• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

Seanspeed

Banned
You tell find the IP in the OP, log in, and type /mv tp gafland.
So its on the Neocraft server?

Ok, so I'm completely new to all this, do I click on the 'Direct Connect' button and then type the address in? I tried that and it said it was an outdated server?

EDIT: Wrong address. I think I got it. Thanks.

EVIL

sweet, I never knew I was so close to a jungle biome.

anyway, you can see my little area @ -350, - 1010. This area isnt finished yet, so will need a bit more time. Will probably build a road from the village to my area, before I have the house finished. The only area of interest atm is the small canyon I constructed that will slowly take you to a little clearing where I am building my house. (have a temp mudhouse on the ridge). I need to do more terraforming there to make it look cool. also if anyone finds a netherfortress, I am in need of netherbrick, please leave a note on here, or at spawn with the coords.

edit: nevermind, it looks like netherrack can be transformed into netherbrick. looks like I will be doing some digging in the nether soon (dig out caves so it wont look hidious)

Morokh

Spotted a witch-hut that could be suitable for a witch farm for our long-term glowstone needs, roughly 1200 blocks away from spawn.

I'll need to check that closer this evening :p

-Minsc-

Haha ! great ! I see Minsc is still working on his smelter :p

This will come in handy to pick a good location for my first real house, because it doesn't fit with the spawn village's style.

WOW you even see people talking :D

Smelter is done, just doing cosmetic stuff. :)

Seanspeed

Banned
Hmmm. Teleporting to GAFLand wasn't working for me.

Also, do I need to contact somebody in particular to actually 'join up' to the server rather than just be a visitor?

Ark

Do you know if Dynmap has been updated recently? My friend runs a server that used to have it, but it stopped working and we can't get it going again. Running Buildcraft, Railcraft, Mo' Creatures and a few others. Still on 1.5.2 because Mo's hasn't been updated yet.

Absolutely no idea. This is the first time I've ever tried using Dynmap, sorry.

Seanspeed

Banned
Username is Seanspeed99. Hopefully y'all see it this time!

Modding is a bit of a pain. I've already messed everything up, I think. Wont even load the game anymore. There seems to be different instructions for how to install both Forge and Optifine and they are apparently incompatible(the instructions, not the programs), even though they say they're for the same version.

Great.

Guess I just need to delete everything and start over?

I'm also getting a lot of really ugly lighting glitches with blacked out textures in darker areas. Whats the best way to fix that? You'd think with all that money, they could afford a few more people to rectify this stuff before releasing.

Morokh

I'm also getting a lot of really ugly lighting glitches with blacked out textures in darker areas. Whats the best way to fix that? You'd think with all that money, they could afford a few more people to rectify this stuff before releasing.

That's in the game itself, Jeb tweeted that he fixed it last week or the one before so it should be fixed for the next major update.

Sarcasm

Username is Seanspeed99. Hopefully y'all see it this time!

Modding is a bit of a pain. I've already messed everything up, I think. Wont even load the game anymore. There seems to be different instructions for how to install both Forge and Optifine and they are apparently incompatible(the instructions, not the programs), even though they say they're for the same version.

Great.

Guess I just need to delete everything and start over?

I will help you.

Also don't use optifine with mods..it breaks things.

Sarcasm

I have Rei's Minimap, Forge build 804 and the latest version of Optifine Ultra and 13 mods installed.

It doesn't break things.

It won't break REI's. If our just doign REI's you are fine.

Just don't come on my server with all the other mods =p (RR modpack with bukkit support)..than it breaks things.

I also recommend Inventory Tweaks if your going ultra light on mods.

masud

Banned
Sent Ark a pm I'm on the server but that command wont work. Haven't played in over a year all the new stuff sounds great.

Sanic

Sent Ark a pm I'm on the server but that command wont work. Haven't played in over a year all the new stuff sounds great.

You mean to warp to gafland? It (seemingly) didn't work for me either.

Also Ark I'm still waiting on the permissions change :p

Ark

Wow, thats pretty awesome Ark. Was it hard to do? I downloaded the backup of Gafland last night and I was going to make a dropbox map of it tonight, but I'm wondering now if I should bother? LOL

It was unbelievably easy to setup.

You could still set up a dropbox map if you wanted, the dynmap isn't in fancy HD. Totally up to you though :p

kidko

Thanks for setting up the dynmap, so awesome. Helps for scouting out good places to get clay. I need a lot of it to finish the roof of the riverhouse.

I happened upon another abandoned mine if anyone wants to check it out. There's an entrance at -723 -1141 (according to the dynmap)

Wow I thought I was further from spawn. But looking at the map I can see I am rather close.

EDIT:
I have been watching Pandacraft on the map all morning since his build is right by mine.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So, I have a question for everyone who played on the new Gafland this weekend:

Are any of you getting inventory lag and block lag?

It seems to come and go for me, but there are times in Gafland when if I put something in the craft window it dissapears, but a few seconds later it "catches up". Just general inventory lag, I've never experienced it this bad before. But it's not consistent either, it seems to come and go, and although it's very playable it is still a bit annoying.

Then, last night Bluebren gave me a spare saddle he had (Thanks Blue!) and I made some golden carrots, breeded a few community horses, and took an all white one for myself. But I was surprised to find that I get extreme lag while riding any horse, it's actually faster for me just to sprint around rather than ride. And I don't seem to get any movement lag while sprinting, but while riding it's real bad.

Anyone else experiencing this kind of stuff on Gafland, or am I the only one? Didn't play at all on the old Neocraft world, so I have no idea if it's doing it there for me too.

kidko

It seems to come and go for me, but there are times in Gafland when if I put something in the craft window it dissapears, but a few seconds later it "catches up". Just general inventory lag, I've never experienced it this bad before. But it's not consistent either, it seems to come and go, and although it's very playable it is still a bit annoying.

Then, last night Bluebren gave me a spare saddle he had (Thanks Blue!) and I made some golden carrots, breeded a few community horses, and took an all white one for myself. But I was surprised to find that I get extreme lag while riding any horse, it's actually faster for me just to sprint around rather than ride. And I don't seem to get any movement lag while sprinting, but while riding it's real bad.

Anyone else experiencing this kind of stuff on Gafland, or am I the only one? Didn't play at all on the old Neocraft world, so I have no idea if it's doing it there for me too.

I've been getting the same inventory and block lag but I just play through it. My actions are always accounted for, it's just the rendering is delayed a bit sometimes. I chalk it up to being across the pond (assuming the server is in EU somewhere?)

kidko

jc7atgx9klDSF.png

Mack's House

Mack, your place is gorgeous. I'm going to have to study your work and copy some ideas for sure! I want to make a couple bridges in the same style crossing over to my riverhouse, as well as the ornate details on the house. Excellent stuff.

I am getting block and inventory lag sometimes. I haven't tamed a horse yet to see if that is happening for me. I'll try that tonight and let you know.

Ark

I've had inventory lag very rarely lately and minimal block lag. I've had horse lag a fair bit though, but I've always put that down to my own crappy connection.

defel

I think the horses are just generally glitched. Watched plenty of youtube vids and the horses are the same all over. They suck in SP too.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I think the horses are just generally glitched. Watched plenty of youtube vids and the horses are the same all over. They suck in SP too.

Nah, I have a few in my SMP world and I have to say that they work beautifully for me there. My only complaint about horses offline is that they are too fast and I keep killing them by accident by falling down ravines. I now breed them and keep a stable full of spare horses, lined up like sacrificial taxis.

Online though I have no worries about accidentally killing them, because I can literally run faster than I can ride them, lol.

belushy

Banned
Yeah the dynamic map is pretty cool. I liked using it a month ago to look over the Westeros Craft map.

Also, how long does it take to get whitelisted exactly? Tried a few minutes ago to tele and didn't work.

-Minsc-

Yeah the dynamic map is pretty cool. I liked using it a month ago to look over the Westeros Craft map.

Also, how long does it take to get whitelisted exactly? Tried a few minutes ago to tele and didn't work.

Basically when ever ark sees your posts/PM's then lifts a finger to do the perform the action.

I do experience this but only when other users of my internet connection are hogging bandwidth streaming videos.

M4shy

Neo Member
I also recommend Inventory Tweaks if your going ultra light on mods.
I have Inventory Tweaks ;)
I just have convenience ones, like Armour/Baff bar mods and TreeCapitator for Single player.

I get little to no lag. That said I do get about 60 ping to the server.

Seanspeed

Banned
Well hey, let me know when you approve me Ark.

I'm gonna mess around in single-player for a while til then. I don't know how I ever got by without this minimap on the 360 version. So good.

Ark

Well hey, let me know when you approve me Ark.

I'm gonna mess around in single-player for a while til then. I don't know how I ever got by without this minimap on the 360 version. So good.

I didn't even realise you were waiting to be approved. What's your MC name?

Ditto for you, what's your MC name now?

Top Bottom