• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition |OT| Big Third Party Support From Microsoft

Ninja Dom

As with many others, this is my first time. Shall I just dive into a full new game with the Super Mario pack enabled?

Also I'm setting the game to online - so will other people (not in my friends list) come into my game?

13ruce

Banned
I don't see the plastic texture up on the store yet

this is the first game that has so many extras on the store.

If you click on add ons and scroll down it should be there i just bought it on the EU store, Same page as where you can buy Minecraft btw.

And true there even is a bundle for all of those extras.

Veitsev

As with many others, this is my first time. Shall I just dive into a full new game with the Super Mario pack enabled?

Also I'm setting the game to online - so will other people (not in my friends list) come into my game?

I wouldn't use the Super Mario pack first. Get used to the game as its originally intended before going into a version that changes how a lot of things look.

Only people on your friends list can join your online games.

Ryhian

If I buy the game on a region other than US if I log back into my primary region can I buy the texture packs from US store?

OmegaFax

I'm getting a 1080p signal from it in undocked, but no clue if that's native. I'm hitting up the DF guys to make sure.

I don't think it's 1080p native.

Switch:

lJ8DjrE.jpg

PS4:

Ra7jc7x.jpg

Loaded the same map at the approximate location on each system and kind of looked at the pixels across the top of the block when moving my POV from left to right.

Digital Foundry will have something a lot more scientific over this stone age phone camera capture from a native 1080p display.

Veitsev

Huge noob question here but is there a general objective to this game?

Not really. Its about surviving and making stuff, exploring the world, etc. There is technically what amounts to a main campaign: two "worlds" you can find/explore with an ultimate main objective that you can choose to pursue with its own steep requirements. These worlds are underground and very dangerous and require planning ahead. Ultimately a sandbox with no guided direction whatsoever for the most part.

Loaded the same map at the approximate location on each system and kind of looked at the pixels across the top of the block when moving my POV from left to right.

Digital Foundry will have something a lot more scientific over this stone age phone camera capture from a native 1080p display.

Good to know in meantime!

Wow playing Minecraft with a controller after over a year of KB+M (it's actually the game that TAUGHT me how to use KB+M) is fucking me uuuuup

There is a survival mode with a final boss

Not really. Its about surviving and making stuff, exploring the world, etc. There is technically what amounts to a main campaign: two "worlds" you can find/explore with an ultimate main objective that you can choose to pursue with its own steep requirements. These worlds are underground and very dangerous and require planning ahead. Ultimately a sandbox with no guided direction whatsoever for the most part.

Cool. I haven't jumped in completely on a Minecraft game before so apologies for the confusion.

Bakercat

I shared my friend code in the switch friend code thread, but I'll leave it here in case anyone wants to add me for minecraft sessions. I'll probably play on and off tonight for short bursts.

The name's Bakercat.

Friend code: SW-2464-1673-3515

AwesomeMeat

PossumMeat
Screw it. I'm in. I never bought or played a console version of Minecraft and consider the PC VR Vive mod to be the definitive version and way to play... But switch is great and mobile Minecraft seems like a good match.

Mik2121

Bought it. I have only ever played the PC version (played hundreds of hours there though). I always ignored the console and smartphone versions since I didn't want to get stuck to a small world while still playing in front of a TV, and mobile sounded great but the controls were too off putting. The Switch version seems to be the best of both worlds.
Worried this version might mess with my free time now, haha! :)

rcl66

Getting a error trying to go to switch eshop. "Unable to communicate with the server, could not perform DNS name resolution." Anyone seen this before? First time it's ever happened. Mincecraft broke the eshop?

trebbble

Seems like a lot of fun as a new player, but there are definitely frame drops in the full game. I noticed them right away in the tutorial when playing handheld.

Getting a error trying to go to switch eshop. "Unable to communicate with the server, could not perform DNS name resolution." Anyone seen this before? First time it's ever happened. Mincecraft broke the eshop?

I had to restart my Switch. Afterwards, I was able to access eshop just fine.

This is the fist time I've ever played Minecraft. (Unless you count playing a handful of minutes of some of the clones.)

I really like the Super Mario pack. The looping Mario 64 music is a nice touch.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Is it just me or the game frame skips when loading something far away or a lot of things in the same area?
Got framedips when i approached the jungle.

This locked 60fps story is bullshit.

I got recreate it 100% of the time.
Look away from jungle.
Look at jungle.

Instant stutters handheld mode.
Love the added mario pack.
But the music is unfit for this game.
Way to upbeat.

KingBroly

Banned

So 720p native then? (IMO)

I guess that makes sense.

Lylo

Oh man, i just bought this game...again! I know that i will spend very little time with it in the end, just like i did with the PC, PS4 and Android versions, but i feel like it's almost obligatory to own this game on Switch, this version seems to be really good.

Minecraft's longevity has actually been amazing to me. I wonder if more studios simply kept pushing their games forward with the generations if they would succeed.

13ruce

Banned
Are the city, festive, medieval and natural texture packs free:eek:? I only thought this came with the mario pack so that's a nice surprise imo.

I'm weak, guys. Very weak. I bought Minecraft again. And then bought every piece of DLC on the store just for the variety. Gods help me....

13ruce

Banned
Added you both name is the same as my gaf username so that's easy:p

Code is SW-3394-8146-2614 feel free to add me i accept all requests. I play MK 8, Minecraft, Fast RMX and i will also get Splatoon 2.

Etika's stream is pushing me towards actually buying this. The more he trashed the game the more viewers he got lol.

Deathmatch looks like dumb fun.

AEREC

Got framedips when i approached the jungle.

This locked 60fps story is bullshit.

I got recreate it 100% of the time.
Look away from jungle.
Look at jungle.

Instant stutters handheld mode.
Love the added mario pack.
But the music is unfit for this game.
Way to upbeat.

Ya...rain tanks the frame rate too. I was getting what felt like sub 30 fps with hitches in parts of the tutorial during rain (docked).

"60 fps at all times" should probably be removed from the OP.

Top Bottom