• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft VITA/PS3/PS4 free on the PS Store.

RK128

Wow, thank you OP :D! Never played this before....can finally see why everyone loves this game so much now :).

Shame I can't play it on my Vita (as I have my main account being a US one) but at the very least, I got the PS3 version for free :).

Thank you OP :D.

Tenrius

Thanks, got it.

For the PS3 dudes from the US, you can easily create a EU account, do this and download the game. You are then able to play it on your US account.

US peeps, take note. Shame on everyone complaining it's a EU-only thing, because setting up a EU PSN account takes about as much time as reading this thread and posting a "No US???" reply. Doesn't work with the Vita though.

Wait, you need a separate memory card and have to factory reset the vita every time you switch accounts? What idiot thought of that? Most bone headed decision ever. No wonder the vita sales are tanking. /rantcauseIcantplayminecraftforfreeonmyvita

MUnited83

For you.
Wait, you need a separate memory card and have to factory reset the vita every time you switch accounts? What idiot thought of that? Most bone headed decision ever. No wonder the vita sales are tanking. /rantcauseIcantplayminecraftforfreeonmyvita

Yeap, that's the gist of it :/

bob page

Yep, it's pretty ridiculous. The Vita's OS is garbage.

saturnine

You didn't get an unlock file for the ps4 version did you?

What do you mean?

The main reason I don't bother buying stuff from the US store, especially all those sweet PS Classics that the Euro store is missing. Seriously baffling.

Jinjo

Man, Sony EU is getting a nice surprise next morning lol. Someone is gonna get fired over this. Thanks! Dipped in for the PS4 version for €4 too! My little sis will be happy with this. :)

Cade

Went ahead and snagged this on an EU account, though I'm in the US so I can't play the Vita version without memory card fuckery I don't want to mess with (I don't remember how even) but the PS3 version is a good freebie.

Having trouble...
Trying this with UK and Australia accounts.

On Aussie I did it from the PC.
On UK I did it from the PS3. Both times it fails at adding the free PS3 version to the cart.

Playstation police has arrived.

tumblr_mp8o4fXJb11r34kt3o1_400.gif

bob page

I just got the Vita & PS3 versions- the PS4 version unlock was available for 3.75gpb or something (around $8.75). I went to the desktop account management and added some funds using paypal since I'm in the US but it doesn't look like they processed it to my wallet. Does it usually take a while or something?

Holmes

Hm. I downloaded the PS3 demo, then went to the Vita version, and there was no demo. So I downloaded the trial. The "buy" option in the PS3 version turned to "download", but clicking it leads to a window that says "an error has occurred."

:/

The glitch has been put in stasis. Now you can't buy the full version, much less the free one with this glitch.

Probably an easier fix while they work on the proper implementation.

El_Cinefilo

This won't get fixed until morning, when they linked a 60p picture pack to the full version of Killzone shadow fall it didn't get fixed until the next day and everyone got to keep it. When they gave the eu Gotham City Imposters and one of the Nba 2k games that were meant for Saudi Arabia as replacements for games that were banned there it didn't get fixed until the next morning and everyone got to keep them. Once they've clocked out I doubt they'd give a fuck if they left the new Call of Duty up for free.

m@cross

Not really interested inn stealing games, but have a question.

How many unique Playstation stores exist? I have a HK account, a UK account, and my US account. Does every country have a unique store?

Not really interested inn stealing games, but have a question.

How many unique Playstation stores exist? I have a HK account, a UK account, and my US account. Does every country have a unique store?

Unique? Not really. A lot of the European ones just change a handful of prices and the downloadable ripoff themes.

The holy grail is trying to get a Korean account. Nothing special there, but it's just hard to register.

Khronico

It says I own the vita version somehow so it won't let me add minecraft ps3 to basket. Huh.
Edit: similar problem above me too ha.

Omerta

How can they punish you?

It download 2 demos that you're encouraged to do and a game shows up as free.

For all you know, it's confirming that you having bought the full version and the demo is "free".

I bet there are people out there who wound up with the full version without knowing it... They'll just keep on crafting, waiting for their hour to finish!

Top Bottom