• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Wait so does this mean the new world is in and playable?

Yes, yes it does!

Oooohhhh, the new Multiverse world is up and running now?

I'm gonna try like hell to sit down and log on for a few hours tonight. Moving myself to the new frontier and starting a new outpost base! First order of business is to settle a spot. Second order of business is to go horse hunting..

defel

I just tried it, type /mv tp [name] gafland

I immediately ran into a house, blocked the door and logged out lol

EVIL

I'm gonna try like hell to sit down and log on for a few hours tonight. Moving myself to the new frontier and starting a new outpost base! First order of business is to settle a spot. Second order of business is to go horse hunting..

don't kill them all mengy

-Minsc-

He Ark, it seems I don't have access to the /back command. :)

BTW, could you possibly remove the end and nether from the list of worlds we can teleport to? Shouldn't be as easy as typing /mv tp world_nether. ;)

Z_Y

Is there any way to buy a download code online in the US?

Trying to get this for me and my daughter but neither our local Gamestop or WalMart have the card in stock. From what I can tell the only way to buy this in the US is via a card sold at retail. Why is that? =/

Ark

He Ark, it seems I don't have access to the /back command. :)

BTW, could you possibly remove the end and nether from the list of worlds we can teleport to? Shouldn't be as easy as typing /mv tp world_nether. ;)

Everything isn't back at 100% yet; I've still got to go through the permissions and make sure each group has the rights perms :)

I'll be home in a few hours and I'll be able to finalise everything then.

I'm still slightly tempted to try a different seed because that world isn't particularly great for villages and temples. But maybe I'm just being picky..

Mengy

I'm still slightly tempted to try a different seed because that world isn't particularly great for villages and temples. But maybe I'm just being picky..

If you want a cool seed to try, use "instantly". All lower case, without the quotes. Really interesting generation in that one.

defel

Ive been playing with "instantly" in my SP world and its got so many amazing caves right at spawn. There arent many villages though.

Here are ten seeds which have quad witch-huts (i.e. four witch huts that are close enough together that they can all be simultaneously active.)

1. 52224679966
2. 1187335496273
3. 2525622861600
4. 2660855503306
5. 3003176474149
6. 3035488163607
7. 5256019584097
8. 1544926775688359
9. 1874020523034738747
10. 3405234264848400443

Source

We need to be careful since the world generation seems to be getting a big overhaul. Maybe find a seed with a large starting island then we can venture past that island once the update is released

I was planning to sort out the spawn point on Gafland today but a certain someone left spawn protection in place so I can't. So when you go to Gafland and immediately die feel free to blame Ark for that ;-)

Ark

I was planning to sort out the spawn point on Gafland today but a certain someone left spawn protection in place so I can't. So when you go to Gafland and immediately die feel free to blame Ark for that ;-)

I'm not sure how to remove it. Also you could just build it somewhere else and I can move the spawn :p

Trying to get this for me and my daughter but neither our local Gamestop or WalMart have the card in stock. From what I can tell the only way to buy this in the US is via a card sold at retail. Why is that? =/
Of course; you can buy it directly from Mojang. That's the only way to do it. Technically, the card just gives you the code that Mojang'd otherwise be supplying you, but you get the convenience of doing it from a brick and mortar store (insofar as buying digital download content from a brick and mortar store instead of an online shop is "convenient").

Mengy

So Jeb posted a pic of a new cliffs biome:

wHwdf0s.jpg

Kind of cool, kind of looks like steep extreme mountain, until you look up top and notice two things:

1. flatter land and trees are up top, would make for some nice base spots,

And the big one......

2. SNOW UP TOP BUT NOT BELOW OR ON THE SIDES???

It looks to me like yeppers, Jeb may have implemted height specific snowfall?? !!!!! That would be so cool, snow topped mountains and such.....

mr.beers

How does one join the neogaf server?

Has anyone here delved into the FTB mods? I have had a few Single Player worlds and its quite fun and refreshing I would recommend anyone that grows bored of vanilla to give it a shot. It is quite hard to get into so I would recommend checking out Direwolf20 he has some really great tutorials/mod spotlights.

defel

Kind of cool, kind of looks like steep extreme mountain, until you look up top and notice two things:

And the big one......

It looks to me like yeppers, Jeb may have implemted height specific snowfall?? !!!!! That would be so cool, snow topped mountains and such.....

Im still hoping that we get proper mountains that go all the way up to the sky limit. Snow capped, rock-exposed all the way down with large fern forests at the bottom. Imagine doing a proper Moria build on a real mountain like that. Would be so awesome.

Mirk

How does one join the neogaf server?

Has anyone here delved into the FTB mods? I have had a few Single Player worlds and its quite fun and refreshing I would recommend anyone that grows bored of vanilla to give it a shot. It is quite hard to get into so I would recommend checking out Direwolf20 he has some really great tutorials/mod spotlights.

We have a MindCrack FTB server. Quote to see IP. Also list your IGN so I can add you to the whitelist.

kidko

Looking forward to building a little log cabin this weekend on my little riverside homestead. Saw a few cows that way so I built a little pen in case anyone feels like luring a couple in there while I'm gone :D

Mengy

some pics of gafland starting up.

Cool! I'll try to hop on tonight and build myself a nice log home too. I'll also start up a community branch mine, you know, just because I love mining. Plus I just want to see what's under New Gafland....

Cool! I'll try to hop on tonight and build myself a nice log home too. I'll also start up a community branch mine, you know, just because I love mining. Plus I just want to see what's under New Gafland....

theres a big ass ravine/abandoned mineshaft under my house. your free to branch from or into that if you want. there's access in my house if you want to check it out.

Grinchy

Banned
Gafland is nice. I had to log off so I didn't die of starvation during the night lol

I'm starting to realize I need to just build something small for safe resource collection before I build something nice.

Ark

Mineshafts and ravines. Holy shit so many mineshafts. I was in one shaft for literally hours and didn't find a single diamond :( In the end I gave up and just logged off.

I'm starting to realize I need to just build something small for safe resource collection before I build something nice.

That's what I'm doing at the moment. I'll make my little crap-shack into a proper house tomorrow, but it'll only be small.

So I started up on Neocraft finally. Started building a little cobblestone hut to store my stuff in, then I'll start my serious mining and building.

By the way, you guys are really talented and creative with the stuff you build. I'm impressed. :)

Ranger X

And the big one......

Maybe its just the new mountain biome and that snow is indeed height specific now. (except maybe snow biomes).

Wired

If there's anyone here who are good at redstone I could use some serious schooling. I decided to try my hand at making a 2x2 flush secret door, nothing too advanced.

A pic from the front when it's closed
47718071-03ad-446f-9ad7-5840499e15f5.jpg

And one from the side for the rest
3d50a242-e0f8-4096-b910-c948a16ab302.jpg

Now what I don't get is, why is it working. Don't get me wrong I'm glad I managed to figure something out without help (even though it may be less than optimal) but I'm not really seeing how all the pistons are getting power and so on. The reason I'm asking is because there's obviously really obvious things I'm unaware of, which could be of help :p

evilhomer

evilhomer14 citizen

Haven't been on in a while but became interested in playing again with the new update.

Wired I think if you power a block it can power any adjacent block also or something like that, it works with glowstone lamps also.

defel

If there's anyone here who are good at redstone I could use some serious schooling. I decided to try my hand at making a 2x2 flush secret door, nothing too advanced.

A pic from the front when it's closed

And one from the side for the rest

Now what I don't get is, why is it working. Don't get me wrong I'm glad I managed to figure something out without help (even though it may be less than optimal) but I'm not really seeing how all the pistons are getting power and so on. The reason I'm asking is because there's obviously really obvious things I'm unaware of, which could be of help :p

Its a strange quirk of the game but the bottom row of pistons in the middle are BUD (block update detector) powered which means that they arent directly powered by redstone but detect when blocks nearby change state. When the top row is unpowered the top pistons retract and they change state, the bottom row simultaneously detects the change in state and also retracts.

Morokh

Brought back some community horses at spawn, you can breed them wit golden apples/carrots and take one away.

Will try to get some stables and a proper horse pen later.

-Minsc-

This kid does a good job explaining it.

Xun

It constantly changes my gamemode whenever I pop onto NeoCraft.

Is there no way it would only change when I go to Gafland?

With this GAFLand talk, does this imply everyone started over? I'd be down to join in now if that is the case.

Looks like I was already added and I didn't remember.

Mengy

Okay, I spent some time during breakfast to update the OP with server information for NeoCraft and NeoCrack servers. However, I can't find the address for NeoCrack anywhere in the old thread. I know it's there, I just haven't been able to find it....

Could some post it up again please so I can include it in the OP? Thanks!

sgt jumpy

Banned
Okay, I spent some time during breakfast to update the OP with server information for NeoCraft and NeoCrack servers. However, I can't find the address for NeoCrack anywhere in the old thread. I know it's there, I just haven't been able to find it....

Could some post it up again please so I can include it in the OP? Thanks!
It seems like in post # 336 NihonTiger posted the server address, so just a few posts above this.

I'd love to join the server and I'm even willing to donate to the cause. Do you guys need my MC login name to have me white listed? My MC multiplayer experiences are few.

M4shy

Neo Member
But most people have settled down in our new basees? :<

People can buy Gift Codes from https://minecraft.net. I guess you could nudge someone you know who'll be willing to buy you a few and you repay them in some form.

Mengy

It seems like in post # 336 NihonTiger posted the server address, so just a few posts above this.

Nope, thats the address to Ark's Neocraft, which I already have. I need the GAF NeoCrack server address, the one running FTB on it.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

everything you can find in a village can be found through honest labour underground.

kidko

GAFLand-ians: As I was digging down from my little riverside base I dropped into someone's mine tunnel. I left a signpost and a ladder going up. If you go up just a little ways there's a big network of caverns I've only barely explored. Also, I'm going to help do some mining down there around diamond height if you don't mind!

Top Bottom