• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

belushy

Banned

Thanks Ark! :)

edit: Also, does anyone have suggestions for mods that add "small" additions? What I mean is, I want mods that maybe add a new ore or two and maybe some new armor, weapons, decoration pieces, and decoration blocks. My computer can't really handle the mods that add a bunch of new machines like IC2, Buildcraft, and most of the mods in FTB.

At the moment I'm thinking of adding Metallurgy, E-Tools, Bibliocraft. I was thinking of Tinkers Construct/Natura but still not sure exactly. Any suggestions?

Hmm, I played on the GAF server ages ago. I remember something about building an ark I think? :lol Now seems like as good a time as any to get back into Minecraft, as I haven't played it for a long time either and had a blast learning and playing back on one of the older servers. I'll check now if I'm still validated or whatever (I doubt it, it's been a while). MC name: phoenix_dawn

Edit: Haha, it's so strange logging in and finding I'm in an old house that I must have built months/a year ago. Got back down to visitor status now though so I can't do anything atm so I'll wait to get whitelisted/accepted again.

-Minsc-

Hmm, I played on the GAF server ages ago. I remember something about building an ark I think? :lol Now seems like as good a time as any to get back into Minecraft, as I haven't played it for a long time either and had a blast learning and playing back on one of the older servers. I'll check now if I'm still validated or whatever (I doubt it, it's been a while). MC name: phoenix_dawn

Edit: Haha, it's so strange logging in and finding I'm in an old house that I must have built months/a year ago. Got back down to visitor status now though so I can't do anything atm so I'll wait to get whitelisted/accepted again.

You can thank Ark for accidentally losing the server permissions list last week. ;)

Is the NeoCraft sever all legit or do you guys spawn items in to build you stuff?

neocraft now has two maps on the same server. the main one (Neocraft) is creative/survival, the secondary one called Gafland is survival only.

so Neocraft ain't legit, Gafland is legit. Yo.

Morokh

Watching the map at work, soooooo many ideas (.. so little time xD) need to put a claim on one or two places just in case :p

Also I got something really fun in mind for that weirdly spawned villager house in the spawn village :D
(the one that I think no one claimed yet, near the well, just beside the farms)

Wired

Ok, basic questions incoming.

I'm trying to install Minecraft Forge and a couple mods, but I don't have any sort of Minecraft folder or anything? All I have is an .exe to launch the game. What is my next step here? I'm lost.

You can install Forge ok? Shouldn't be any issues there.

As for the Minecraft folder it's in user/name/appdata/roaming directory, easiest way to get there is to type %appdata% in the search

Seanspeed

Banned
You can install Forge ok? Shouldn't be any issues there.

As for the Minecraft folder it's in user/name/appdata/roaming directory, easiest way to get there is to type %appdata% in the search
Yea, I eventually did figure it all out. Thanks, though!

ZZMitch

Hey guys so whats the deal with the Neogaf servers? I played a bunch last summer on the survival server. I thought you guys had started a new server? I logged on today and was still in my castle I had built over a year ago! So I assume that is still the main survival server for the foreseeable future?

Also I need to get my status on the server changed, since it seems I am a visitor now heh! I think I was donator status on the server last summer but I don't know if that carries over or anything. Name is ZZMitch.

I hope I can get playing a bit on the server again, nice to see it is 1.6.2! I was kind of hoping I would return to a fresh new server like Mindcrack had done but at least I still have my castle I suppose!

Morokh

Hey guys so whats the deal with the Neogaf servers? I played a bunch last summer on the survival server. I thought you guys had started a new server? I logged on today and was still in my castle I had built over a year ago! So I assume that is still the main survival server for the foreseeable future?

Also I need to get my status on the server changed, since it seems I am a visitor now heh! I think I was donator status on the server last summer but I don't know if that carries over or anything. Name is ZZMitch.

I hope I can get playing a bit on the server again, nice to see it is 1.6.2! I was kind of hoping I would return to a fresh new server like Mindcrack had done but at least I still have my castle I suppose!

There is now 2 maps running at the same time on the Neogaf server, the first is the regular map you know where people can play the way they want (survival or creative), the new one is a new exclusively survival map in hard mode.

You can acces the new survival map by typing /mv tp gafland once you become a member again.

Wired

Posting some more images, but seeing as I'm pimping my crap all the time maybe I should start playing mp. I dunno, I'm quite attached to my world and starting over? Well maybe.

First my new farm area, it started out as me wanting to move the animal pens further from the house. The noise was driving me crazy. Then I thought hey, let's take it a bit further. The old farm is in the upper left.
new_farm1.jpg

This is my farming supply and storage house, right inside the door there's a chest that's connected to an automated sorting system. which is the main focus of this picture.
a_storage.jpg

Lastly I thought I'd build a vault with a code lock, I spent several hours designing my own redstone circuit. And while it would have worked it was quite frankly horrendous and overcomplicated. I feel bad just thinking about it, so I looked up a tutorial instead. Went for a very simple 2-color lock seen below.
code.jpg

And the vault with my riches :p Two points however, the diamond stack is hollow and propped up by piles of dirt *cough* And the iron stack is quite depleted after building my sorting system. I have plenty of gold though :(
vault2.jpg

Yea, I eventually did figure it all out. Thanks, though!

Lol yeah, I managed to miss the entire last page when I saw your question :p

Ark

Seanspeed99

Added you both.

If I've missed anyone, shoot me a PM.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Panda's xp and mob grinder, now open for business on GAFLAND.

DdyxOpP.jpg

What other XP grinder has:

A stable for maximum equine security:
lsC6I3n.jpg

Double spawners for double the xp and loot:
OZW09n6.jpg

Free onsite splash potion supply:
Nz4Pj2t.jpg

on-site lvl 30 ready enchanting room:
ifNx0b6.jpg

Just head south from gafland's spawn and follow the stone brick road from panda's house.

pls come, im lonely

Vlad

Tried to use it yesterday by using potions ( warning i'm a potion noob :p) which potion are you supposed to throw at them ? tried poison and harming, none of the two worked ...

I haven't been there, but if the monsters are undead (zombies or skeletons), I believe you have to use healing potions to damage them.

ZZMitch

There is now 2 maps running at the same time on the Neogaf server, the first is the regular map you know where people can play the way they want (survival or creative), the new one is a new exclusively survival map in hard mode.

You can acces the new survival map by typing /mv tp gafland once you become a member again.

Ah, awesome. Looks like the new map is the one for me!

Ark

I know this might be a strange question to ask, but is there a recommended area/biome I should build in? I haven't played survival in a long time and I'm really stuck when I look at the map for choosing somewhere to hole up.

789shadow

Banned
I know this might be a strange question to ask, but is there a recommended area/biome I should build in? I haven't played survival in a long time and I'm really stuck when I look at the map for choosing somewhere to hole up.
I really wouldn't recommend building in jungle unless you really want to specifically, I would also take just about any other biome over desert, and extreme hills is also less desirable.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I really wouldn't recommend building in jungle unless you really want to specifically, I would also take just about any other biome over desert, and extreme hills is also less desirable.

I like to hole up in extreme hill biomes, simply because I love building huge mountain bases. But I've built huge elaborate bases in every biome of the game, and honestly they all have their charm. Snow fortresses can be peaceful and serene, jungle castles can turn into cat infested vine covered sanctuaries, desert temples can be beautiful during the sunrises and sunsets, grassland lodges can be an awesome oasis.

Pretty much it depends on what you want to build, and what you are in the mood for.

Personally I'm staying in my house in Gafville for awhile (have we decided on a name for the town yet?). I'm going to cave, spelunk, and mine like a crazed dwarf, but stockpile everything in my house basement until I decide on what I'm building next.

Sarcasm

Yeah, although I've been looking around at loads of mods in the end I couldn't be bothered. So yes, vanilla.

Ah okay! I never heard of a working door lock or lock in general why I asked.

Well if you just want some nice things that won't affect your world I recommend zans minimap and inventory tweaks.

Forge mods of course but they won't affect any existing worlds (since there is no actual items add/no world gen).

Can always ask for suggestions ^.^

Grinchy

Banned
I like to hole up in extreme hill biomes, simply because I love building huge mountain bases. But I've built huge elaborate bases in every biome of the game, and honestly they all have their charm. Snow fortresses can be peaceful and serene, jungle castles can turn into cat infested vine covered sanctuaries, desert temples can be beautiful during the sunrises and sunsets, grassland lodges can be an awesome oasis.

Pretty much it depends on what you want to build, and what you are in the mood for.

Personally I'm staying in my house in Gafville for awhile (have we decided on a name for the town yet?). I'm going to cave, spelunk, and mine like a crazed dwarf, but stockpile everything in my house basement until I decide on what I'm building next.

I'm a big fan of snow fortresses, and I'm also going to do the same thing you are. Just stockpile a bunch of stuff in my current house until a big project strikes a chord. I've actually never built in a jungle before so maybe I'll try that.

-Minsc-

I'm a big fan of snow fortresses, and I'm also going to do the same thing you are. Just stockpile a bunch of stuff in my current house until a big project strikes a chord. I've actually never built in a jungle before so maybe I'll try that.

I quite enjoyed the NeoLulu build we did last year. Was quite fun, especially with all the plugins broken. ;)

Seanspeed

Banned
I cant get online anymore for some reason. I load up the launcher and it only allows me to play offline. I log out, try to sign in again and it wont connect. Is this normal? Just server problems? :/

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I cant get online anymore for some reason. I load up the launcher and it only allows me to play offline. I log out, try to sign in again and it wont connect. Is this normal? Just server problems? :/

No, it's not normal. The only times that happens to me is when:

a) my internet is down, or

b) Mojang's site is down

kidko

Twitter says something about "session authentication servers are down"

Seanspeed

Banned
No, it's not normal. The only times that happens to me is when:

a) my internet is down, or

b) Mojang's site is down
Internet is working fine.

And I could sign in to the Minecraft.net sign ok.

Aaaargh. I join up for the first time and now its just stopped working right as I wanted to get started in GAFLand. Fantastic.

Any ideas?

Twitter says something about "session authentication servers are down"
Hm, ok, that might be it.

-Minsc-

Wait, I didn't know Neocraft was also creative. Do you need special permissions to build in creative?

Creative is allowed on the main NeoCraft map. All one has to do is ask a mod to change your gamemode and you're good to go. The new world set up on the server, GafLand, is survival only.

On another note, names for the new Gafland village?

-Gateway Village
-Novus Hamlet

There is a nice jungle by my build. Come build a jungle tree city in the trees and we can make a bridge between our builds. lol

Grinchy

Banned
There is a nice jungle by my build. Come build a jungle tree city in the trees and we can make a bridge between our builds. lol

I just might do that. I've been stockpiling a lot of cobble but I feel like I'd need wood for a jungle build. I still haven't been out to see your build either way.

Wired

Man sometimes you really can't find diamonds to save your life. Wore down a unbreaking III diamond pickaxe to the point were I can only se a single pixel of red and all I found were 2 lol

Thankfully I have a XP grinder just inside my mine so getting enough levels to repair it shouldn't take long. Shame I'll have to use the diamonds I found to repair it though!

I just might do that. I've been stockpiling a lot of cobble but I feel like I'd need wood for a jungle build. I still haven't been out to see your build either way.

It's due south from spawn you won't miss it. And good thing about the jungle is its all wood. and wood is renewable. I have oak and spruce trees around my build as well so you have other options then jungle wood.

Pjsprojects

Bit help needed please.

I have played the 360 version since launch and have never played the pc version until today...

How do i know where i am on the map as i can't see the x,y,z and seem to go off the edge of the map forever?

Also how do i play two players on same map as we have two pc's and this must be possible.

Last of all, on survive mode how do i know what parts build what items? the 360 version shows a list of parts needed to build even an axe.

Bit help needed please.

I have played the 360 version since launch and have never played the pc version until today...

How do i know where i am on the map as i can't see the x,y,z and seem to go off the edge of the map forever?
F3
Also how do i play two players on same map as we have two pc's and this must be possible.
Local Lan
Last of all, on survive mode how do i know what parts build what items? the 360 version shows a list of parts needed to build even an axe.
minecarft wiki

Sorry for the short reply but yeah there you go.

Wired

Hahah, went back into my mine to look for more diamonds after repairing the pickaxe, twenty minutes later I have 28 diamonds. It's still very satisfying finding them, even after all these years.

Wired

Man silk touch is so awesome, the amount of coal & redstone you can bring with you from your mining expeditions each time is ridiculous. Also realized I was quite fortunate I lucked on building my base on a slime chunk. Considering the amount of sticky pistons I go through things would've been annoying otherwise :p

Finding myself with a bit of a creative block, can't figure out what to do next, just been mining for a long time. Guess I could get to work on a bigger storage area as I'm running out of space in my cellar. After all this mining I've got 4 double chests each of cobble, smooth, and stone bricks :p

Problem is I'm an insane hoarder, hate to leave stuff when mining. Usually I even run back periodically to drop things off even if it is a ten minute run back and forth. Don't know what I'll do with all this stuff but I'm sure it'll come in handy ;)

Top Bottom