• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft VITA/PS3/PS4 free on the PS Store.

i got it but i wish it was also NA too that way I could play the vita version. Man the vita only being able to use 1 account per memory card is so dumb, especially with the vita tv existing.(also lol at the vita tv not even being able to use netflix, i just found that out. i facepalmed in real life when i found that out)

i bet they can miraculously fix this within a few hours but are somehow unable to release drive club ps+ edition still.
Lmao! I'm still waiting on that. Have they spoken about the issue?

Anyway I was planning on buying the game later on. No US doesn't bother me. But for everyone who got it hope you enjoy it.

I think this a test of how much interest I have in minecraft. Even at the bargain price of Free, I still have no desire in downloading.

m@cross

Unique? Not really. A lot of the European ones just change a handful of prices and the downloadable ripoff themes.

The holy grail is trying to get a Korean account. Nothing special there, but it's just hard to register.

Thinking if I get Korean, HK, Japanese, UAE, US, UK, and maybe German I will have it covered ;p

MUnited83

For you.
Good thing only small video game companies are hurt by their games being stolen....

The games are not being stolen, they are being given for free due to a bug on the store, which is Sony's fault. The developers and publishers of the games are not being hurt at all because I'm pretty damn sure Sony is accountable for the bug and so they will presumably pay the equivalent costs to 4J Studios.

Jimrpg

I'm getting the same error other people are getting - that I can't add the PS3 version because I have the vita version...

the vita version is still $19.75 tho

its in my purchase history....

hmm... oh well I can't play first person games without getting motion sickness tho so doesn't matter either way.

No, the deal hasn't been finalized.

And there's Microsoft branded games on Nintendo's handhelds.

I was trying to think of some, I know it's not remotely the same but it kind of reminds me of when Sega first debuted a Nintendo game haha. Again definitely not the same circumstance but it's interesting.

I'm getting the same error other people are getting - that I can't add the PS3 version because I have the vita version...

hmm... oh well I can't play first person games without getting motion sickness tho so doesn't matter either way.

Same here

ramyeon

Same for me. Oh well.

Fasty

Crazy... I accidentally did this this morning. I downloaded the demo onto my Vita, and then decided to check how much the PS3 version was. I'd already downloaded the demo of that version previously, and it gave me the option to download the full game to my PS3, even though it says it's $19.95... I have no idea if it will let me play it though.

And now I just checked and I can download the Vita version too. It will be interesting to see if it lets me play them when it does its license check

Dambrosi

Banned
I think I was too late for the PS3 version, but it looks like I still managed to get the Vita version for free. So thanks for the heads-up, OP.

RK128

I'm just wondering, does this glitch apply to the US PSN as well? Tried the same trick on my main NA account and it didn't work :(.

-GJ-

When I want to download the PS3-version it tells me I can't because I already own the Vita-version, but when I download the Vita-version and I want to boot it it tells it's just the demo and I have to unlock the full game. No idea how some people are still getting the Vita-version for free. Oh well... I'll probably buy it soon anyway.

m@cross

The games are not being stolen, they are being given for free due to a bug on the store, which is Sony's fault. The developers and publishers of the games are not being hurt at all because I'm pretty damn sure Sony is accountable for the bug and so they will presumably pay the equivalent costs to 4J Studios.

Oh in that case it is perfectly ethical.....

brb, I think my well-to-do neighbor forgot to lock his garage door, good thing he has insurance to pay for me ... acquiring... his car.

baekshi

Banned
Says I can't do it on EU as I own Minecraft Vita ( I only downloaded the PS3 and VITA demo). Please help GAF. :(

I don't think it works anymore, if it does... you were suppose to 'buy' PS3 Demo then Vita Demo, and go back to PS3 to grab the full game.

Wow, so, wait, it's confirmed that the retail version will be a game card AND include a voucher for the ditigal Vita/PS3 copies? Because if so, I might wait for the physical release.

It seems like they missed the money for at least one copy ;)

I... I think this worked. Minecraft PS Vita is in my download list, no mention of it being a trial version anywhere. Downloaded from the buy page too

Edit: Nope, was just the trial version

Ahem

And even if that wasn't the case: they wouldn't miss the money for the one copy because Sony is held accountable to pay for it.

Oh, I was talking about how Sony is losing money as this also happened with sly4, gow,jak, starlight inception and now minecraft. :|

they are basically giving a free copy with each phyisical

o.o

Correct me if I'm wrong, you are saying that because they have chosen to give buyers of the retail version the same access to cross buy as the people that buys it through PSN, that it doesn't matter if people are getting it for free through the glitch?

How big is Minecraft on the Vita? The Vita store page just says 25kb minimum, but it says the same thing on the demo page and that's 157 MB.

This is exactly what I'm getting. I'm in the UK.

javac

I already own the PS3 version legitimately, so I already should have access to the Vita version right? I sold my Vita recently but it'd be nice to have MC on it if I choose to purchase one again.

Top Bottom