• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecrafts Better Together Cross Play is already magical in my house

Widge

They don't create XBL accounts,

I went to sign on to the server stuff when this update went live and it prompted me to sign in to or sign up for an Xbox Live Account, those actual words. It quite happily pulls through my little avatar.

EDIT: on iOS.

MUnited83

For you.
I went to sign on to the server stuff when this update went live and it prompted me to sign in to or sign up for an Xbox Live Account, those actual words. It quite happily pulls through my little avatar.

EDIT: on iOS.

It threw me into a catch-all Microsoft account website with different options, being preselected to the Minecraft Account option.(Xbox account being on a separate tab)

Tntnico

For Xbox players, the Better Together update is a game changer.

- Your old world become an Infinite World
- You can move your it to a Realm
- You can play it on portable devices

The only thing I need in my Life now is Super Duper Graphics pack.

eizarus

Banned
This sucks. My little cousins love gaming. They'd be over the moon to be able to play Minecraft (and Destiny 2) with me, but we can't because Sony says Xbox is where the bad hombres are at.

Edit: love what your family has done though :)

This sucks. My little cousins love gaming. They'd be over the moon to be able to play Minecraft (and Destiny 2) with me, but we can't because Sony says Xbox is where the bad hombres are at.

Don't have any compatible phones or tablets lying around? Hell, if you wanted to go all in, a Kindle Fire is a pretty cheap route.

Peltz

Here's the actual quote:

"When Microsoft sends its people, they're not sending their best. ... They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people," - Sony E3 2017

For Xbox players, the Better Together update is a game changer.

- Your old world become an Infinite World
- You can move your it to a Realm
- You can play it on portable devices

The only thing I need in my Life now is Super Duper Graphics pack.

The crazy thing is I have a world I transferred all the way up from the release day version of Minecraft on 360. And now it's infinite, I can play it on anything, and I finally have access to items and biomes that were previously unavailable due to my whole (tiny) map being explored more than 5 years ago.

Gorki247

The crazy thing is I have a world I transferred all the way up from the release day version of Minecraft on 360. And now it's infinite, I can play it on anything, and I finally have access to items and biomes that were previously unavailable due to my whole (tiny) map being explored more than 5 years ago.

That's a good point. I still have a world that originated on the 360, but I eventually stopped playing because I was missing out on the new items and biomes. Now I can revisit that world and discover new things ... exciting.

This is cool.

HowZatOZ

Banned
I told my nephews I'd finally be able to play again with them after selling my Xbox for the safer PS4, they were incredibly excited. I might even grab a realm so that we can enjoy our creations and they can invite their friends.

WillyFive

Living the cross-play dream with legitimately one of the greatest multiplayer games of all time.

I told my nephews I'd finally be able to play again with them after selling my Xbox for the safer PS4, they were incredibly excited. I might even grab a realm so that we can enjoy our creations and they can invite their friends.

....umm.

Lom1lo

For real ? I'll scrap my new World and going to import my 360 stuff, build an awesome Village with a Nether temple there and never played it again because its an old world

That is unbelievable to me.

It’s funny to think how there’s nothing particularly nuts about it though. It’s the same game. It’s not like this is some crazy technical innovation, or invention. But the game’s fun and creativity it enables, that’s what matters.

If you had shown me this when I was way into Minecraft in alpha, I would have been even more jealous. Damn kids these days have the best childhood!

WillyFive

That is unbelievable to me.

It’s funny to think how there’s nothing particularly nuts about it though. It’s the same game. It’s not like this is some crazy technical innovation, or invention. But the game’s fun and creativity it enables, that’s what matters.

If you had shown me this when I was way into Minecraft in alpha, I would have been even more jealous. Damn kids these days have the best childhood!

It's great that more and more people get to experience Minecraft to its full extent even almost a decade after it's release, even if it is full of micro transactions in the crossplay "main" version now.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
$3,99 a month for 3 players at the same time
$7,99 for 11 players at the same time

You have to pay a subscription for other players to play in your Minecraft world?

But having your world across all platforms in free?

Never played Minecraft so I've no idea how it works.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
You have to pay a subscription for other players to play in your Minecraft world?

I think you’d need to move to realms to have it playable across all platforms, otherwise your world is stored on your Xbox so nobody can play if your Xbox is off.

Does this support normal multiplayer across platforms? Eg no realms, just Xbox playing a local world and opening it up to LAN - can iPad etc join that game?

shiyrley

Banned

No, the subscription is for a persistent server that doesn't depend on anyone being online. So you store the world in an official server instead of your device.

But you can store your world on your Xbox and have someone join from a Switch, for example. You just need to be online because the world is on your Xbox. If it's a realm, and only one person wants to join, they can, regardless of whether the owner of the world is online or not.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
No, the subscription is for a persistent server that doesn't depend on anyone being online. So you store the world in an official server instead of your device.

But you can store your world on your Xbox and have someone join from a Switch, for example. You just need to be online because the world is on your Xbox. If it's a realm, and only one person wants to join, they can, regardless of whether the owner of the world is online or not.

Oh, ok. So to have multiple people join a persistent single world regardless of whether the person is online.

Looks neat. I'm sure this is killer on portable.

Top Bottom