• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft VITA/PS3/PS4 free on the PS Store.

Chesskid1

Banned
i'm an american with a spare euro account i made to beta test some games and it just worked for me.

i keep it as an alternate on my ps4 so now i have free minecraft on my main to play. thanks.

i don't think i'll use the vita version because i have to switch users and thats hard on ps3/vita right?

PS4 version is probably only trial. Just saying. I can't take advantage of this because I already own them. Still I did get Killzone for free in that glitch the other month. Take note, I haven't been banned yet.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Got all 3. Thanks OP. I don't think I'll ever play them since the game doesn't really click with me, but free games are free games.

Thankfully i have an EU and US account.

I feel a bit bad doing this, but i've owned minecraft so many times... i'm torn, i think i'll pass and just purchase it when i have a bit of extra cash.

gruenel

PS4 version is probably only trial. Just saying. I can't take advantage of this because I already own them. Still I did get Killzone for free in that glitch the other month. Take note, I haven't been banned yet.

Sony never banned people for these kinds of "offers" :p. Happened with NBA 2K13 on PS3, too.

No it's not, at least not for me. There's two things, the game/demo and the unlock key. And the game shows up as bought, but the unlock key shows up for 4.99.

YEA THERE ARE 2 ps4 version, unlock and the 1st 1 says psn game ps4. if it was a demo i am sure it would say demo like one of the ps3 versions

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Can you create an Euro account on PS4, buy this with this method and then delete the account to keep playing on your original one?

You probably have to keep the euro account on your PS4, but you can still play on your main account. That's how it worked on PS3.

MUnited83

For you.
No it's not, at least not for me. There's two things, the game/demo and the unlock key. And the game shows up as bought, but the unlock key shows up for 4.99.

Can you link me to the unlock key? I can't find it anywhere on the webstore. Just one page, the PS4 one, says free and to download. No option to buy unlock key anywhere.

PS4 isn't free, once you've purchased PS3/Vita the main Minecraft PS4 download will show as free as only the trial is available as you can't purchase it at full price. But there's another download with an unlock key which is £3.69, which is what you'll need to play the full game.

TheAznOne

Can you create an Euro account on PS4, buy this with this method and then delete the account to keep playing on your original one?

I just made one on the website. You can set that uk profile as a primary also so you do not need to delete the profile. If you did delete it, the game will not work without the uk profile present on the system.

I got both demos from PC store, skipped the 3rd part and just went to PS3's store to download it, haven't tried it yet but seems to have the same effect, gave me a 100kb file which takes the lock off the game's icon.

Ad0l

Banned
Yes! Now I don't have to choose between digital and physical release. I'll gladly buy the boxed version later.

MUnited83

For you.
Yes! Now I don't have to choose between digital and physical release. I'll gladly buy the boxed version later.

From the sounds of it you wouldn't need to choose anyways, apparently the physical comes with a gamecard AND a voucher for the digital version.

Well, I successfully did it. Now I'm scared of getting banned.
Don't be. PSN has some of those bugs from time to time. Nobody ever got banned for it.

Worked for me. I think.

"Buy" the ps3 demo.
Then go back and "buy" the full ps3 game not the ps4 or vita versions

Checkout and see its at 0.00 price

The see psv/4 listed as purchased.

Guymelef

LOL.
Beware a bug for PS4 version...

PS4 version it's trial version and if you try unlock full version it says you own it.

Fezan

worked for me Euro store saudi account.

Feels like old games cheat code. do this than that you will get some reward

Top Bottom