it that way as, especially when mining or exploring caves, your character can block your view of a lot of stuff.

Is this the only game where the top bragging rights about it is how many versions of it you purchased?

Only played the PS4 version. By the time the Wii U version came out I was busy playing Bayonetta and Xenoblade X.

I'm getting this one because creative mode should be a great travel time waster.

PS: WHY are they doing a worldwide same hour launch though? Do they want to crash the eShops?

13ruce

Banned
10 min till the biggest third party game ever drops on Switch:p

I will buy it and make some cool stuff to impress my nephews again hehe, they love Minecraft to death.

Ninja Dom

It's almost 2am in U.K. And I'm waiting to download.

It's only a 500MB download so it shouldn't crash the eShop servers with the simultaneous worldwide release...should it?

zeioIIDX

I have played Minecraft on and off since it was in alpha and was being sold for $13 lol. I bought it on Windows 7, Windows 10, got the mobile version, the Wii U version...and now I'm about to get the Switch version -_- That 60FPS is what I'm hyped about since I play splitscreen with my daughter. Plus being able to play it on the go or in bed with nice controls? Hell yeah. Why am I doing this? I am still in the middle of Zelda and just bought VOEZ lol.

Bakercat

giphy.gif

This will be my first go at Minecraft. I'm curious to finally see what all the fuss is about. It seems like it will be a game that is well-suited for a handheld like the Switch. Downloading now!

Kangi

Godspeed to everyone playing this for the first time. Discover a world. Make your own. Dig deep below the surface, or explore it. Make a village with your friends, or just freebuild what your heart desires. Endless possibilities, limitless experiences, and only so little time in the day.

Oh, and don't look directly at the Endermen.

The plural of Lego is Lego. They're Lego bricks, Lego construction sets, etc. If corporate ever heard us say "Legos" at work we'd get into biiiig trouble.

Huh. Good to know.

Saying "Legos" exposes you as casul. This is how they fish out corporate spies.

I am a Lego casual. I buy them occasionally, but I'm not a Legohead, or whatever they call themselves. My Lego fix is taken care of on the digital side these days.

Awesome.
Can you confirm 1080 docked? The Time review said 720 all the time which doesn't make much sense.

I'm getting a 1080p signal from it in docked, but no clue if that's native. I'm hitting up the DF guys to make sure.

Speely

Banned
I am going in completely blind. Never played before and know only the most general info about it. Kinda psyched, and glad I waited till this version to try it out.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I am going in completely blind. Never played before and know only the most general info about it. Kinda psyched, and glad I waited till this version to try it out.

Those green cactus guys are your friends.
Invite them into your first build house 😍

Top Bottom